Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kitchen for kindly, caring folk...

(1000 Posts)
soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:46:23

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals
And jolly good company...

WELCOME brew cupcake wine flowers sunshine smile

ShazzaKanazza Sat 06-Aug-22 10:08:55

Good Morning Soop Thankyou for opening our new friendly supportive kitchen. ?☕️?
Enjoy your day everyone. ?

mamaa Sat 06-Aug-22 10:09:16

[wave] Morning all, thought I'd say hello and leave some scones, with butter, jam and cream available too, on the side if anyone fancies one to go with an elevenses cuppa.
I love what you've done with the new kitchen Soop its very roomy and tastefully decorated- liking the bi-fold doors too- bringing the outside in. Must dash- online delivery due soon. x

Jaxjacky Sat 06-Aug-22 10:49:38

Lovely bright kitchen, thank you soop. I’ll share these flowers to welcome all.

Grandmabatty Sat 06-Aug-22 10:53:33

Good morning Soop and kitcheners. JaxJacky you got there before me. I've included sunflowers got from Aldi today. They are very cheerful. I'll leave some scotch pancakes with gooseberry jam.

ShazzaKanazza Sat 06-Aug-22 11:09:40

We have these sunflowers in our garden this year but I’m going back to the yellow ones next year. I have a sunflower tattoo on my foot they always make me smile.

Jaxjacky Sat 06-Aug-22 11:29:51

Me too Shazza.

Pittcity Sat 06-Aug-22 13:44:03

Found you. Turn your back for one moment and you've moved!!

Yiayia4 Sat 06-Aug-22 13:50:06

Hello new kitchen. Meringue with cream and strawberries for everyone.

Hope your feeling better Blossoming.These falls must be catching!! I fell this morning on uneven pavement.Fortunately DH was with me and several people helped me get up.I’ve hurt my shoulder and bruised my knee(knee replacement) but I’ll live, could have been worse.
It’s the shock and feeling stupid but the pavement should never be left like this.

Grandmabatty Sat 06-Aug-22 14:07:47

Oh Yiayia hugs to you. It's the embarrassment which hurts as well as the pain of bruises. I hope you aren't too badly hurt.

brook2704 Sat 06-Aug-22 14:17:40

Oooh there you all and what a gorgeous new kitchen, thank you soop
Just on the bus going into a very hot Cambridge with DD1 and youngest DGS, ice cream is on the cards, see you later ?

ShazzaKanazza Sat 06-Aug-22 14:38:41

Oh no Yiayia not you as well! Sorry you’ve hurt yourself ?

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 16:41:09

An exceedingly warm welcome, mamaa I am pleased that you approve of our classy but homely new kitchen.

Thank you for all the gifts of food and flowers. I must say, walking into our kitchen put a spring in my step.

Yia Bless you. There have been far too many falls recently. Do take better care of yourself.

Nannytopsy is in my thoughts. I feel sure that we shall have good tidings of great joy soon-ish.

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 16:43:17

Pittcity I like your style. wink

I shall now mount the bicycle that goes nowhere. As I pedal, I shall curse bless Blossoming.

SueDonim Sat 06-Aug-22 17:12:15

I’m creeping into the new Kitchen with a very blush face. I’ve been reading lately but felt unable to contribute as I’d rather lost track of the many threads in the old kitchen. I’ve just been ultra busy lately, not enough hours in the day. In fact, I shouldn’t even be here, really, there are other things awaiting my attention.

A quick update, though. My mum is still in hospital, that’ll be five weeks tomorrow. They seem unable to reduce the swelling in her legs which means she’s pretty much immobile without help to get up and down.

I’ve been looking after the baby at times, as his mum is back work FT, and he doesn’t yet have a place at nursery.

Our upcoming move is in less than two weeks and there’s been one or two hiccups, though ? those are sorted out now.

My ds2 moved house last week and now wants to come home to us with his two children ‘for a rest’ the week after we move into our new place! He doesn’t know it yet but he’ll be moving boxes etc for us and dd1 also has plans to put him to work, as she’s having a new kitchen the same week and will make use of him to empty cupboards and move things out of the kitchen. Busman’s holiday, haha!

TOYA often and quietly sharing your trials and joys in life. ❤️❤️❤️

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 17:20:06

Just 32 minutes of pedal power today. I have an excuse. I need to wash my hair. hmm

My love to one and all. Enjoy your evening. I shall return tomorrow. smile moon

hulahoop Sat 06-Aug-22 17:20:14

Hi to you all I hadn't been posting but read your news most days I havnt had much to say recently take care all.

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 17:22:02

Lovely to hear from you, SueD. A group hug, especially for you. flowers

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 17:23:05

Hi to you, hulahoop. You are one of us lot. Come and go as you please. flowers

Hellogirl1 Sat 06-Aug-22 19:04:36

I`m another who doesn`t post as often as she should, but I read all posts every day, there just don`t seem enough hours in a day anymore. Love the new kitchen Soop, hope you`re not TOO sore YiaYia, I`ve had my share of falls, and apart from "OUCH!!", the main feeling is daftness in front of people!

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 06-Aug-22 19:43:15

Hello everyone. It took me a while to find the new kitchen, but here I am! I can offer pizza, homemade chocolate cake and a bunch of red roses. I’m shattered after spending the day volunteering at a nearby interesting house. It is always good when visitors ask decent questions and thank me for helping!

gillgran Sat 06-Aug-22 20:16:22

A lovely new kitchen, just as cosy & welcoming as all the old ones.
Great to see all those beautiful flowers, as well as the tasty food goodies.

I hope those who've had falls & health problems soon feel better.

Take care, good folks.

Ali23 Sat 06-Aug-22 20:50:06

I do love a new kitchen. It’s the same feeling as the first pages of a new diary in my old job.

Love the sunflowers too.

Jaxjacky Sat 06-Aug-22 20:58:59

Oh dear Yia body and soul bruised, recover soon. Hope you’re feeling better Blossoming
Family for bbq today with ‘design your own ice cream sundae* went down well.
Busy, busy SueD good luck with the move.

brook2704 Sat 06-Aug-22 22:19:01

I love the sunflowers, thank you Jax, grandmabatty and shazza lovely pictures
Awww sorry to hear you’ve fallen too Yia hopefully not too much damage done
That design your own ice cream sundae sounds good fun Jax I’ll have anything with salted caramel, chocolate, toffee or honeycomb please ?
I’ve had a lovely busy day here, we went into town earlier, it was really hot and busy but DD1 needed to take something back to Next and get something else from JL so it was worth it. Then I was kindly invited to accompany them all to a friends house where a birthday party and BBQ was in full swing, then I took both DGSs to the park before their bath and bed. I’m just about done in now - the weather has been gorgeous all day too - perfect. DH messaged to say it was raining at home in Inverness
So lovely to see everyone in here today, SueD, Ali, gillgran, llfl, hellogirl ,hulahoop ? to you all
Good quote there pittcity too!
Sounds like a very busy time SueD hope all goes well over the next few weeks

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion