Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 6th August 2022

(39 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 06-Aug-22 06:03:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a bright and sunny start here in brackley this morning .
The after covid experience staying in Warners Nidd Hall was an experience of changes as to how they now operate .
On arrival , got of the coach , given room number plus key , booked my card in at the reception as its all contactless , meal wise located to a table with a set eating time , which was by passed , several changes there no gift shop and those who just want B & B is now available.
Day trips Tuesday did Harrogate , felt breathless with climbing , on Wednesday we did York for a city it was hot and airless causing breathing probs, and Thursday I stay in Hotel so I could watch Commonwealth Games Cycling .
Take Care,
Mick

MawtheMerrier Sat 06-Aug-22 06:10:57

Welcome back, Mick I do hope that despite the heat in York, you still enjoyed your break away. A change always does you good, I think, but you were wise to take it easy on Thursday.
It looks like another warm and sunny day (quelle surprise) here in N Bucks.
I was woken by the one sound I cannot ignore, that of a dog trying to be sick! ??
Fortunately it wasn’t much and on a throw which has seen the inside of the washing machine many many times but I successfully rushed her outside in case there was more to come!
Things can only get better (I hope)
With gentle thoughts to those with heavy burdens and wishes for a pleasant day to us all ?

BlueBalou Sat 06-Aug-22 06:38:14

Good morning from home in Wiltshire, it’s another sunny start here.
Absolutely nothing planned for this weekend, I need it to recharge after a lovely but tiring few days away.
I hope you all have a good weekend x

grandMattie Sat 06-Aug-22 06:41:36

Good morning from a bright E Kent. Sun all day today, but mercifully it isn’t due to be more than a tolerable 23C.
Glad you had a good time away, Mick, sorry the weather didn’t agree with you. It seems to affect most of us on GM.
After an early and emotional start yesterday, saying goodbye to DS, I had a quiet day. I went to the library and dropped in to see a friend on my way home.
Did nothing all day. I really must talk to myself very severely and get going…. My mojo has gone AWOL ?
I’ve got nothing planned for today; a walk round the town walls as DH and I used to do daily, but nothing else.
Have a happy day. Carpe diem. ?????

Urmstongran Sat 06-Aug-22 06:54:07

Welcome back Mick we’ve missed you! Glad you enjoyed your holiday even with the changes you encountered.

Good morning everyone from Malaga ? where the sun is just coming up. I always forget how dark it is here first thing. Himself is still snoozing. We have a pleasant breeze this morning and temperatures are expected around 36°C again.

Gardens this morning then this afternoon Himself has been invited by his 3 pals out here (one who is resident, the other 2 are holidaymakers like us) to watch the Rangers match in a bar over in Bonanza Square. It will be just like an episode of ‘Brits in the Sun’ (my guilty pleasure on My5 of late!).

I shall use the time on my own to seriously cull my wardrobe plus the overspill which has migrated into click storage boxes. I felt so liberated when I did this at home recently I’m determined to do it out here too!
?

The photo is from the landing looking down - behind the little wall there’s a nail bar, a pet shop, a mini mart, a hair salon where I go every Tuesday before LWW, then the two bars which are always busy with locals. Over the zebra crossing is the taxi rank - very handy for trips down to the marina if I’m wearing Car2Bar shoes! And the supermacado ‘Maxi Dia’. As you can see, everything is very handy - the Renfe train station is just a few minutes further along on the other side of the road and runs to Malaga city. Back this way it goes to Fuengirola which is the end of the line. Trains run every 20 minutes and tickets are so cheap - it costs just over €3 for both of us to go to Fuengirola for example. No wonder we don’t need to hire a car out here!

Beechnut Sat 06-Aug-22 07:00:39

Good Morning everyone and welcome back Mick.
It’s sunny here on Severnside. I can see one of my neighbours going for a run before it gets too warm.

I’m starting a course today and will do some pottering and reading later depends how hot it gets.

Enjoy your day all ???

harrigran Sat 06-Aug-22 07:02:30

Good morning from an overcast NE.
The heating has come on so it must be cooler.
I had a telephone appointment with a hospital doctor scheduled for 14.50, he rang me at 11am. I was in the middle of gathering together notes about previous treatment. He is arranging a CT scan and a colonoscopy presumably before he sees me in person.
My sister flew home to Germany yesterday afternoon, we were relieved the flight actually happened as she had so many cancellations on the way here. She was assisted through the three airports in a wheelchair which made her journey bearable.
DS and family visiting this afternoon.
Have a good weekend.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 06-Aug-22 07:11:20

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I am having a lie in today having been up at the crack of dawn to let the decorators in all week. I have my fortnightly stint at the local interesting house today. Should be good. I hope OH can put the curtains back in the hall and landing and measure up for new ones to in the kitchen. I would like to order them pdq. Hopefully I can have a quick word today with son and his family. They are off to Barbados tomorrow for a few weeks house sitting.

Pittcity Sat 06-Aug-22 07:17:00

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Today's forecast is 23° feels like 27°. So hot and dry again. A quiet weekend as DS is not making his usual trip home. I plan to watch the Commonwealth games netball this afternoon. This evening Simply Red supported by Gabrielle are playing in the park next to our estate. We shall sit in the garden and enjoy a free concert.
Love to all ? x

kittylester Sat 06-Aug-22 07:22:07

Good morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

Not much happening here. We have DD1 here (not DD3 as I said yesterday) She is doing OK and it's lovely to have her to ourselves. I have to nip to the village for flowers and mushrooms and to return an amazon parcel.

Oh, and the football season starts - deep joy!!

Sending good wishes to everyone.

Grammaretto Sat 06-Aug-22 07:24:36

Good morning all from the cloudy Scottish Borders.
Welcome back Mick
An exciting day for me.
It's been 4 years since I saw my DGS and he will come today with his parents from NZ.
smile

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 06-Aug-22 07:25:51

Good morning all from bright Harrogate. We had a good fall of rain last night (that’s how it should be, rain at night sunny through the day!)
Good to see you back Mick sorry we didn’t get a chance to meet up.
Tried to get DD a birthday cake yesterday but discovered they all had maize in them. She has a nasty allergy to corn. This morning I shall have to bake her a cake before going to her house this pm! It was her 50th birthday on 3rd August, but she was away for a few days
Seems a long time ago since we were in Malaga, Urms. Can’t remember we’re we were staying, but I do remember we got a bus to Feungirola and a tyre blew! It was quite scary. The driver did not lose control of the bus fortunately and we managed to limp to the town.
Have the best day possible folks

Ashcombe Sat 06-Aug-22 07:30:49

Good morning from a beautifully sunny Torbay.

A sad day as my favourite neighbour and good friend begins moving out. Her landlord wants to sell the flat where my friend has been the perfect tenant for 14 years. He is greedily asking for way more than its value so there have been no viewings in the month it has been on the market. Fortunately, she is only moving to somewhere nearby.

Last night we had our Dress Rehearsal for ‘Allo, ‘Allo. In the morning, DH and I spent time in the theatre to give him the chance to improve his projection with only me in the audience. It paid off in terms of a better performance. Tonight we have a final run through for members to attend so we get the feel of an audience before we open on Monday.

Enjoy whatever the weekend brings. ?????

Jaxjacky Sat 06-Aug-22 07:33:20

Morning all from bright sun in S Hants, hosepipe ban is now in force.
Both children and families are here this afternoon for a bbq, this weather has some benefits.
Good to see you back Mick.
Enjoy your day all if you possibly can ??

Greyduster Sat 06-Aug-22 07:34:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a sunny South Yorkshire. Going to be a warm one I think. Glad you enjoyed your break in Gods own county Mick! Good to have you back. I have to get cracking early this morning as DS and DiL usually fetch up around eleven thirty. I’ve just put a chicken in the oven which we will eat cold with salad and I’ll make a salmon and asparagus flan as DD is also joining us for lunch. Her menfolk are away at a football match today so she is on her own. I hope we’ll get a walk in later.
Have the best day you can folks.

cornergran Sat 06-Aug-22 07:36:53

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset

It was positively chilly yesterday with a strong breeze, calmer today. We’re wandering out for a drift around inland this morning before a booked afternoon tea.

Yesterday was full of phone calls from our distressed goddaughter. I managed a quick chat with our very muddled friend who is in some pain in hospital. I’m not so sure morphine along with a mix of dementia/after effects of a brain bleed/after effects of anaesthesia is such a good idea. As in many places the staff are kind but seem transient, not much continuity in nursing care which isn’t ideal. In between we managed to secure appropriate help for a neighbours bungalow. They are away for two weeks and had to leave a very wet kitchen floor behind them. We offered to take over the sorting to ensure they could still go away. Always something

Go gently when you need to grandmattie. Sounds as if a restful day on Thursday was just what you needed mick. Your changes are coming along ladylfl, soon be there. Hope the appointments come through soon harri and all is settled now maw. Certainly not the ideal start to the day.

Hope Saturday is kind to us all.

hollysteers Sat 06-Aug-22 07:38:06

Good morning Mick and all from a brightening northwest coast. Although it sounds mixed Mick, hope the change has done you good.

