Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 4th July 2022

(116 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 04-Jul-22 05:52:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright start with some cloud here in brackley this morning.
Today , I am tempted to visit the cemetery,and put fresh flowers on the graves.
I looked at flower prices last week and they have jumped .
I also need to make an appointment at the JR in Oxford .
Cycling rest day transfer from Denmark to France.
Take care,
Mick

BlueBalou Mon 04-Jul-22 05:58:24

Good morning Mick, it’s a lovely sunny start here in rural Wiltshire. I hope you’re enjoying the TdF, I half-watched the highlights yesterday evening but I prefer watching the mountain stages.
Charity shop run this morning, dropping DH and DDog off en route so they can do a walk then taking two bags of yarn to a friend- my decluttering continues! Honestly it’s embarrassing how much ‘stuff’ I have accumulated over the years.
Hope you have a lovely day everyone x

grandMattie Mon 04-Jul-22 06:05:17

Good morning from a beautiful day in E Kent.
My old friend and lover of 45 years, DH slipped away peacefully during the night. DD and DS had sat with him, I had taken over the vigil, when within three or four breaths, he was gone
Many thanks for all your continuing support, candles and love over the last difficult months. ❤️❤️❤️??

NotAGran55 Mon 04-Jul-22 06:19:58

Rest in peace Mr grandMattie, safe in His loving arms. My prayers and thoughts are with you GM and your family.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 04-Jul-22 06:23:43

RIP Mr GM and ???to GM and your family.

fatgran57 Mon 04-Jul-22 06:24:13

grandMattie my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Hiraeth Mon 04-Jul-22 06:29:08

A huge comfort for you and your DH to be with him . May you find comfort in your memories of a good life with your husband

farview Mon 04-Jul-22 06:31:10

grandmattie sending love ,hugs and prayers to you and your family...together at the end..beautiful ??

Esspee Mon 04-Jul-22 06:31:52

grandMattie. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. ?

NanKate Mon 04-Jul-22 06:40:26

So sad for you and your family grandMattie. I have so admired the brave way you have faced you DH’s slow decline. I have such admiration for you. ??

Marydoll Mon 04-Jul-22 06:43:27

Dear Grandmattie, sending my deepest sympathy to you and your family. Wishing you courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to hold in your heart forever.
Your love and care for your husband was an inspiration to all on here, who followed your journey, my your beloved husband rest in peace. ?

TopsyIrene06 Mon 04-Jul-22 06:46:48

Deep sympathy for you and your family.

Ashcombe Mon 04-Jul-22 06:47:43

Sincere condolences to you, dear grandMattie and all your family. Now your darling husband is at peace after pain. You have been a tower of strength and an example to us all over many months. God bless. ?✝️?

Grammaretto Mon 04-Jul-22 06:48:26

grandMattie My thoughts are with you. I am so glad that your family are together to support eachother. flowers

EkwaNimitee Mon 04-Jul-22 06:56:18

grandMattie I’m so sorry your dear husband has finally left you all. I’m another who has admired your loving care and courage over the recent months. Always in my thoughts in the sad days ahead.

Jaxjacky Mon 04-Jul-22 06:57:13

My condolences to you all grandMattie RIP ?.

Joane123 Mon 04-Jul-22 07:01:27

I am so sorry to read your news grandMattie. May your DH RIP and you find comfort in your memories of your life together.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 04-Jul-22 07:04:11

Dearest grandMattie I will hold you and your family in my prayers.
Your hearts are broken, your lives a little bit emptier this morning, but your memories of love, laughter and lighter times will sustain you in the difficult days to come ??????

kittylester Mon 04-Jul-22 07:04:28

Condolences from me too Mattie. flowers

brook2704 Mon 04-Jul-22 07:05:48

grandMattie sending my deepest condolences on the very sad loss of your dear husband ?

TillyTrotter Mon 04-Jul-22 07:10:51

Deepest sympathy to you Grandmattie and your family.
Together until the end, you have been your beloved man’s rock. RIP MrGM. ?

SunshineSally Mon 04-Jul-22 07:12:16

Dear grandMattie - thinking of you all at this sad time and sending heartfelt hugs. Please know that we are all here for you ??xx

Grandmabatty Mon 04-Jul-22 07:12:45

My heartfelt condolences to you all this morning Grandmattie.

Pantglas2 Mon 04-Jul-22 07:16:03

Just a few words for grandMattie and family this morning…so glad you were present for his passing and hope your lovely, funny memories over those long years together sustain you over the busy days ahead ?

Chrissielou Mon 04-Jul-22 07:19:51

My sincere condolences to you and you family grandMattie. Your beloved DH will stay in your heart always.