Gransnet forums

Chat

HMRC - Tax Refunds

(5 Posts)
Dinahmo Thu 18-Aug-22 15:31:06

I'm sure most of you are aware of the phoney emails purporting to come from HMRC concerning tax refunds. I've just had one saying that I am owed £5,900 (thereabouts) and that I am in contravention of new legislation if I don't claim it.
Ha ha!!

Some of you may not be aware however, so please do take care. If you receive one just forward it to:
[email protected]

I'm tempted to reply just saying "up yours" or something ruder but then I met get more problems so I'm restraining myself.

PollyDolly Thu 18-Aug-22 17:05:57

Ah ha! So the lowlife that has been texting me to ask where to deliver a fictitious package has taken the hint - yes I did tell them to shove up their a***s - has finally moved on.

These disgusting individuals will stop at nothing seemingly. We just have to be vigilant but I must admit, some of their attempts look so genuine.

Dinahmo Thu 18-Aug-22 19:10:06

I've had some of those emails too. I think I'll try your method next time.

Georgesgran Thu 18-Aug-22 20:56:44

The chap telling me my Visa had been used for an expensive purchase this morning got both barrels and a mouthful of expletives too, when he told me to go and find my card and he’d check the number. Obviously I must’ve been having a bad day!

Grantanow Fri 19-Aug-22 12:34:55

Forward scam emails to [email protected]. GCHQ chase scammers down.