Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 18th August 2022

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 18-Aug-22 05:51:26

Good Morning Everyone,
A grey cloudy start here in brackley this morning , no sign of rain though .
Todays plans are to get a early bus to Bicester , browse for certain items ,and then have a coffee plus something to eat .
Return home to have a quiet day in.
Take Care,
Mick

Greyduster Thu 18-Aug-22 06:04:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from Sleepless of South Yorkshire. A grey cloudy start here. Shocking night so I will need forty winks later. My son in law is bringing a locksmith round later this morning. Just as I was unlocking the front door yesterday to drive GS home the key got well and truly stuck and wouldn’t turn. Then the lock barrel shifted to one side inside the handle and that was that. I hope he can fix it! Having to exit through the back is not ideal. These things are sent to try us (and don’t they just!).
Have the best day you can folks.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 18-Aug-22 06:08:28

Good morning all from a slightly overcast Llandudno.
Yesterday it turned beautifully sunny and warm after lunch. We went to Conway. Everywhere is far too busy for my liking but I guess it’s to be expected at this time of year.

It is our 38th wedding anniversary today. We are going to Betws y Coed this morning then going for a Champagne afternoon tea later this afternoon.

Take care everyone.

Greyduster Thu 18-Aug-22 06:17:57

Happy Anniversary, Grandmadinosaur! Enjoy your day.??.

grandMattie Thu 18-Aug-22 06:19:16

Good morning from a grey E Kent. No rain yet, none forecast. The clouds seem to part as soon as they approach us! At least, it’s no longer so very, very hot. I could never live anywhere the temperatures reached more than about 25C, I never could cope in the first place…
My old friend in the nursing home seems to be slipping away. Her razor sharp mind is no longer, her energy levels are nil, her interest in the world is non existent. I haven’t seen her since February as I have been unable to leave DH and was shocked at her decline. Very sad.
Today, I’m meeting a different friend and walking her little dog. I think we’re lunching out as well. If so, I won’t need to think about dinner.
Hope the travellers had a safe journey. May the poorly DDs and DiLs have a good day, same for those in sickbay especially Marydoll. Welcome back grandmafrench, you have been missed. Carpe diem. ???❤️???

Nannagarra Thu 18-Aug-22 06:45:28

Good morning from Sefton by the sea.
Up with the lark as DH are going out this morning, the gardener is due at lunchtime, I am meeting friends this afternoon then will go for a swim. The day is book ended by two sets of tradespeople, the first I am to deal with early doors, the second DH while I’m ?‍♀️.
Grandmadinosaur ? ? ?
Enjoy your day everyone.

ShazzaKanazza Thu 18-Aug-22 06:47:34

Good morning Mick and everyone from a grey skied Hull. It was a much cooler night to sleep.

Happy anniversary Grandmadinosaur enjoy your day with your lovely husband and your afternoon tea.

GrandMattie I can imagine how upsetting it was seeing your friend decline so much.?

I need to be at DSs at 8 to pick up GS so he can get to work. I’m only having him till lunch then son is picking him up again. He’s taken l and a half days days off. This afternoon I’m taking Mum to Hornsea Freeport for a look around. I haven’t been for a few years. It will be good to spend some time with mum too.

Enjoy your day everyone and thoughts to those struggling with illness and stress. ??

Susan56 Thu 18-Aug-22 06:52:55

Good morning from Shropshire.

I had a bad night too Greyduster.We have had a last minute request for childcare so no nap for me.Looking forward to an early night tonight already.

Happy anniversary Grandmadinosaur, hope you have a lovely day??

Have a good day everyone??

NannyJan53 Thu 18-Aug-22 06:58:14

Good morning from a dull and overcast Black Country.

Arrived home yesterday after almost 2 weeks away. of glorious sunshine! Two days in Glastonbury to see Paloma Faith at the Abbey there. We stayed in a pop up campsite underneath the Tor. Then onto Lyme Regis, where we visited Charmouth, Sidmouth and Seaton. Couldn't have asked for better weather, but it was a relief when it rained on Tuesday.

Cannot hope to catch up with all your news the past 2 weeks. So I will wish you all a lovely day, and love to any who are unwell and struggling.

Ali23 Thu 18-Aug-22 07:00:26

Good morning Mick and everyone from the last leg of our holiday. We are now spending some time with our DD and family. We've had sun and rain and some fun with the grandchildren too. Lovely!

brook2704 Thu 18-Aug-22 07:12:55

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s grey and breezy
A very Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs grandmadinosaur enjoy your special day together and your champagne afternoon tea! ?❤️?
Not much planned today but lots of jobs to keep me busy
Nannyjan sounds like you had a lovely holiday, we’ll be visiting Lyme Regis, Sidmouth and Seaton very soon when we continue our adventures walking the coastal path!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 18-Aug-22 07:13:42

Good morning from a cool and overcast Oxfordshire, rain forecast for later, it was forecast yesterday but we didn’t get any.
Hairdresser today, then beds all being changed ready for MzOops and the Oopsies who are coming up tomorrow for the weekend and also returning my car, I’ve missed it!
Happy Anniversary Grandmadinosaur ??
Hope all those who are feeling unwell, feel a little better as the day goes on.

Grammaretto Thu 18-Aug-22 07:15:00

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Dull start today but hopefully it will brighten up later. My visitors are off to the seaside with their old pals. I hope to catch up on some sleep as, like you Greyduster, I had a bad night.
Happy anniversary to the Dinosaurs I hope you have a great day. flowerswine
A great shame to know your friend is slipping away gMattie .
Have the best day you can everyone.

cornergran Thu 18-Aug-22 07:15:41

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset.

Yesterday didn’t quite go to plan but that’s life for sure, very stressful, no matter another day beckons. Today we’re off along two motorways to see one of ours and the granddaughters then a visit to Avebury. Love it there.

A very happy anniversary to you both grandmadinosaur. ?. You’ve been to some of my favourite places nannyjan, sounds a good holiday. Didn’t see you yesterday,
grandmafrench, no time to return to read messages, welcome back. Same thing happened to me years ago greyd, awkward for sure. Sounds as if you need a decent nap today.

Good wishes to everyone. Hope Thursday is kind to us all

monk08 Thu 18-Aug-22 07:15:56

Good morning all from a wet Black country.
Another who had a restless night not helped by someone letting off fireworks at 2am.
Family coming for tea tonight so no rest once the boys are here.
Glad you enjoyed your holiday NannyJan.
Happy Anniversary Grandmadinosaur enjoy your day ??.
Enjoy your Thursday everyone and may you all find some ?.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 18-Aug-22 07:18:01

Morning Mick and all

The clouds gathered yesterday lunchtime and then they disappeared here in S E Essex, not a drop of rain fell.

I have to do a big shop today as I have my teenage GSs for two days (14 yrs and nearly 13yrs) and they have extremely healthy appetites!

Keep safe and well folks ??‍♀️

ginny Thu 18-Aug-22 07:18:07

Good morning. Weather is not looking too bad here in Rye at the moment.
Not sure what our plans are today but DGS has mentioned a train so maybe Romney ,Hythe and Dymchurch.

Wishing you all a good day.

Beechnut Thu 18-Aug-22 07:27:14

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is overcast.

Happy anniversary to Mr&MrsDinosaur. Enjoy your afternoon tea ???

It was lovely to see ?you yesterday Grandmafrench.

You made me smileUrms with FrenchFrance because we often say WelshWales.

I have to get going earlier this morning as my friend is calling by fairly early. She was hoping to come yesterday but I didn’t get her message until much later in the morning so she went home instead. This afternoon I want to do some card making and some preparation work for next week.

Have a good day all ??

Grandmabatty Thu 18-Aug-22 07:27:45

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 12° and cloudy. Sympathy to all those who had a broken sleep. I know all about that! Grandma French I'm waving furiously.
Yesterday I had a lovely day. A long, Spanish inspired lunch at a friend's house. Her house has marvellous views, across the river Forth to the Ochil Hills. Dgs1 had a great first day back at nursery too. Lots of sharing and he made two new friends.
Today I have an early dentist appointment to get a couple of fillings done. I can't say I look forward to it, but it's to sort my broken tooth. The rest of the day will be quiet. Have a good day all

kittylester Thu 18-Aug-22 07:32:08

Food morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire.

We survived 5vdgc yesterday - more or less! And we are taking DGD2 and 4 home today. Then a very big sit down is called for. We also have a Sainsbury's delivery at tea time.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Pittcity Thu 18-Aug-22 07:35:47

Good morning from Colchester where the clouds have bits of blue sky between them. 24° and dry today. Much more like the Summer weather we expect here.
An early trip to the supermarket as we have old friends that we haven't seen for ages coming to lunch. We will go out on the local tourist trail this afternoon and an Italian restaurant is booked for tonight.
Must get going.
Love to all ?x

Jaxjacky Thu 18-Aug-22 07:40:03

Morning all from a dry S Hants. We had a tease of rain yesterday, black clouds surrounding, a heavy drizzle for ten minutes, then the sun came out.
Happy Anniversary Mr&MrsDinosaur ?
Voluntary phone day today, I did think of going for a beach wander and a paddle later, but there’s been a sewage discharge, I’ll give that a miss.
Enjoy your day all ??

Pittcity Thu 18-Aug-22 07:41:42

Happy anniversary to the Dinosaurs ???

Urmstongran Thu 18-Aug-22 07:50:54

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from sunny & hot Malaga. It’s the penultimate day f their holiday for our FoF (family of four). It’s flown by! Himself can rest up soon. He absolutely loves this fortnight though.

Marina tonight for dinner for all of us. A bit special with pre-prandial cocktails for those of us over-18. Woohoo!
???

BlueSapphire Thu 18-Aug-22 07:53:31

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Guernsey, where we are anchored on the first day of our cruise.

We had a good journey down yesterday, arrived at lunchtime, tested negative, so allowed to board. Then it was tme for lunch, followed by safety drill, and we sailed early evening.

Not going ashore today, as I have been to Guernsey several times, but will spend the time exploring the ship and enjoying the sunshine. Have a manicure/pedicure booked for late morning, then a leisurely lunch.

Then tonight I plan to watch Jools Holland in Concert which should be good.

Have a pleasant day everyone.