Gransnet forums

Chat

EVRI Scam, a warning!

(78 Posts)
Marydoll Sun 07-Aug-22 08:33:14

At 1am this morning, I heard my phone beeping, on checking this morning I saw it was a message from EVRI, telling my my courier, "Kevin", had been unable to deliver a parcel.

1.Our courier is not called Kevin
2.Our courier, knows to leave parcels in greenhouse or
with our obliging neighbours.
3.I have the EVRI app, where I can check.
4.4 I am not awaiting any deliveries.
5.EVRI, do not message at 1am, which alerted me to the
fact that the message was sent from another time zone.

My conclusion, this is a SCAM, but a pretty good one, if you are not savvy enough to realise.
In the past two days, I have had messages from Santander and UPS. The scammers are very busy!
Be aware!

Bakingmad0203 Sun 07-Aug-22 08:49:10

I had an email from Royal Mail informing me that an attempt had been made to deliver a parcel at 7.30 am yesterday, with a link attached to retrieve it:
1) I am always up before then and no one attempted to deliver a parcel at that time
2) We always get a card put through the letterbox if a parcel cannot be delivered
3) We are not expecting any parcels

So I have deleted the email and not opened the link

We are also getting quite a few phone calls on our landline at roughly the same time every few days informing us that we have a problem with our Microsoft account. No we don’t!

Septimia Sun 07-Aug-22 09:16:21

I'm fed up with the calls about insurance on my white goods. I don't have any and don't want any, but they keep phoning (and changing the number so i can't block it!).

Georgesgran Sun 07-Aug-22 09:23:34

That domestic appliance insurance one is ‘doing my head in’ now. Usually, I don’t answer the landline, but I had to recently - then the call I was actually waiting for rang my mobile!
I had the Royal Mail text saying my parcel had been left at 5.26am!

Georgesgran Sun 07-Aug-22 09:25:10

And don’t start me about the technical department of Windows!

Jane43 Sun 07-Aug-22 09:31:17

I regularly get texts from Royal Mail about undelivered parcels which I delete. I also get scam emails from what appears to be DHL but the logo is a actually BHL

Ladyf Sun 07-Aug-22 09:40:33

I had a call yesterday to my mobile supposedly from O2 informing me that there was a problem with my account. As I am not with O2, I knew it was a scam. GN,s that are with O2, please be vigilant.

Harris27 Sun 07-Aug-22 09:41:35

Had all the above don’t link onto them Delete!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 07-Aug-22 09:43:20

And 'you bought your fridge/washing machine over ten years ago. - er, not so.

The latest begins with an overconfident man saying, 'this is a courtesy call ... ' I put the phone down. This, strangely has a local dialling code.

Grannybags Sun 07-Aug-22 09:44:28

I've had a few calls on my mobile lately informing me that the Inland Revenue are after me for not paying my tax!

I don't answer my landline so it's really annoying when they get hold of my mobile number

Redhead56 Sun 07-Aug-22 09:48:27

I have been getting scams from UPS recently I report them as scams and delete or block them.

monk08 Sun 07-Aug-22 09:48:41

I get emails saying someone has logged into my Facebook account that I neither have or want. Hope they find it interesting.

Kate1949 Sun 07-Aug-22 09:50:15

We get them from various parcel companies. My husband had the 'dad I've lost my phone one' last week.

Oldnproud Sun 07-Aug-22 09:54:04

Georgesgran

That domestic appliance insurance one is ‘doing my head in’ now. Usually, I don’t answer the landline, but I had to recently - then the call I was actually waiting for rang my mobile!
I had the Royal Mail text saying my parcel had been left at 5.26am!

5.26 a.m.? That's late compared to when someone supposedly tried to deliver to me last week - at about 1.30 a.m., apparently!

mamaa Sun 07-Aug-22 10:32:32

My husband has just had the 'you've been in contact with someone who's tested + for covid' one. He did a test just to be on the safe side which was -.
I have my phone switched to silence for unknown numbers- if they dont leave a voicemail I just block and delete. Its a pain though as sometimes if I'm expecting a call, say from Ocado delivery driver who's number wont be recognised of course, I need to switch the silencer off, but remember to switch it back on afterwards!
Shame there isn't a way to block unknown numbers re texts- but I guess they'd find a way round it.

Marydoll Sun 07-Aug-22 12:15:45

The reason I started the OP is because, although I have had many of these, this is the first time I have had one from Hermes/Evri! .

Jaxjacky Sun 07-Aug-22 12:18:39

I set txt to silent overnight on my mobile, then deal with any overnight messages the next day and we don’t have a landline handset.

Hellogirl1 Sun 07-Aug-22 18:23:06

I have had a few supposedly from the bank fraud department, saying that 2 large amounts have been taken from my account to pay to Amazon. Strangely enough, each call specifies the same amounts, £300 and £1100. All I had to do was log onto my bank account to check.

Nannagarra Sun 07-Aug-22 19:15:34

We’ve had the ‘you’ve been in contact with someone who’s tested positive for covid’ and ‘a large amount of money has just been debited from your account’.
The latest tells me my Apple Pay has been suspended. Well, whoopy-doo, I don’t use it.
They’re despicable, aren’t they?

Mine Sun 07-Aug-22 19:20:44

I got a text from Evri this morning as well telling me the same thing...Just deleted and blocked the number..

icanhandthemback Sun 07-Aug-22 19:22:28

I had a call from somebody from Vodafone which sounded very fishy especially when they wanted to verify my details. I got shirty with the person on the end of the line and eventually put the phone down. It was only after I had a message to say that somebody from Vodafone had tried to get in touch about the fault on our line wanting to know if it was fixed, that I realised it was a genuine call. Oops!

moggie Sun 07-Aug-22 19:44:38

Thanks for the heads up Marydoll I have a lot of Evri deliveries ?

harrigran Mon 08-Aug-22 00:16:39

I have had the " this is your bank security, £300 and £1100 have been taken from your account " they don't even have the common sense to differ the amounts.

nanna8 Mon 08-Aug-22 00:27:25

We have had them asking for us to pay a small amount to receive a parcel which is being kept for us because they were unable to deliver it. Of course they want your bank details. Scumbags. I suppose for every hundred messages they might get lucky and thieve off someone.

Tee1 Tue 09-Aug-22 11:08:50

I am very familiar with the Inland Revenue and Post Office scams!