Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 28th June 2022

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 28-Jun-22 05:55:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its clear sky sunny start here in brackley this morning .
Today , I hope top get the bus to Bicester to do my usual there ,and then return home later .
I might get some B12 and Iron supplements to see if they help .
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Tue 28-Jun-22 06:12:18

Good morning from a fine but cloudy Torbay.

Now home after a couple of days catching up on essential maintenance at Whiddon Down. Between showers on Saturday, I cleaned off the verdigris from the window frames. I was upset to find a chip in one window, almost resembling a bullet hole! The lovely on site manager assured me it was most likely caused by a stone flicked up by a strimmer weirded by one of the groundsmen so the company would fund a replacement!

On Sunday, the sun and wind provided perfect drying conditions for the balustrade on the decking which I treated with teak oil. In the morning, I discovered a bottle of rosé lurking in the back of a cupboard so a couple of glasses of that were my reward with dinner!

Now rehearsals for ‘Allo, ‘Allo are in full swing, my evenings are busy but enjoyable. I’m back in the theatre this morning to help to sort out props for a forthcoming production of The Mikado, for which our premises are being hired by the local G & S society. We’ve agreed to have a picnic lunch as we shall need to be there for a while.

Thinking of grandMattie, Chrissielou, Kalu, Kitty, Marydoll and others going through tough times of any kind. Welcome, Drawinggran! ?????

Ashcombe Tue 28-Jun-22 06:13:02

weirded = wielded!!

Grandmadinosaur Tue 28-Jun-22 06:43:23

Good morning all from East Yorkshire where it is a beautiful sunny start to the day.

I am missing my usual coffee morning as I am off to London for an overnight stay. DH was due to go for a business meeting but it got cancelled a couple of days ago. However he had already booked a hotel and the train. Rather than them going to waste he decided to go anyway and I am joining him as a last minute decision. Now if only I had tickets for Wimbledon! I thought we would have the afternoon together but last minute he got another meeting booked in so time to myself after all. Then a theatre trip this evening.
Enjoy your time in Devon Brook
Thoughts to all the Grans with illness themselves,DH and DDs ?.

Take care.

Chrissielou Tue 28-Jun-22 06:43:27

Awake early, a lovely sunny morning. I joined DH in the sick room and tested positive for covid last night. Really, you couldn't make it up, first day of our hols!
DD1 did have her chemo yesterday, but I'm upset that we won't be able to have contact with her for some time. I need to cancel a much needed hair appointment for this week too.
Nevermind, people are suffering far worse. I hope GrandMattie had a better day and Kittylester's DD is recovering.

Grandmadinosaur Tue 28-Jun-22 06:49:09

Oh Chrisselou what awful luck. I am so sorry. Hope you don’t suffer too much with it.

kittylester Tue 28-Jun-22 06:51:00

Morning all from a bright and sunny North Leicestershire.

Singing lesson for me then a visit to one of my brothers as he is 70 today.

DD1 seems OK at the moment. Hope the same can be said for yours Chrissie and that you and your husband don't feel too bad.

Sending love to everyone with troubles of any sort.

glammagran Tue 28-Jun-22 06:53:04

Good morning to you all.

I don’t often post on this thread as I tend to catch up much later on in the day with GN news. I’ve been awake since 4am for the 2nd day running so will be very tired later on.

We are having Karndean floor installed in our sitting room. The underflooring went in yesterday. We spent the evening sprawled out on my bed as the rooms downstairs are full of all the moved furniture. Today I have the 14 month old GS for 6 hours. We will keep him upstairs here with his toys and I will take him out this morning. I felt I had no choice but to have him today as I didn’t want to let DD down. We are away for most of August and I don’t want her to have to take days off work unnecessarily.

I believe one or 2 of you are taking a cruise in August. I do recall BlueSaphire being one. Was your commissioned piece of art the church in Quemerford, Cherhill or Heddington? We are trying out the Saga cruise of 22 days from Southampton. Everything seemed fine when we booked in April but now Covid cases seem to be rising again. I daresay we will need to self isolate for a few days beforehand or we won’t be allowed to board. I hope we can stop at all the ports along the way. Is anyone else on this one? It will be our first holiday since March 2019.

I am so sorry that quite a few people are unwell or their partners or children are. I hope Baubles and Marydoll are feeling much better. I simply don’t know where GrandMattie finds the strength to face each day with so many obstacles in her way and I’m full of admiration.

Thinking of all those with illness and worries. ?

Urmstongran Tue 28-Jun-22 07:05:34

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we have a glorious start to the day. ? to our Crumpet Queen - it was wonderful chatting together the other day.

I’m meeting four retirees from our book club for lunch at a newish tea shop here in Urmston. I’ve not been before and apparently all the cake and scones are home made. I shall just have a small breakfast then ... ?

Enjoy Tuesday all who can. 5 weeks today we fly out to Malaga but who’s counting?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 28-Jun-22 07:11:45

Morning all

Blue sky here in S E Essex. I managed to get a face-to-face appointment with a GP yesterday, very kind and understanding I am now in an extended course of reducing steroids takes me through to end of August.

glammagran we are off on a cruise in July (our first) whilst I am looking forward to it I am slightly nervous as I am not good on the sea.

We have The Imp today, GrandpaGravy will be doing the playing I shall do nap time with him on the sofa.

Thinking of kitty & Chrissie’s DDs and sending (((hugs))) to all in need.

Keep safe and well folks ??‍♀️

monk08 Tue 28-Jun-22 07:14:34

Good morning all from the Black country where the sun is trying to shine.
Well I made a start on downsizing my wardrobe yesterday, I have 1 bag to drop off at the charity shop today more will follow. Could not believe I had 37 jackets and coats and I haven't looked in the other bedroom yet think that will be a job for another day.
Chrisselou not a good start to your holiday hope it's only mild for both of you.
Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your Tuesday everyone and may you all find some ?.

brook2704 Tue 28-Jun-22 07:14:52

Good morning everyone from Plymouth where we arrived yesterday evening after travelling down from Inverness - just one hour delay so not too bad. We’re planning on getting wet whilst walking today - waterproofs on and coats on!
What rotten luck chrissie at the beginning of your well deserved hols - hope you can still enjoy doing something together and hope your DD is feeling as best that she can
Thinking of your DD too kitty
Such a good idea grandmadinosaur enjoy your time in London
This chat about cruises has got me thinking about our next adventure ..
Take care all whatever the day brings ?

Pittcity Tue 28-Jun-22 07:18:22

Good morning from sunny Colchester. DH is humming Men of Harlech, he's obviously in a good mood.
Tuesday is charity shop volunteering day and then home to watch ?
Love to all ? x

grandMattie Tue 28-Jun-22 07:29:58

A very late (for me) good morning from a glorious E Kent.
Lots of things have been happening. DD arrived at lunchtime yesterday, I rushed off for a sleep having had barely 3 hours the night before. Managed about 20 minutes before interruptions and telephone calls ?…
DH is deteriorating very fast and needs more support, mostly for me to be able to sleep some. I’m able bodied but need some rest. I can do most of the caring stuff, but must have my sleep.
DD has an interview this afternoon and tomorrow; I hope she isn’t too distracted by her darling daddy’s condition.
All the best to everyone, especially the unwell.
Carpe diem. ????❤️❤️

dragonfly46 Tue 28-Jun-22 07:30:14

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

That really is rotten luck Chrissie. I missed my DGS’s 4th birthday when I got Covid. I hope you recover quickly.
I believe cases are on the rise again.

No * Mattie* this morning - thinking of you.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 28-Jun-22 07:30:42

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I can see sunshine through my bedroom curtains. I think I will make a batch of lemon ice cream today. Elder son and his family are coming after school on Friday and staying over. It’s their favourite ice cream that I make. I am leading a talk on Psalm 139 on Thursday so need to prepare that. Finally I am going to Vienna for a few days next week with my daughter. I’m not sure what the covid rules are now so need to find out. Also, because OH can’t do much in the morning because of his various medication, I must book a taxi to take me to the airport bus station in Oxford. At least he can pick me up when I get back. ??? to so many of you who are suffering.

dragonfly46 Tue 28-Jun-22 07:31:51

Crossed posts Mattie. Pleased you have your DD there.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 28-Jun-22 07:32:42

GM ???

