Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 19th May 2022

(72 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 19-May-22 05:54:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looks a grey sky but nice and cool at the moment here in brackley this morning .
Today, the plan is to go to Bicester for an hour on the bus but I will also have a bottle of water in my pocket , but hoping there will be a cooling breeze as well.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Thu 19-May-22 06:04:32

Good morning from a grey E Kent. It is very “sticky”.
DH came home in the late afternoon - we were (inevitably) waiting for about 6 hours for the hospital pharmacy to dispense DH’s drugs - the hospice can’t do that…
He was overjoyed to come home, and had some for for the first time in a couple of days. He has just asked for a cup of Horlicks before going back to sleep.
DD is arriving mid afternoon and staying for 48 hours. It will be lovely to see her and have someone rational to talk to.
Got nothing planned for today - just settling DH back home before starting chemotherapy tomorrow. He is very nervous, poor thing.
Good news from lots of you!❤️ Sad for the not so good. Hugs to you all. Hope you have some chunks of gladness in your lives today. Carpe diem. ?????☀️?

Susan56 Thu 19-May-22 06:14:08

Good morning from Shropshire.

So glad your DH is home where he wants to be grandMattie and that you will have your DD with you for the next couple of days.

Good idea to take a bottle of water with you Mick.

We had a very productive day yesterday.Lots done in the gardens.I was in bed by 9!DH fell asleep in the chair and staggered upstairs at 2?

I am up early to get all the chores done before H arrives for the day.Thank you for all your good wishes for him yesterday. We are really hoping he will be starting to feel better today??

Wishing everyone a good day??

Sar53 Thu 19-May-22 06:15:51

Good morning from a grey and overcast Bram.

Yesterday was incredibly hot so a less warm day today is welcome.

We are going to Le Cite in Carcassonne today. We will go on the train as no problems with parking. A walk around the ancient ruins and lunch somewhere.

One of our neighbours here has been having treatment for bowel cancer. Yesterday he had some good news from the hospital so we all sat out last night with bubbles and cake to toast him and his wife. A lovely evening.

I'm glad your DH is home GM and I'm sure that seeing your DD will cheer him up.

Have a lovely Thursday everyone. Much love from France xx

cornergran Thu 19-May-22 06:37:59

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset

Plodded on yesterday, dust removed, groceries put away, a long call from a friend and time to write to another. Ok yes, the phone is fixed, much jubilation here. Head still full of cotton wool otherwise feel better this morning. Will potter outside and perhaps venture forth for a walk after lunch.

Good wishes to everyone, especially thinking of those with a mountain to climb just now. Hope Thursday is kind to us all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 19-May-22 06:53:08

Morning all from what is already looking like a beautiful day in West Oxfordshire. The WI meeting was a hoot last night. There was a hiccup on the Speaker booking front so we had two lots of speakers! The first on the history of hairdressing (more interesting than it sounds) closely followed by a talk on Relaxation. I must post birthday parcels to two of my children today and make a batch of lemon ice cream. I’ve also got to read the Book of Ruth for a talk this evening. GM and Mr GM - have a lovely time with your daughter.???

dragonfly46 Thu 19-May-22 06:59:21

Good morning from a brightish Leicestershire.

Dog walking first thing then Tai Chi then NWR lunch at the cafe in the woods.

Pleased your DH is home Mattie and that your DD is coming.
Wishing everyone a good day.

mumofmadboys Thu 19-May-22 06:59:35

Good morning from Cumbria. Sunny here. Glad your DH is home G Mattie. Love the expression 'hope you all have some chunks of gladness in your lives today'! Let's hope we all do!

brook2704 Thu 19-May-22 07:00:53

Good morning everyone from a sunny and warm Inverness where it’s forecast to be a lovely day although it still looks quite windy. Take care when out and about mick and good idea to take the water
Pleased that your DH got home yesterday gMattie and that your DD is visiting
Hope little H is feeling a bit better today Susan
I’ll pop to the gym first thing for an aerobics class and then DH and I will spend the day gardening, I’ve got a biggish shrubs for him to dig out so I can replace them with some smaller more colourful plants.
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

baubles Thu 19-May-22 07:06:39

Good morning all from bright and sunny South Lanarkshire.