Good run through with band yesterday and new guitarist very nice. The rehearsal room is massive and echoey, so really enhances the voice. It will be a different matter in the venue for the gig )I don’t usually use mikes.
Off this morning by train to Cheltenham with close friend, so a longish journey. At his suggestion three nights instead of our usual two, although my back usually has had enough after two days sightseeing. Don’t know the city, so looking forward to it, but not the faff of getting away.
Hope you all have a nice weekend and thoughts to anyone with worries.

brook2704 Sat 06-Aug-22 07:40:38

Good morning everyone from DD1s house in Cambridge where it’s sunny and bright.
We’ve missed you mick but pleased you had your holiday and a change of scenery
I think days doing nothing are sometimes needed gMattie especially after what you’ve been through, your mojo will be back when it’s good and ready
Yesterdays journey was fine, a slight delay for the flight but nothing much. It’s lovely to see everyone as always. Today the DGSs have got swimming this morning and then I think we’re all off out somewhere this afternoon
You’ve lots to go through harrigran but hoping you don’t worry too much, the results are ok and things improve soon
That’s all so handy Urms everything literally on your doorstep or within easy reach.
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

brook2704 Sat 06-Aug-22 07:44:29

That’s such lovely news Gramaretto Enjoy seeing your DGS and give him the biggest hug - if he doesn’t mind!

Sar53 Sat 06-Aug-22 07:54:18

Good morning everyone from Essex by the sea. The sun is up and we are forecast very hot weather for the next couple of weeks.
We spent the day working on the boat yesterday. We've bought a new fridge and had to get it from the back of the car, down to the pontoon and along to the boat. It was heavy, hot work but we managed.
Today we have some bits and bobs to buy, probably coffee at some stage.
DD2 and family arrived home from Paris last night, a delay at Charles de Gaulle and queues at Gatwick but not too bad. It was also their 8th wedding anniversary so I think they had a glass of bubbly when they got home. The've been together since school so nearly 30 years.
Have a lovely Saturday everyone, much love xx

Marydoll Sat 06-Aug-22 07:57:22

Good morning all, from a cloudy Glasgow.

My post has disappeared, (wasn't very interesting anyway), so I shall welcome you back Mick and wish you all the best of days.

Gingster Sat 06-Aug-22 08:00:02

Good morning all and I still have the blinds down to keep the lounge cool. Very still out there after yesterday lovely cooling breeze. Not looking forward to another hot spell next week. We need to be at our seaside abode with the sea air but can’t get back there for a couple of weeks yet due to ‘things’ going on here. I wilt in this weather ?.

It was lovely meeting up with our pals yesterday for lunch. Hadnt seen them for a while so lots of chat.

Dd and little DGD coming today for lunch . Dh will go to the first game if the season with ds1 , so us ‘girls’ will have a pleasant afternoon together.

GM I’m not surprised you’ve lost your mojo after all you e been through. Your body is telling you to ‘just let it go.’ One day at a time.

Lots going on here today with the grans, so enjoy the day! ?
Or just take it easy ?

Grandmabatty Sat 06-Aug-22 08:00:05

Good morning all from Polmont where it's t12° and wet. The rain has been on for some time too. I'm glad Mick you had a good time away. Grandmattie you need to give yourself permission to do the absolute minimum to get through. You'll recover your mojo. Grammaretto lovely news indeed. Have a lovely time with family. Maw that brings back some memories! Bounding half asleep out of bed to try and get puking dog out, not always successfully.
Yesterday I thought I was going to have a quiet day then dd and the boys descended. It was such fun. Chaos ensued with water pistols, outside I hasten to add. Dgs1 was most perturbed at the loss of the peas but happy to see the still green tomatoes. Dgs2 smiled and screamed in equal measure. He can now crawl - backwards. He gets very frustrated as he goes further away from the item he wants. Dd has a stinker of a cold and was tired so was happy to relinquish playing duties. It did me a power of good too.
Today I'll head out to Aldi soon, for food shopping, and then I'll do the usual Saturday housework. Salmon with salad for dinner. Have a good day all.

monk08 Sat 06-Aug-22 08:00:53

Welcome back Mick and good morning all from the Black country, another sunny day beckons.
Haven't read through yet as usual full English calling so will catch up later.
Enjoy your Saturday whatever your plans and may you all find some ?.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 06-Aug-22 08:08:44

Morning Mick goood to have you back

I have to get myself organised as I am off to a holiday lodge with DD and the tie GSs on Monday. DH is undecided as to whether he will join us or not.

This afternoon will see me on a sun lounger in the garden with a book, ditto tomorrow (I will not get much rest next week ??)

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?