Gransnet forums

Chat

Cool spray

(30 Posts)
Serendipity22 Tue 17-May-22 06:34:59

Morning everyone. smile
Has anyone any experience of those cool sprays? Like Magicool!

The reason for asking is because the heat transforms me to mush and i have wracked my brains to ideas which ended up with the notion of sitting with my feet in the fridge alllllll day I kid you not.

The spray would need to be 100ml or less as I will be taking it through airport, this idea woke me up at FLIPPIN 5.30am !!!!!

Thank you sunshinesunshinesunshine

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 06:39:27

Yes! I love MagiCool.
I often use it.
Don’t be tempted to buy the cheaper alternatives.
I always get the big can, but I know that it comes in Impulse size cans too.

And I’ve got another type; a lovely one from Avon called ‘icy cooling elixir’. It’s only 30 ml.

Joseanne Tue 17-May-22 06:52:20

Yes, I was thinking about this only yesterday. I remember being introduced to cooling sprays as a younger person in France. Lots of elegant ladies had evian spray cans in their handbags, and a puff or two of the fine mist made their faces look so chilled. I assume because the top of our body is the hottest part it makes sense to start there?

Serendipity22 Tue 17-May-22 06:52:54

Oooooo THANK YOU Fanny. Where did you buy it from? The smaller size will be ideal for airport allowance.

Thank you smile

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 07:01:30

Joseanne the Evian ones aren’t cooling like MagiCool.

Serendipity I get mine from Amazon (I get everything from Amazon)
But I should imagine Boots et al sell it.

I’ve also got a fantastic mini fan which I think that you’d like (I’ll post you a link) and even a fan which goes around your neck (not as mad as it sounds)

Can you tell that I don’t like the heat?!

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 07:04:29

This is the little fan. I honestly can’t speak highly enough of it.
It is so powerful.
It folds up and charges via USB.
I absolutely love itVersionTECH. Hand Held... www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BT18FFP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&tag=gransnetforum-21

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 07:05:30

This is the neck one.Quiet Neck Fans USB Rechargeable Neck Fan for Women Men, 3 Speeds, Headphone Bladeless Cool Fan for Office, Classroom, Cooking, Travel, Summer Gift (Green) www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0946NW4RF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YZX283TAGN3HYPHDZHS0?psc=1&_encoding=UTF8&tag=gransnetforum-21

Joseanne Tue 17-May-22 07:06:32

Joseannethe Evian ones aren’t cooling like MagiCool.
Thanks, Fanny, I'll take a look to see how they work and compare.

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 07:08:13

And here’s a link for a little bottle of MagiCool. (75ml)
It so expensive though. Magicool Body & Face Cooler 75ml www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001LK8HD0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CJ6YH6DH56HFG9K6ZH5Y?tag=gransnetforum-21

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 07:08:42

There! I think that I’ve got you covered now! grin

shysal Tue 17-May-22 07:36:31

I find one of these useful, although it may be a bit bulky for a travel bag. It takes tap water so can be topped up after the airport.
Have a great trip!

shysal Tue 17-May-22 07:37:13

Sorry , forget link! blush
www.amazon.co.uk/COOLING-HOLIDAY-TRAVEL-PORTABLE-POCKET/dp/B08Y55ZVFX/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&crid=BUKSQZQPH54R&keywords=fan+spray+bottle&sprefix=fan+spray+bottle%2Ckitchen%2C54&tag=gransnetforum-21&qid=1652769167&sr=1-4

Serendipity22 Tue 17-May-22 07:38:25

Hahaha ohhhhh Fanny thank you so much, i cant imagine why you need all these coolants hahahaha, don't you like the heat ????? Haha x

Thank you. Regarding the fan you charge up ....... DA-DAAAA.... Snap.... its absolutely FANtastic .

teabagwoman Tue 17-May-22 07:39:23

Used one a few years ago while volunteering in Kenya, can’t remember the brand but I bought it in Boots and it wasn’t expensive. Best place to use it is on the back of the neck. Thanks for the links to fans FannyCornforth. I have found sitting with my feet on an ice pack helpful in the hot weather.

Serendipity22 Tue 17-May-22 07:40:25

Fanny

I will take a look on the Amazon site for the Magicool, I think I will get some for now and see how I get on with it. Thank you again. smile

Serendipity22 Tue 17-May-22 07:42:43

THANK YOU EVERYBODY much appreciated, its a huge peace of mind to know there is SOMETHING out there to help..... yipeeeeeee.....

Serendipity22 Tue 17-May-22 08:00:30

Thank you Shysal. Those are great. Amazing things out there to help us wilting gals..... ☆☆☆☆

henetha Tue 17-May-22 09:46:43

Those little fans are marvellous. My son bought me one last summer. Also, I like those solid cologne sticks which feel cool when applied to your forehead or wrists etc.
There's one called 4711 Cool Stick. Other makes are available. smile

Witzend Tue 17-May-22 09:47:29

On a similar topic, I’m reminded of a real heatwave some years ago, when I was working in a building with a corrugated metal roof. We had fans, but the temperature inside was still horrendous.

I eventually took in one of those plant spray bottles - more usually used for damping down ironing! - and we sprayed each other as often as we felt like it. Which was a lot!
It made a substantial difference.

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 10:00:01

Ooh henetha, that sounds lovely. I shall get one

henetha Tue 17-May-22 10:01:52

They are nice, FannyCornforth. There's loads online, and I've seen them in Boots.

Fleur20 Tue 17-May-22 11:03:36

Have you consider an ice towel... available on the big river company and lots of sports outlets.. absolutely marvellous. Rinse out in cold water, squeeze out the excess then holding both ends.. pull hard and 'snap' the towel... stays realky cold for ages and is delicious on shoulders, neck, forehead arms ... ANYWHERE!!!

Serendipity22 Tue 17-May-22 15:51:34

Fleur20

Have you consider an ice towel... available on the big river company and lots of sports outlets.. absolutely marvellous. Rinse out in cold water, squeeze out the excess then holding both ends.. pull hard and 'snap' the towel... stays realky cold for ages and is delicious on shoulders, neck, forehead arms ... ANYWHERE!!!

Thank you ever so much, I have heard about these but have never used 1. I most certainly will try it, thank you again....... smile

Serendipity22 Thu 19-May-22 14:25:15

Fanny

FannyCornforth Thu 19-May-22 14:40:57

Excellent! How much were they, if you don’t mind me asking?