Gransnet forums

Chat

Ena Sharpels- HAIR NET !

(41 Posts)
Serendipity22 Sat 28-May-22 10:23:14

Yesterday I dragged my heels in the hairdressers and walked out feeling a million dollars, floating on cloud 9. grin

So i thought drastic measures were in order....
ENA SHARPELS IMPERSONATION.... Yep a hair net to keep the curls in their rightful place.

Sooooo, who else takes drastic measures with ANYTHING?? hmmhmm

FannyCornforth Sat 28-May-22 10:25:53

Wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous ?

Grandmabatty Sat 28-May-22 10:32:19

Your hair is stunning! Not an Ena Sharples hairnet but big foam curlers?

Hiraeth Sat 28-May-22 10:32:46

Trying to keep my shoulders held back as I noticed in the mirror that I’m getting hunched ?
And wearing “ Lippy” all the time as I look like death without it !

FannyCornforth Sat 28-May-22 10:33:15

Yes! What did they do to it? Which hair products did they use?

FannyCornforth Sat 28-May-22 10:36:10

In the 90’s my friend had very elaborate extensions and wore a pillowcase at night, a la Marge Simpson

Hiraeth Sat 28-May-22 10:37:57

Beautiful hair . And beautiful colour

Serendipity22 Sat 28-May-22 10:45:46

FannyCornforth

In the 90’s my friend had very elaborate extensions and wore a pillowcase at night, a la Marge Simpson

Hahahahahahahaha hillarious

Serendipity22 Sat 28-May-22 10:47:14

The hairdresser used straighteners and kind of wound the hair round while turning the straighteners.....

Sorry only way I can explain ....

Serendipity22 Sat 28-May-22 10:49:00

It will be on YouTube........ smile x

Chrissielou Sat 28-May-22 10:50:00

Lovely colour!

FannyCornforth Sat 28-May-22 10:50:08

Oh, yes, I’ve had it done at the hairdresser too.
It’s impossible to do it yourself though!

Serendipity22 Sat 28-May-22 11:02:17

FannyCornforth

Yes! What did they do to it? Which hair products did they use?

I had roots dyed and then just washed, conditioner and then the magic began .... straighteners... smile

FannyCornforth Sat 28-May-22 11:14:39

I dye my hair that colour too.
It’s in desperate need of a colour, I’ve got about three inches of salt and pepper; but I can’t bend over the bath to rinse it out.
My hair is naturally curly, which I love. It’s only been this way the past few years.
It forms beautiful ringlets just after I’ve washed it; and then it’s down hill all the way! It’s usually ball of frizz stuck in a scrunchy.
I don’t use any heat on it at all.

FannyCornforth Sat 28-May-22 11:15:37

Were you going out Serendipity? I’d be desperate to show it off!

Serendipity22 Sat 28-May-22 11:16:55

FannyCornforth

I dye my hair that colour too.
It’s in desperate need of a colour, I’ve got about three inches of salt and pepper; but I can’t bend over the bath to rinse it out.
My hair is naturally curly, which I love. It’s only been this way the past few years.
It forms beautiful ringlets just after I’ve washed it; and then it’s down hill all the way! It’s usually ball of frizz stuck in a scrunchy.
I don’t use any heat on it at all.

Sounds fabulous ( not the frizz shock)

FannyCornforth Sat 28-May-22 11:30:57

Thank you! It’s fabulous for a few hours a week; and for the rest of the time it’s distinctly average or a damn mess!
I was told yesterday that prior to my THR, I’ve got to wash it with Hibiscrub! It’s not going to like that at all
I’m not sure if Hibiscrub is ‘Curly Girl Compliant’! shock

shysal Sat 28-May-22 11:56:35

Your hair looks fabulous! My wavy hair used to have chestnut highlights naturally, but no hint now as it is beginning to turn gradually to 'pepper and salt' at 76.
I few years ago I added some red streaks, which I liked, perhaps I should try some again!

Kate1949 Sat 28-May-22 12:10:51

What fabulous hair. You are very lucky Serendipity. Appreciate your hair.

AreWeThereYet Sat 28-May-22 14:45:41

I used to resort to a hair net too Serendipity ? Now I use a bonnet with my curls scrunched up on the top of my head. Sadly the bonnet is too big and falls over my eyes so I clip the top up with a hair clip thing. Mr A says I look like a gnome when I go to bed.

AreWeThereYet Sat 28-May-22 14:46:20

Forgot to say - your hair looks lovely

Callistemon21 Sat 28-May-22 14:58:00

I have trouble stopping mine ending up like a haystack overnight and the hairdresser suggested a hair net.
But I've yet to try it!

Auntieflo Sat 28-May-22 15:05:43

Fabulous hair Serendipity22.

You know the Bed Head products? Well I have Bed Hair every morning, and I don't even use the products ?

JackyB Sat 28-May-22 15:43:59

Mine is grey and wispy so no drastic measures would get me anywhere.

Serendipity22 Sat 28-May-22 15:45:19

AreWeThereYet

I used to resort to a hair net too Serendipity ? Now I use a bonnet with my curls scrunched up on the top of my head. Sadly the bonnet is too big and falls over my eyes so I clip the top up with a hair clip thing. Mr A says I look like a gnome when I go to bed.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa... awwww x