Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 17th August 2022

(54 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 17-Aug-22 05:49:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start with a breeze but we have had some rain and its cleared the air here in brackley .
Today , a small shop and then stay in ,and watch TV cycling wise .
Take Care,
Mick

Pantglas2 Wed 17-Aug-22 06:04:13

Gosh another early one Mick!

We’re hopping on a ? to airport a day early due to strikes tomorrow so will have a leisurely start to our trip to mi Casa and some more sunshine ?… it’s only been two days without here in north Wales ??????? and Mr PG has withdrawal symptoms!

Belated birthday greetings to Grammaretto ?and anyone else with celebrations coming up! Hope your weather in lovely Llandudno improves Grandmadinosaur it’s a little damp at the moment ☔️

Must trot and finish packing my little ? and message grandmafrench who always hoists her washing line at Le Chateau as my ?‍✈️ does the loop-de-loop in her honour….?

A good news day for everyone I hope x

BlueSapphire Wed 17-Aug-22 06:19:26

A very early good morning from a damp Northampton. We had heavy rain overnight but it is drying up now, so hopefully no rain for my journey to Dover, where i join my cruise ship, (provided I test negative before boarding), fingers crossed. I have just done a home test, and am waiting on the result now. My driver contacted me yesterday and checked that I would be doing a test before pick-up, as will he.

Just a few last minute checks that I've got everything, passport, vaccination certificates, money etc.

Longing for a cup of tea, but have taken my weekly alendronic tablet so have to wait half an hour. Shall be starving by the time I board, but food is available once I am on the ship.

Have a lovely holiday Pantglas

BlueSapphire Wed 17-Aug-22 06:23:11

Happily my home LFT is negative!

cornergran Wed 17-Aug-22 06:33:23

Morning Mick, morning All. Several hours rain yesterday and this morning the sky looks so full, very dark. What a contrast

Routine day ahead. Grocery delivery, ironing, dust removal and general catching up. Easier now it’s cooler. Looks like todays laundry will be drying inside.

Safe travels pantglas, you too bluesapphire, enjoy every minute of your cruise.

Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

grandMattie Wed 17-Aug-22 06:33:36

Good morning to everyone, especially the travellers. A wave and hug to grandmafrench, please pant.
It rained a teeny amount overnight in E Kent, very discreetly, no thunderstorm, I only noticed the wet pavements this morning…
Joining my dog walking friend in an hour, then probably seeing my nursing home friend, if they allow visitors. They are terribly strict about infection control, which does the inmates no good, as they are confined to their rooms/barracks for days, poor things.
Bon voyage and enjoy your holidays, those off to other climes; a happy day to the others. Carpe diem. ❤️????

Jaxjacky Wed 17-Aug-22 06:34:46

Morning all from cloud in S Hants, no rain.
Happy holidays Pantglas and BlueBelle, have a wonderful time both of you.
I’ve got to sort out lifts from the requests yesterday, make a farm shop visit and sort out a couple of birthday presents.
Yesterday was quite busy on the phone calls, when I drove my elderly client to his diabetes check the heavens opened for the only significant shower all day.
Enjoy your day all ??

Greyduster Wed 17-Aug-22 06:51:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a wet, chilly South Yorkshire. Well, we wanted rain and boy did we get it, accompanied by thunder a lightning! The water butt is full again and the garden is extremely grateful. GS and I had a gentle day yesterday; some gardening and a walk, and he sorted out some photos on my laptop into albums. They go back years and there were some early ones of his mum and dad which he thought were hilarious! I’ll take him home after a cooked breakfast as he is off out with his friends this afternoon.
Enjoy your cruise, BlueSapphire and anyone else about to embark on travels!
Have a good day, one and all.

Beechnut Wed 17-Aug-22 07:06:10

Good Morning all from a damp Severnside. It’s fresh here I’m glad to say. I’ll check my small water butt in a bit. It’s the one I go to the most for the greenhouse. It only collects water from the one side of the roof and I’m thinking I should get another for the other side. Water is so heavy to carry.

A bit of homeworking this morning and off out this afternoon.

Have a lovely time BlueSapphire on your cruise and safe travels Pant. Give Grandmafrench a wave from me too. I miss her and her wisdom on here.

Have a good day all whatever you do ?

ginny Wed 17-Aug-22 07:07:43

Good morning.
Rye has clouds this morning and rain is forecast . Yesterday we had a couple of tiny showers.
I think we are off to some kind of farm park today. There is indoor play for the boys if needed.
Safe travels to those going on holiday or days out. Wishing all a good day.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 17-Aug-22 07:27:20

Morning all from a damp looking West Oxfordshire. Our new kitchen curtains may be delivered today! It is my WIs summer treat today. We are having ‘posh’ afternoon tea in our local tea room and will dress up for it! We should have celebrated our centenary back in 2020 and had drawn up an excellent timetable for a year of activities. Then the pandemic strucksad And it hasn’t gone away as our President has just been diagnosed with covid so can’t attend today’s event. I hope everyone has a good day.

Grammaretto Wed 17-Aug-22 07:29:22

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Cool but dry here.
Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes. I had a very special day with my Kiwi family. DGS and I made me a cake while his DP tackled some decluttering and I was taken out to dinner.
We are going to an early Fringe show today.
I hope you enjoy your cruise Blue Sapphire
Safe travels Pantglas and my good wishes to all who are poorly or in pain.
I've just watched geese flying over. The start of their winter migration?

Pittcity Wed 17-Aug-22 07:30:42

Good morning from grey, misty Colchester. We've had a bit of rain but it's still warm and humid here. Only 22° forecast but I still feel sweaty.
Laundry is back to drying indoors sad
Usual Wednesday morning coffee meetup in the city centre. A pile of ironing to tackle later before DH returns with more laundry.
Love to all ? x

harrigran Wed 17-Aug-22 07:31:24

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Yesterday was grey and we had drizzle all day, dark enough to need the light on at 3pm so I could do my crossword.
I found a missed call on my mobile and rang the number, it was apparently the hospital endoscopy unit and as I didn't pick up they are unable to offer me a date for my procedure just now. I was being investigated using the two week referral but that time will be exceeded now. I never hear my phone when I am in noisy places like supermarkets so there is a risk I will miss other calls too.
I am angry that hospital letters have to be downloaded from an NHS portal but message is sent to my phone, I am not tech savvy and it is causing me extra stress.
SIL is coming to take me shopping for groceries, won't be like oven to fridge today as it is only going to be about 15 degrees.
Enjoy your holidays those departing today.

Marydoll Wed 17-Aug-22 07:33:33

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where its 11°C.

I have been up since five coughing, this throat thing is awful, it makes me really nauseous.
Made a cuppa, went back to bed.
DH came to check on me, but I was having a dream where I, at a French Market, was arguing with a stallholder in my best French, over a Scottish football, can opener! It was totally bizarre, especially as the stall holders were English.
Just when DH woke me, I smashed all the China items in my shopping bag. ?

Yesterday, I made dulche de leche ice cream for the first time, it was to die for! I may attempt vanilla today, depending on how I feel.

Grammaretto, I hope you had a lovely birthday with your family yesterday.
Chrissie, praying your DD managed to get through yesterday.

Safe journey to our intrepid travellers.
We are off to the school gates, to accompany Dollie on her first day back to school. Unfortunately, she has become a bit anxious about leaving mummy and something happening to her.
Then its up to DD'S to see what progress has been made in their new home and get some plants from her garden and dig up some plants she dislikes. and deposit more junk, they have left here!

Wishing you all a pleasant day

brook2704 Wed 17-Aug-22 07:43:30

Good morning everyone from Inverness where after two days of almost non stop rain it’s now dry and the sun is trying to come out. It’s still cool though with only a high of 16º forecast today
Have a fabulous cruise bluesapphire and a great stay in Spain pantglas, please give a ? to grandmafrench from me too!
Today I’m going to the gym for the Aqua class and then lunch with my friend afterwards, that’ll take care of most of the afternoon!
That sounds very unfair harrigran I hope something can be sorted and your procedure goes ahead soon
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Urmstongran Wed 17-Aug-22 07:48:34

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have the Levante wind blowing! The gardens look messy, bin lids on the grass, detritus blown into the pools. Poor Cesar will have his work added to this morning (he comes every day there’s always something needs doing). No idea of today’s plans but tonight we’re minding the Boy Wonder & L’il Miss while their mum & dad enjoy cocktails and dinner on the marina.

Happy holiday Pants! Another here who really misses GrandmaFrench I wish she’d come back regularly. I used to love reading about French France, her garden, pool, dogs and neighbours. Plus, she was always so kind, inclusive and witty!

Happy cruising Blue I know how much you’re looking forward to this.

Enjoy Wednesday all who can. Oh, and a ? to our crumpet queen if you’re reading. Hope all’s well with you and yours dear lady. I wonder, is Old Tom still with you?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 17-Aug-22 07:49:10

Morning Mick and all

It’s grey with a slight mist here in my corner of S E Essex, we are predicted thunder, lightning and heavy rain from lunch time, I will believe it when I see it. Yesterday we had slight drizzle on and off for a couple of hours, but still hot and clammy.

I am off for a manicure and pedicure first thing and immediately into the gym for Callanetics (very handy as only a couple of doors down from each other’

Happy belated birthday to Grammeretto , how lovely to have your kiwi family with you.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

kittylester Wed 17-Aug-22 07:51:37

Good morning all from a chilly, wet and dull North Leicestershire.

We have 5 grandchildren today - wish us luck.

Urmstongran Wed 17-Aug-22 07:52:17

That sounds a bit draconian harrigran. I’d be making a couple of calls myself. To your GP so he knows your urgent appointment is being delayed and is in the picture. He ought to get involved at this stage. If not, I’d ring the PALS office at the hospital. You weren’t put on the 2 week referral pathway for nothing. Good luck.

Sar53 Wed 17-Aug-22 07:55:05

Good morning from Essex by the sea. It's cloudy at the moment and rain is forecast for later. We did have a heavy downpour yesterday afternoon but it didn't last long. At least it is less humid.
I have no real plans for today, a few things to investigate online.
The bed needs changing, my book needs reading and I may do some of my cross stitch which I have neglected in the very warm weather.
Happy holidays to all those going away.
Have a pleasant Wednesday everyone xxx

ShazzaKanazza Wed 17-Aug-22 08:05:26

Good morning Mick and everyone from Hull. We had some rain in the night possibly just enough so DH doesn’t have to water today.

Wishing Pantglas and BlueSapphire wonderful holidays and safe journeys.

I’m picking up GS from his mum at 9-15. A long day to fill with him and it’s much cooler today so no water chute. I’ll take him to mums for an hour and to a couple of parks.
DS stayed last night and has just gone to work with a sausage sandwich in his hand.

Enjoy your day everyone and special thoughts to those with illness and worries. ??

GrannySomerset Wed 17-Aug-22 08:18:47

After a fair amount of rain yesterday everything smells fresher and the grass already looks less like shredded wheat and more like grass. Main job today is tackling my energy supplier who has billed me three times for the same amount with bills addresses to late DH, to me and to both of us. Foresee a frustrating time on the phone.

Good to hear mention of Grandmafrench. Like others, I miss her delightful window onto French life and hope all is well with her. Sorry Marydoll is still suffering and wish those on their travels Bon Voyage.

monk08 Wed 17-Aug-22 08:20:33

Good morning all from a wet Black country, 12hrs of non stop rain.
Looks like it will be housework then today, the book won yesterday.
Meeting our friends at the club this evening.
Have a lovely cruise BlueSapphire and safe travels Pantglas.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed, take care all and may you all find some ?.

hulahoop Wed 17-Aug-22 08:20:49

Good morning from a wet West York's the rain started yesterday evening and has rained on and off since .Happy holidays for those setting off today .That's not good Harrigran hope you can sort an appointment soon.