Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 21st May 2021

(47 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 21-May-22 05:50:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky at prevent here in brackley this morning.
Plans for the day hopefully go via Buckingham to Bicester on the bus ,and do some catch up with people I have not sen for awhile .
Mind you a warm day , so water in my pocket .
Take Care,
Mick

Beechnut Sat 21-May-22 06:00:48

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s dry and cloudy.

Beechnutella will be coming sometime today. I’ll ask her to help me with putting something in the loft and getting something out. Much easier with the two of us. I think I’ve shrunk as I have to stand on my tippy toes to push the loft ladder up to release it from the catch when getting it down.

Have a good day all whatever you get up to ???

dragonfly46 Sat 21-May-22 06:06:23

Good morning from Leicestershire.

Nordic walking didn’t quite go to plan yesterday as I fell flat on my face and had to have a CT scan on my head in A&E. all clear but I look as if I have gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. I darent go out as I might frighten the children!

Hoping everyone has a good day.

grandMattie Sat 21-May-22 06:09:40

Good morning from an overcast E Kent.
A very belated “Happy Birthday” ? ? to you Ash. Enjoy your cruise.
DH seems to have sailed through the first chemotherapy. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the remaining drugs that. Have to administer including 5 days worth of injections - slightly terrifying.
DD’s visit has been terrific, keeping DH alert, happy and eating (partly the steroids). She’s going home after lunch.
I’m off quite soon to a walk-in booster thingy as it has been strongly recommended that I should have one, although I’m only 74, due to DH being immune-compromised. I hope I don’t have to fight for it…
May today bring you a little flash of joy. Carpe diem. ???☀️?

ginny Sat 21-May-22 06:58:17

Good morning all.
I am early this morning . Not sure why , we have absolutely no plans for the weekend which is very unusual!
We will be spontaneous depending on the weather and hopefully I’ll do some sort of art or craft work.
dragonfly ouch, hope your bruises soon heal.
grandmattiehope you get the booster with out any problems.
Wishing all a good weekend with some smiles along the way.

Greyduster Sat 21-May-22 06:58:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull and damp in South Yorkshire this morning. We had a fair bit of rain overnight which doesn’t bode well for my DS driving an hour and a quarter to come and cut my grass today! To top it off, I have a stinking cold and a sore throat and we are supposed to be going out to lunch! Think I’ll try and put him off coming down.
Glad your DH’s first chemo went well, Grandmattie; onward and upward!
Have the best day you can folks. Hope someone has some sunshine somewhere in the country!

Sar53 Sat 21-May-22 06:58:53

Good morning from France where it's due to be a sunny day again.
Yesterday was very windy.

No plans as yet but I'm sure we will go out at some stage. Another 10 days before we start our journey home. We are having a lovey relaxing time and already making plans to bring the boat over to France next year and motor down the Canal du Midi. Watch this space.

It's good to hear that your DH coped well with the first dose of chemo GM.

Have a super Saturday everyone. Love from France xxx

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 21-May-22 06:59:34

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. Probably a gardening day. We bought some beautiful plants yesterday for our hanging baskets and pots. Our gardener planted up the flower beds and we will do the rest. ??? to GM and Mr GM.

BlueBalou Sat 21-May-22 07:00:23

Good morning everyone, it’s muted skies start here in Wiltshire.
Gosh dragonfly, I hope you’re not too battered ?, falls shake you up don’t they?
Fingers crossed for your DH grandMattie, I hope you all have a good weekend.
Not sure what I’m doing today, nothing planned but my usual DDog walks. I really should do something craft wise I think, perhaps some drawing.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend x

Nannytopsy Sat 21-May-22 07:16:07

Good morning Mick and all his followers, from an occasional visitor.
Come to Suffolk Greyduster, it’s dry and bright.
There are lots of caravans due at the village hall today as the caravan club are here. We are off to Kent to see DD, then the Tunnel to France tomorrow. It’s only a short trip but it 3 years since we went. Sadly, the weather doesn’t look too good.
Hope the weekend is kind to everyone, particularly MrGm.

Grandmadinosaur Sat 21-May-22 07:23:35

Good morning all from east Yorkshire where it is a brighter start then yesterday.

Oh dear Dragonfly that must have shaken you up. Take it easy today.

Good to hear the chemo went as well as it can GM and your DD’s visit has been a success.

Sar I love the sound of your plans for your return visit.

I had a fab night last night at the Abba tribute everyone was really up for it joining in with all the songs.

No plans for today but we will do something with our day.

