Gransnet forums

Chat

Not sure if I can have another covid Jab

(6 Posts)
Secretsquirrel1 Sat 02-Jul-22 20:27:38

After my last covid jab , which was Moderna,
I came up in a very impressive red rash all over my chest and tummy.
It appeared within a couple of hours, at least that’s when I realised I had it.
It was like red welts and lasted about 2,days or so.
I had a very similar rash after a scan with contrast.

I’ve not been able to get through to my GP to ask if this counts as an allergy and if rules me out of getting my booster. And the clinic doesn’t allow you to speak to anyone before booking or tell you which vaccine they’d be administering.

Anyone had a rash like this after their vaccination? And would it count as an allergy ?

Thoro Sat 02-Jul-22 20:37:34

I would certainly want to speak to my gp before another booster. Took my husband for his booster last week and he had Moderna for the first time but the were also giving other makes depending on what you had already had.

Casdon Sat 02-Jul-22 21:39:46

Didn’t you report it and see a doctor immediately as you are meant to do when you have a reaction to a Covid vaccine? That’s the only way a doctor would know if it was an allergic reaction or not, they wouldn’t be able to do it retrospectively?

Sago Sat 02-Jul-22 23:39:55

Please get proper medical advice.
Our SIL had two blood clots after the Moderna vaccine.
His immunity is totally shot he ended up with sepsis too.
After extensive private tests he has been told no more Covid vaccines.

LOUISA1523 Sun 03-Jul-22 00:50:57

Book in...then ask on the day which vaccine...cancel if its not the one you want ...I did this....I've had 4...I made sure they were all pfizer

Secretsquirrel1 Sun 03-Jul-22 09:18:32

Casdon

Didn’t you report it and see a doctor immediately as you are meant to do when you have a reaction to a Covid vaccine? That’s the only way a doctor would know if it was an allergic reaction or not, they wouldn’t be able to do it retrospectively?

You say that as though it’s easily achieved lol I did have several attempts to get through to my GP. I Was on the phone for about snd hour and a half only to be told to call back and try the same again the next as no appointments available.
I did that several more times before giving up trying to speak to a doctor.
I spoke to the pharmacist who said it looked ‘ dodgy ‘ and suggested I spoke to my GP ?