Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 29/May 2022

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 29-May-22 05:54:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright but cloudy , but also cool start here in brackley .
Yesterday , I decided to stay at home , and watch the cycling, this morning apart from getting my lunch , I will also watch the final days stage in the Tour of Italy .
Mind you , the forthcoming week will be interesting ,as I have a mixed bag of things to do .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 29-May-22 06:17:37

Good morning from a cloudy, bright E Kent.
Sorry about yesterday, it was almost the last straw.
After discharge from hospital on Thursday, DH seemed to be doing so well. Ha! He was progressively more tired and quiet through the day, didn’t eat and was sick through the evening and night.
I called various agencies, most of whom were very kind but didn’t/couldn’t/wouldn’t help. I gave DH the antiemetic the hospice had said I shouldn’t, it seemed to help as did an injection by the district nurse.
The hospice called in response to an email, and suggested admission. I told DH that it was his choice - either he stopped being sick and drank more, or he was admitted! He did both.
By the evening, he had watched a full rugby game, eaten both lunch and dinner and kept them down, early bed but, goodness, what a difference from the previous day!
I would like to thank you all very much for all your kindness, support and messages. They really gave me strength to carryon fighting when, quite frankly, I had reached the end of my tether.
I hope all with difficulties have an easy day, the rest enjoy the ☀️ Carpe diem, dear friends. ??????

monk08 Sun 29-May-22 06:21:52

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a cloudy Black country.
Early start today DH has a fishing contest, so I have an empty, yet to decide what the day will bring me.
Urms enjoy your time with family and safe travels.
Hope GM had a better day and night and managed to get some rest and her DH is more settled.
Will catch up later enjoy your Sunday everyone and may you all find some ?.

BlueBalou Sun 29-May-22 06:27:21

Good morning from a beautiful sunny village by the sea ??
It’s so nice to be back here, the sea is like a millpond and it’s very peaceful.
Oh crikey grandMattie, I wish I could think of something useful to say or do to help, I do know just how frustrating and exhausting it is. No wonder you felt so completely frayed at the edges ?, it’s relentless isn’t it?
I can hear the two DGCs chatting away to DH, I’m staying put in bed with my coffee ?
They’re off osprey watching later, DDog and I will loll around in the garden I think!
I hope you all have a peaceful day x

Marydoll Sun 29-May-22 06:32:43

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow. Glad to hear you both had a better day GM.
Safe travel to all who are either coming or going on holiday.

I'm off to bed for a couple of hours, I have coughed non stop all night, wheezing for Scotland, so much so that I was sick and had a nosebleed.
For the first time in a while, I also needed my heart spray.
I was feeling mighty sorry for myself at 3am, but everything always looks better in the morning, when the sun is shining and after a much needed cuppa!

Specials thoughts with Baubles for a speedy recovery and Susan, I hope there is an improvement with your mother's situation.

Sar53 Sun 29-May-22 06:34:54

Good morning from our last day in Bram. It is forecast to be sunny and hot.
Yesterday everyone joined in a BBQ during the evening, then some of us watched the football. DH was very disappointed that his team lost.
We are going out for coffee first thing, then a last sit in the sun with my Kindle before packing the mountains of clothes that we have never worn.
I'm pleased to hear that things are a little better for GM, I hope today is a better one for your DH.
Enjoy Sunday everyone, love from France xxx

grandMattie Sun 29-May-22 06:38:55

Marydoll, I’m so sorry that you’re feeling rubbish. I hope you manage some sleep/rest to restore you a little. ❤️

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 29-May-22 06:47:19

Good morning from a wet Oxfordshire, I needn’t have watered the vegetable garden last night!
Anyway caning finished, just some furniture to paint when it’s a bit warmer and I can do it outside.
The Oopsies will be driving up tonight for a few days, the last time I saw them they scooted off home as one of them tested Positive for Covid. Hopefully this time they can stay for a few days, although they are bringing Revision notes with them as it’s in the middle of the the dreaded A levels. So just cake baking today beforethey arrive, they might be getting older but they love their fairy cakes.
GM if only life’s troubles were dealt with by having a strong word with someone! I hope you and your poor DH have a better day.?
Marydoll get well soon?
Have a good day and hope the sun shines.
I’ll try to get a before and after pic of the cabin MrOops worked so hard turning from a dirt floor shed to a usable space.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 29-May-22 06:48:10

Cabin not caning
One more pic

Greyduster Sun 29-May-22 06:50:03

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun has got his hat on in South Yorkshire. DS and DiL are coming down for lunch so I have to get cracking early today. I frittered yesterday afternoon away potting up seedlings that I eventually have to find space for, but it was very therapeutic and absorbing. I looked at the clock through the conservatory window thinking it was twenty five past three and it was quarter past five!
GM I’m so pleased that you all had a better day yesterday. Long may it continue.
Marydoll please rest look after yourself?
Have the best day you can folks.

Urmstongran Sun 29-May-22 06:56:33

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry and the sun is trying to shine. Well - you’re leaving Europe Sar53 and we’re all on our way there this afternoon! I have some trepidation though regards the horrendous queues at Manchester airport being shown on TV ...
?

The Boy Wonder and L’il Miss were giddy kippers at bedtime apparently!

Himself is just tying two good sized Union Jacks in a ✖️ to our verandah railings with zip ties. I bought them from Thornton’s yesterday afternoon. Typical man, he said ‘what on earth do we need these for - we’ll be away?’. I told him it’s called town centre living and they’ll look cheerful and celebratory - especially as we are opposite the train station. Men eh?
?