Take care everyone.

brook2704 Sat 21-May-22 07:32:44

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with some sunshine and clouds
Oh no dragonfly hope your bruises fade soon, thank goodness no more damage done
Today I’m hoping to see DD2 and the DGC sometime, not sure what we’re doing yet though, will decide later when they’re all up
Hope you’re feeling better soon greyduster
Safe journey nannytopsy and enjoy your time away
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Grammaretto Sat 21-May-22 07:46:09

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders, It's not raining but not warm either.
Oh dear, poor Dragonfly that must have been quite a tumble to need a scan. I did that on holiday a few years ago and broke my nose.
Happy travels Nannytopsy and I hope you perk up Greyduster
So glad the chemo was ok gMattie
I am opening my front room and studio to the public today as part of the Spring gala celebrations. 7 local artists will be sharing. It's tomorrow and next weekend too. I shall have to pace myself go back to bed

Grandmabatty Sat 21-May-22 07:48:05

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 11° and looks quite nice out. Some clouds and a bit breezy. Dragonfly that sounds really sore! Nannytopsy enjoy your trip to France. Grandmattie I'm glad your husband had a better than expected day yesterday. Grey duster a summer cold is a horrible thing. Take care.
I enjoyed my coffee and blether with my oldest friend yesterday. She has a lovely house which overlooks the Ochil Hills and the Forth River. It backs onto fields and yesterday the pheasants were jumping about. I pottered about the house later on then disaster struck. I was eating a breaded chicken fillet when it felt extra crunchy. A tooth had partially broken off at the gum! It's not painful but is annoying and I have no chance of getting a dentist today. I'll phone my dentist on Monday but I'm not holding out hope as they haven't been doing check ups at all so emergency appointments must be stretching them. I'm feeling a bit fed up! I'll go to Aldi for food this morning and the usual housework. Dd said she might call in with the boys. Have a good day all.

Pittcity Sat 21-May-22 07:48:05

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Yesterday was a washout until the evening but today is forecast to be dry. Not too warm here at a high of 19°.
Dry weather means laundry as DS has dumped a couple of loads by the machine and expects them clean and dry for his return to work tomorrow night. He makes up for lost sleep at the weekend so won't emerge from his room until lunchtime.
DH is out all weekend doing Duke of Edinburgh award training.
I'll walk to Lidl once the washing is hung out and have a quiet afternoon/evening.
Love to all ? x

cornergran Sat 21-May-22 07:50:07

Morning Mick, Morning All. The sky looks bright over our corner of Somerset, a changeable day forecast

The great shed move happened yesterday, the least said about the difficulty of the process the better. It’s done though and looks good in the new position. Just as well as it’s staying there!

Not sure about today. May drift off on a bus, the question is which one.

Hope that cold clears quickly greyd, mine is just about on its way, the sore throat lingering a bit. Hope the search for a booster goes well grandmattie and your husband continues to cope. Oh heck, dragonfly, please stay upright today. Hope your bus trip goes well mick, the water is an excellent plan.

Take care everyone, hope Saturday is kind to us all.

Gingster Sat 21-May-22 08:00:12

Good morning all and it s bright and sunny here on the Suffolk coast. Yesterday we had lots of rain (hoorah) but it brightened up for a lovely late afternoon and evening.
We had a walk in the forest and got soaked but it was sooo therapeutic. Apparently it’s called ‘Forest Bathing’ . Very good for your health - mental and physical! I’ll send a pic.

Sar your month away is flying by. It sounds so relaxing! ?

GM I’m glad your dh tolerated the chemo ok, and enjoyed his Dd ‘s visit. ❤️.

Nannytopsy enjoy your break away.

Draginfly poor you. Take it easy today. ?.

I hope you all have a super Saturday. ????‍?

GrannySomerset Sat 21-May-22 08:00:48

DD and DSiL arriving later so need to get some meals organised. They are coming in order to take me to a family christening tomorrow which is more than kind of them. The baby is the daughter of DD’s god daughter and great GD of my sole surviving cousin so an important family event and one which I couldn’t get to otherwise.

Good news from gMattie and we hope things continue to go well. Have a good weekend, everyone.

monk08 Sat 21-May-22 08:00:59

Good morning all from a cloudy Black country.
Dragonfly that seems quite a tumble to warrant a scan I hope your bruises don't take to long to fade?
GM glad your DH chemo went well and that your daughter's visit perked him up.
I found some new glasses yesterday so they will be with me next week.
Going over to our friends in Redditch later.
Full English calling so will catch up with everybody's news later.
Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your Saturday and may you all find some ?.

