Gransnet forums

Chat

Cooling sprays ..... I HAVE THE ANSWER.

(38 Posts)
Serendipity22 Thu 07-Jul-22 14:22:16

Thinking of cooling off when the heat strikes???
MAGICOOL is the answer and I speak from experience here.smilesmile

Last year I suffered with the heat BIG TIME, so this year I told myself I'm not suffering AGAIN I did something about it, I researched and researched and had excellent suggestions for Magicool, which I bought, I used and I now recommend.

Yeahhhhh, the days of wilting to mush have GONE...

( I wonder if i would get paid for advertising??? Haaaaa )
?

Jaxjacky Thu 07-Jul-22 14:29:53

I use this, Superdrug

Serendipity22 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:04:32

Ahhh right and thats a good 1 then ?

I have only tried Magicool do have nothing to compare.

Thanks, I buy some and see.

smile

Jaxjacky Thu 07-Jul-22 15:19:30

It is good, used in 40 heat and cheaper than the other one, under £5.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 07-Jul-22 18:37:53

What size is that please Jaxjacky? Thinking of for travelling and hand luggage.

Jaxjacky Thu 07-Jul-22 20:03:39

200ml Grandmadinosaur think it’s still 100ml for flying?
Size next to mug.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 07-Jul-22 20:17:57

Thank you. Yes it’s 100 ml. Still handy to have though for use at home.

Jaxjacky Thu 07-Jul-22 20:33:47

That and a fan, proper one, not electric, sorts me out and I can pretend to be genteel!

Serendipity22 Thu 07-Jul-22 20:39:32

Im going to get some of the spray you buy Jaxjacky... see the comparison...

I think psychologically, if you KNOW you have a 'tool' to help with the heat, then you are instantly at ease... well I am anyway.

Cant believe that at 1 time I lay in the heat for hours on end, almost fried to a crisp !!!!!

?

Grandmadinosaur Thu 07-Jul-22 20:46:02

I’ve got one of the Spanish type fans I throw in my handbag.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 07-Jul-22 20:46:47

I did too Serendipity how times change!

FannyCornforth Fri 08-Jul-22 07:11:33

Glad that you liked it Serendipity wink and that you had a wonderful time ?

Witzend Fri 08-Jul-22 11:23:57

It won’t go in a handbag, but I’ve often used one of the round plastic bottles sold for spraying plants. It was a lifesaver during the 2003 (?) heatwave when I was working in a place with a corrugated iron roof, and no ceiling between it and us.

I also use it for dampening over-dry ironing, not that I iron much any more. I long ago stopped using the steam feature after too many manky-water leaks.

grannygranby Sun 10-Jul-22 11:20:46

I’m with you witzend. A plant mister from Homebase £1 and a smaller one in the car. Just use the body’s cooling mechanism to evaporate water on the skin (even more effective and longer lasting via silk or cotton). Instant cooling.
I bought a new couple of misters because I didn’t want to deprive my house plants, which really thrive on misting. They cheer up no end. And so do I.

grandtanteJE65 Sun 10-Jul-22 11:31:16

Could you not just send us the heat? Dh and I can't get enough of it.

lizzypopbottle Sun 10-Jul-22 11:32:46

You might find it in the airport Boots once you're through security. Obviously not the Superdrug one.... although I've not flown from bigger airports for many years so can't say for sure that Superdrug aren't at Heathrow or Gatwick....

Blossoming Sun 10-Jul-22 11:37:06

I’ve never heard of cooling sprays before, must check them out as Mr. B suffers terribly in the heat.

HeavenLeigh Sun 10-Jul-22 11:46:57

Glad you have found something op, but as I don’t like sprays especially perfumed ones, I don’t know whether that one is, I use a neck fan it’s brilliant has different speeds wouldn’t be without it, all our family uses them

TiggyW Sun 10-Jul-22 11:54:26

I’ve used cooling sprays for years, but they’ve been more difficult to find recently. They’re especially useful in hot cars. Magicool is dearer than own brands.

Nannina Sun 10-Jul-22 12:01:52

I have a Poundland cooling spray bought 3 years ago, 150 ml - still going strong and as effective as ever

Aveline Sun 10-Jul-22 12:18:36

Wow. So glad to hear such things exist. I'm currently sitting in a darkened room with a fan going. It's going to get much hotter too. I loathe this!!!

HazelGreen Sun 10-Jul-22 12:19:33

Keep spray bottle in fridge or even freezer

Honeysuckleberries Sun 10-Jul-22 12:22:12

I soak a t shirt in the sink, wring out and wear. Let it dry out and repeat. Cools quicker and cheaper than a spray.

Anrol Sun 10-Jul-22 12:29:55

I’ve used cooling towels for years. Small microfibre towel; , rinse in cold water, wring out, shake out excess water and voilà a lovely cool towel that you can place wherever you want. When it starts to lose its cooling affect, just re-rinse. These are brilliant for hot flushes too. As it’s a towel it doesn’t affect any air travel requirements, is lightweight & lasts for years. Wash in warm water when it gets grubby. On line at Amazon and other retailers.

dumdum Sun 10-Jul-22 12:38:16

Years ago walking Samaria Gorge in Crete our guide suggested a cold water dampened T shirt round the neck. It worked.