Gransnet forums

Chat

Shown real kindness

(12 Posts)
Biscuitmuncher Thu 11-Aug-22 08:49:49

A couple of days ago, like a fool I invited a mobile hairdresser around to give my daughters hair a little trim. Well it was an absolute disaster. She'd hacked loads of it was all lengths. You can imagine the tears. Well yesterday we found a lovely little salon and begged for help for her. He spent a good forty minutes saving her hair he was horrified by it. When he'd transformed her he refused payment! Saying he couldn't let her walk around like that. Isnt that so kind

Knittingnovice Thu 11-Aug-22 08:55:20

That's a wonderful story and it's heartwarming to read about kindness.

sodapop Thu 11-Aug-22 09:02:24

So good to hear stories of kindness for a change. Well done that man

crazyH Thu 11-Aug-22 09:03:39

Lovely story ⭐️

Chewbacca Thu 11-Aug-22 09:07:58

Random acts of kindness make the world turn more smoothly Biscuitmuncher!
I contacted a local property maintainance company this week, to ask for the cost of clearing all the moss out of the gutters under my roof. A young man arrived and gave me a quote, which I accepted. When he came down the ladder, he showed me some photos of damage to 2 sections of the gutter where they connect to the downpipe (I'd suspected it was there months ago). He got back in his van, disappeared for an hour and came back with all the materials he'd need to replace the broken sections and worked for another 2 hours. He wouldn't accept a penny more than the original quote for clearing the gutters because the materials he'd used had been salvaged from a previous job he'd done. He said he was "donating his time" and was happy to help. 5 star review on his webpage!

Aveline Thu 11-Aug-22 09:12:47

So good to hear of these acts of kindness. Gives you faith in human nature.

PollyDolly Thu 11-Aug-22 09:15:10

Lovely story and brilliant customer service. Would. be nice to think the salon has a FB page so you could leave a review.

Auntieflo Thu 11-Aug-22 09:15:28

Oh, doesn't' t it give your spirits a lift when you hear of these acts of kindness.

Biscuitmuncher Thu 11-Aug-22 09:32:36

PollyDolly yes we left reviews on their Facebook page, we were so pleased

Chewbacca Thu 11-Aug-22 09:35:20

BiscuitMuncher Good idea 're reviews on Facebook page; positive feedback is the best advertising.

RichmondPark1 Thu 11-Aug-22 09:42:29

That's an uplifting story. There are so many good people out there and these little acts of kindness make life worth living.
Yesterday evening I was watering my pots and my neighbour opposite crossed the street to give me a little bowl of her home grown tomatoes. Made my day.

Grannybags Thu 11-Aug-22 10:00:30

Lovely stories. Nice to know there are still nice people around