NannyJan53 Sat 21-May-22 08:01:28

Good morning from an overcast Black Country.

The rain held off for our u3a walk yesterday. We started off in Kinver along the canal, through woods, and back to Kinver.

MrJ left at 7.30 today, as he is driving to Meriden for a cycle ride. I will do ironing this morning ready for our trip tomorrow.

Later this afternoon is a family get together for DGD's 11th birthday which was Wednesday, hopefully it will be dry so we can be outside.

Ouch dragonfly that sounds painful. Hope you heal quickly.

Wishing you all a lovely day

BlueSapphire Sat 21-May-22 08:15:06

Good morning everyone from an overcast Northampton, but set to brighten up later; just as well, as I have two loads of washing to do.

For once, I have things to do both days this weekend!
DS messaged last night to invite me out to lunch with them today, as his best friend from university is coming to stay for the first time since pre-pandemic; he is a nice fellow, and adores his 'nieces', my DGDs.
And then tomorrow a friend and I are going to visit a village's open gardens; it's so nice to snoop round other people's gardens and pinch ideas! And there's tea and cake at the end!

Pleased that you both had a good day yesterday grandMattie; long may it continue.

Dragonfly, rest up today and hope your bruises ease soon.

Wishing all a good Saturday.

Urmstongran Sat 21-May-22 08:16:36

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s warm with white cloud and highs of 19°C forecast. Hmm. As my mother used to say “but does the weather know?” Ha!

I’m taking L’il Miss to her ballet class as her mum has a mani pedi appointment at the salon (getting ready for Ibiza!). Later we are picking my stepfather up and going over to theirs for a small family catch up - it will be nice for him to see the children before the airport next weekend!

Ooh dragonfly poor you. My goodness what a shock! I bet it’s shaken you up, never mind the bruises, you’ll have lost confidence the next few days. I hope you feel better soon. Great news grandMattie. The good session will have given your husband a boost mentally now he knows what to expect.

Enjoy Saturday all who can. We have bacon & egg on toast - a weekly treat. x

Marydoll Sat 21-May-22 08:17:25

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, with more rain predicted.

Dragonfly, what a fright you must have had. Resting today, doctor's orders and I hope you are not too shaken up.

Glad to hear the chemo went well, GM. Hopefully the injections won't be too difficult to administer. Initially, I was apprehensiveabout injecting my weekly biologics, rather than have monthly infusionsin hospital, but as they are prefilled, I do it literally in seconds now. I hope its the same for your DH.

Beechnut, I'm hoping my DD will go up the loft for me today too, Mr MD makes such a fuss if you ask him! However, my summer clothes are still up there, not that I will get much wear out of them, if this weather continues and I need to put stuff up there to create even more room for DD.

This is the official DD day ( daughter , decamping day)
I came back from the supermarket yesterday, to see their car, but when I got inside, the house was very quiet. I found both of them fast asleep in the conservatory, the poor things were exhausted after the wedding activities, the previous day. ?

I am a creature of habit: I look forward to putting on the kettle, emptying the bags and sitting down in the conservatory (my sanctuary) with a cuppa, some chocolate and quiet time, to recover my flagging energy. I am easily pleased, with low expectations of life, but I wasn't yesterday ?
Should I consider starting an AIBU thread about being annoyed with squatters taking over my peaceful place? ??

At last we got our house alarm sorted yesterday. Our back garden has a field behind it and it is quiet vulnerable. I tried for three weeks to get the installers to come out, but they kept not turning up and consequently wasting our time. ?
Dollie's best friend's gran works for an alarm company, so I phoned them on Wednesday, they assessed on Thursday and the whole system updated and serviced yesterday. That is indeed excellent service.

I am going to get up, before anarchy and chaos descends on our humble abode. DDD (diva, darling daughter) and I are polar opposites, I like order and a tidy house, she never ( like her father) puts anything back in the right place. It drives me to distraction and I fear it is going to be very bumpy ride! ?

Thinking of all who are poorly and wishing you all a gentle or exciting day, whatever your plans are.

Urmstongran Sat 21-May-22 08:21:48

Your holiday sounds wonderful Sar53! Did you check that book out I recommended for your husband?

dragonfly46 Sat 21-May-22 08:24:41

Thank you for all your good wishes I only have one eye closed thankfully but I was telling them at the hospital that this keeping fit malarkey is over-rated.

Marydoll I feel your patience will be tested over the next few weeks but feel free to moan on here. I find my AC live in a different time warp to me.