Enjoy having your DD home Mattie, I hope your DH has a peaceful day.

Don Giovanni was a mixed bag, the music and the voices were fabulous but it is very long. I’m not sure that the English subtitles displayed on small screens either side of the theatre really add anything to the experience.

Off to look after the GC today and have another new baby cuddle when we take them home. The two year old really isn’t happy about this little being who has appeared in her house so we will have to be extra attentive to her.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Beechnut Thu 19-May-22 07:07:26

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. I don’t know why but my predictive words that come up when I want to add Severnside are church, here and the. The weather is cloudy. I hoping it brightens up later.

Good news that your DH is home Mattie.

I bought a ball of jute twine yesterday so I’ll get on and weave that through the frame of a mushroom top garden ornament thingy. I’ll spray it with some waterproofing spray and hope it lasts longer this time. I’ll also gather up cuttings from the garden to put into the green waste and might do some painting.

Have a good day all ??

GrannyGravy13 Thu 19-May-22 07:16:12

Morning Mick and all

Thinking if you and your DH grandMattie I hope the chemotherapy goes as well as it can tomorrow, it will be good to have your DD with you for a couple of days.

I was woken by a storm here last night, tremendously heavy rain with thunder rumbling around. The garden needed it,
hopefully my hanging baskets are not damaged as they were only hung at 6pm yesterday. No realllans for the day, might visit mount ironing, might just ring the ironing lady ??

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Grandmabatty Thu 19-May-22 07:18:14

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 10° and bright with lovely blue skies. I am glad that your husband is home Grandmattie.
Yesterday's visit to mum went well. Then I thoroughly enjoyed art class. Sadly it was the last of the session and won't return until autumn. The tutor is a professional artist and has a number of exhibitions coming up. Hopefully she will do some workshops in her garden in the summer like previous years. I was really pleased with my pastel drawing of a woman's face.
This morning I am looking after dgs2 for an hour or so. I'm looking forward to it. Then I'll continue to work on the pastel drawing. Tuna salad for dinner. Have a good day all.

Jaxjacky Thu 19-May-22 07:21:26

Morning from high cloud in S Hants. Pleased he’s home gMattie enjoy your daughter’s visit.
Good you’re improving corner hurray your phone is fixed!
Enjoy your cruise Ashcombe a lovely break.
On the voluntary phone today, bedding needs washed and I’ll sneak in a walk.
Enjoy your day all with some joy ??.

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 19-May-22 07:31:21

Good morning everyone, dull and overcast this morning after torrential rain and Thunderstorms late last night, let’s hope the sun comes out today.
Bought a new mop and bucket yesterday so I’m expecting the old one to reappear any time ( although we have hunted high and low for it) new undercounter fridge will be here in June, as it’s out of stock at the mo, it will be good to be able to put food in it rather than tin cans as the old one isn’t very cold any more.
Painting today, we’re converting a shed into a cabin, so another coat of paint and then we have to buy some flooring and it’s done. If it’s sunny MrOops will refuse to be ‘stuck indoors’.
Our newest Grand Niece is in the country for a few days so we hope to be able to visit them soon. She looks so cute.
Pleased that your DH is home Granmattie I hope you both have a good day.
Hope everyone else has a good day too.

monk08 Thu 19-May-22 07:36:22

Good morning all from the Black country, rain overnight again and still looking very dull outside.
Eldest gs sent home from school with sickness yesterday do hope he isn't as bad as brother who ended up at A&E with it, so many viruses going around at the moment.
Shall introduce myself to duster and vacuum and give the house a treat.
Nice that your DH is home gMattie and enjoy your daughter's visit.
Enjoy your Thursday everyone and may you all find some ?.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 19-May-22 07:36:27

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
So glad your DH is home Grandmattie and that you will have the company of your DD
Yesterday we took a trip to Wetherby which is quite close but it’s years since we’ve been there- a pretty little town. We had a walk by the river.
Today is Sainsburies delivery day. Hope to do a bit of tidying after putting away the shopping.
Have you ever found out the cause of your collapse Mick? Carrying water is probably a good idea to stop you getting dehydrated in the warmer weather.
Have the best day you can folks

ginny Thu 19-May-22 07:37:33

Good morning everyone.
After heavy rain and thunder during the night I’m hoping the dull start to the day will improve.
Various jobs to be done this morning .
This afternoon our Thursday club will be putting together a jubilee flower hanging.
Wishing all a good day.

kittylester Thu 19-May-22 07:37:40

Good morning all from North Leicestershire where drahonfly's sun has disappeared behind the clouds.

This morning I am taking DS1 for his regular botox injection and we have a Sainsbury's delivery this afternoon.

Sending love and support to all with challenges

LauraNorderr Thu 19-May-22 07:38:28

I’m posting this morning on behalf of Gymstagran.
She wanted me to let you know that sadly her precious daughter lost her 3 year long battle with cancer a week ago.
The funeral is today and I’m sure we all feel great sympathy and sadness for Gymstagran, her son in law and the two children aged 11 and 8, so young to lose their dear Mum.

Shelflife Thu 19-May-22 07:45:48

So very sad, my thoughts are with her children and their father.
Thank you all for responding to my first post yesterday.

Gingster Thu 19-May-22 07:46:10

Good morning all and it’s a greyish start here at the Suffolk seaside. We had a bit of rumbling thunder and rain in the night. The blind blew in and knocked over a glass of water and then I couldn’t get back to sleep.?. So tired and achey this morning.

We had a gorgeous walk in the forest yesterday. The rhododendrons were in full bloom and foxgloves just flowering. Bluebells still around. Magical!

Today we’ll have a non working day and go out . Maybe to Dunwich or go the other way to Bawdsey, and catch the little boat over to Old Felixstowe to have fish and chips on the beach.

I hope you all have a good day! ???

monk08 Thu 19-May-22 07:46:35

Gymstagran condolences to you and your family ?

Susan56 Thu 19-May-22 07:53:10

Thank you for letting us know LauraNorderr.

Gymstagran, I am so sorry to hear your brave daughter has lost her battle with cancer.Sending sincere condolences, love and prayers and wishing you and your family strength for today?

Marydoll Thu 19-May-22 07:53:55

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow, at last!!!
Lovely to see so many upbeat posts today.

A pottering day in the garden is planned, the chronic fatigue has reared its ugly head again and is limiting my activities.

Yesterday's visit to the nursery was as expected, not without an incident. The nursery has expanded since lockdown and the variety of plants was amazing. I was so pleased to see this family business thriving once more.
DH was a man on a mission, to get begonias for his hanging baskets. I left him to it, with his large, flat bed trolley. He was obviously very optimistic, judging by the size of it.

I couldn't find him anywhere, after trailing about, so went into their little farm shop for a look. As I went in, I spotted him going out another door. I called, and called, but as usual, he was oblivious. I had to go out and tell him where I was. The next thing, he appeared with a barrow, filled to the brim, with plants. However, I didn't recognise any of the contents. Despite, pointing out that these were not our items, he insisted that they were! I knew they weren't because my beautiful, turquoise, ceramic, half price pot, was nowhere to be seen. ?

Eventually an assistant said to him, Sir, this not your barrow, two elderly gentlemen are frantically searching for their missing items, which they have already paid for !!!
I was absolutely mortified, to say the least and went to find the two gentlemen to apologise. ?????
DH? He couldn't see what all the fuss was about. ?

Wishing you all a gentle day, what ever your plans. I hope you have a worry free outing Mick and you have checked in with your GP, to hopefully avoid another episode.
Baubles, lots of cuddles to look forward to today. When DD was born, DS2 was enraged that this screaming, attention seeking, little person had come into his life. They still rub each other up the wrong way?