Marydoll Tue 28-Jun-22 07:33:37

Good morning all from a miserable Glasgow, it's bucketing down here. Glad I am confined to barracks.
Mick, my advice would be wait until you see your doctor, before self medicating. It's only two days until your appointment and you don't want to skew any tests.

Chrissielou, such a shame, when your daughter is so unwell. Kitty, I hope your DD is making progress too.

I have a telephone appointment with my GP today, to check on my progress and set in motion the scans that I need, to get to the bottom of things. Yet another clinic to add to the ever growing list. Heaven knows how long it will take for an appointment to come through.
Thank goodness, my pain levels have gone down somewhat, it was worse than childbirth, but I'm still feeling very out of sorts, having lost my sense of taste into the bargain. ?!

Thank you for your kind wishes for Mr Mdoll's birthday. He had a gentle, but pleasant day, thankfully testing negative for Covid.
Despite feeling rubbish, I decided to make him Chelsea buns, his all time favourite treat, (feeling guilty that I had spoiled his birthday, by being unwell yet again). I forgot to halve the quantities, (addled brain), he will be eating them, until his next birthday. SIL is also delighted!
However, the ungrateful wretch only awarded me a score of 8/10, as they were not spicy enough, despite a whole jar of mixed spice being used. ? This is a game we have played for forty five years, I am still on probation and fear I will never reach the elusive 10/10. ?

Ash, DH and I were newly married, when we saw Allo, allo in the King's in Glasgow. We were talking about it the other day and how much we enjoyed it. I hope the rehearsals go well.
DD, DIL and I were supposed to be going to see Cluedo next week in the Theatre Royal, I don't think I will make it.?

As always, my good wishes and prayers for Baubles, the Kalus the GMs and any poorly folk, I may have missed.
For those going on holiday, have a great time. Enjoy your day everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 28-Jun-22 07:37:07

37 jackets and coats ... monk ‼️ ??
You could open your own shop! I just counted the summer hangers in my wardrobe. 17 in entirety. ?

Marydoll Tue 28-Jun-22 07:39:07

monk, you are in good company. ?

ShazzaKanazza Tue 28-Jun-22 07:40:36

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a bright dry Hull.
Today I’m picking up mum and taking her back to her caravan. She’ll have a lovely two weeks there watching Wimbledon and walking the dog. Going to my uncle and taking his shopping over. I take enough fresh food to last him a fortnight but he eats it all in one go aah well once it’s gone it’s gone is my mantra. Hoping he’ll be in a good mood.

Grandmadinosaur have a lovely time in London. Enjoy your free couple of hours and your show tonight.
Chrissielou sorry you have covid. Hope you both sail through it swiftly.
Kitty hope your brother enjoys his 70th birthday ?
brook enjoy your walking holiday.
Hoping grandMattie and Marydoll are ok.

Take care everyone and enjoy your day if you can. Thinking of those with worries and stress. ??

ShazzaKanazza Tue 28-Jun-22 07:45:33

Marydoll and grandMattie our posts crossed.
?? for you both.

Greyduster Tue 28-Jun-22 07:50:53

Good morning Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining at the moment in South Yorkshire but it feels a bit cooler. We had a lot of rain yesterday morning which hopefully will have filled up the water butt again. I ran out of milk this morning, so black coffee?! I seem to have got out of the habit of regular shopping - DH would never have let that happen. I shall have to up my game! Laundry today and I may cut the front lawn later if it stays dry.
For GM, and all who are struggling??.
Have the best day you can folks.

Greyduster Tue 28-Jun-22 07:53:30

It’ll be a shame if you miss ‘Cluedo’, Marydoll. We saw it recently and I can’t remember when I laughed so much - it was the funniest thing I’ve seen in ages!