Scentia Sun 29-May-22 07:14:16

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where I am hoping we get a good day.
I am off walking today with DD and DGC. DGS who is now three will easily walk 5 miles over hills and mountains. My children were the same they could stay on their feet for hours if they were outdoors. We have a little shoulder carrier for DGD and I bet DD claims pregnancy will stop her from having it on and I will be wearing it?
Yesterday we took the children to a local soft play, which is huge and DGS had the mother of all tantrums when it was time to leave, this must be a new thing since becoming three!! DD marched out with him under her arm without her shoes on and I dustily followed behind with the pushchair and many pairs of shoes.?
Have the best day you can folks and take care of yourself GM ❤️

ginny Sun 29-May-22 07:15:31

Good morning all.
I can hear smallest Grandson , he has been up a while so will go and join whoever is up with him.
This holiday home is wonderful, big, comfy and beautiful views.
Planning a short trip out, possibly to the honey farm.

Hope you all find some sunshine and smiles today.

Scentia Sun 29-May-22 07:18:07

I dutily followed, I was not dusty in any way!!

mumofmadboys Sun 29-May-22 07:20:43

Good morning all! Sunny here in Cumbria. Hope your DH has a better day GMattie and you can get some rest. Hope you soon feel a bit brighter too Mdoll and also get some sleep. Jobs at home for me today- washing and ironing and planting some bedding plants which were bought about 3 weeks ago!! We took our UA family on the lake in a rowing boat yesterday and had a lovely time. The 4 year old had a little go ( with help) at rowing!

Urmstongran Sun 29-May-22 07:28:50

Yay! Well done that man. ?

Gingster Sun 29-May-22 07:37:44

Good morning all and it’s a bit dreary today.

We had a lovely bar b q at DS1’s yesterday late afternoon and the sun disappeared as soon as we arrived. We sat out but boy did it get chilly so had puds indoors. Thoroughly enjoyed it though!

Today we are having coffee at db1’s this morning. We will have a wander around their huge garden and orchard, - he said ‘do come over, we love to show off’ ??.

Urms safe journey and I hope the airport isn’t too manic. ?. Have a lovely holiday with your family. ❤️.

Sar - enjoy your last day, the month has gone so quickly.

GM so pleased you had a much better day.

Scentia I didn’t know your Dd was expecting again. Lovely news! Enjoy your walk.

OOPS - I love your cabin . I can see you’ll have many happy, peaceful hours there. ?.

Hoping you all have a good day. ?

kittylester Sun 29-May-22 07:47:11

Good morning from a fairly bright North Leicestershire.

Exciting day today. Most of the family are off to Wembley to watch Nottingham Forest hopefully win promotion to the Premiership.

I am staying home with DD3's children - much more my thing. We will watch on TV.

Sending love and support to all who need them.

dragonfly46 Sun 29-May-22 07:49:20

Good morning it is sunny at the moment in Leicestershire but expecting rain.
Not much happening here today - I seem to have lost all confidence since my fall.

Pleased you had a better day yesterday Mattie and sorry to hear you are struggling Marydoll.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday Urms.
Scentia I remember when my DC reached 3 congratulating myself that I had emerged from the terrible twos unscathed only to find the threes were so much worse!

Wishing everyone a good day.

Pittcity Sun 29-May-22 07:52:46

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The forecast is for rain later and only reaching 14°.
We had a lovely family BBQ yesterday. Today is a walk to Lidl to buy meat and veg for a Sunday roast. A quiet Sunday.
Love to all ? x

Jaxjacky Sun 29-May-22 07:56:00

Good morning from an overcast, cooler S Hants.
You have no need to apologise gMattie ?
Safe journey Urms ?for a swift passage through the airport.
Clever MrOoops.?
Enjoy your last day of sunshine Sar your French stay has been lovely to follow.
Busy day yesterday, trying out bowls with MrJ, then DS with family for a late lunch. A quieter one planned today.
Enjoy yours ??

Grandmabatty Sun 29-May-22 07:56:30

Good morning all from Polmont where it's 8° and another start of blue skies. It's so lovely to wake up to. Grandmattie a better day for you eventually. Marydoll definitely rest. A couple of hours sleep will help. Oops a lovely cabin. I have a similar smaller version in my garden too. But unpainted. Do you hire out MrOops? Urms safe journey and have a lovely holiday with your family.
Yesterday was all go! I worked inside and out. I just kept going. So today will be gentler. I think dd and the boys are coming round. Dgs1 likes to inspect the plants to see how they are growing. He's disappointed so far that there's no sign of actual tomatoes or strawberries! I intend to make toad in the hole with cabbage, caramelised onion and mash for dinner. Have a good day all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 29-May-22 07:59:55

The view from our holiday cottage near Cardigan. The journey from Oxfordshire took seven hours. Nightmare. It is our 46th Wedding Anniversary today and we are having lunch in a restaurant overlooking our he sea.

Urmstongran Sun 29-May-22 08:01:44

Just had a text from our daughter. Apparently L’il Miss woke up this morning making aeroplane noises!
??

Grammaretto Sun 29-May-22 08:03:58

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Less windy but cool here today. I've come back to bed with a large cuppa.
Busy day ahead. Open studios with some hands-on pottery this afternoon and a concert for the Queen's Jubilee this evening. It's at the church where I have had a stone carved for DH, as he wanted.
I am pleased you coped so well yesterday gMattie . Wishing you well today.
Sorry you had a hard time Marydoll sending hugs.
Safe travels Urms and family and to all who are holidaying or celebrating today - enjoy!smile.