Gransnet forums

Chat

Funny grandchildren shares

(30 Posts)
Wyllow3 Sun 25-Sep-22 14:59:35

Smile of the day.

I'm on the bed having a computer chat break in the playroom while DiL and GDG age 6 go out to collect her new bike. 4 year old wants to go with and has minor tantrum as they leave and doesn't stop (a good moan needs an audience).

After a while I get fed up and out pops my own Dad's phrase

"Oh, do put a sock in it!!!!!

Whine immediately stops and 4 year old goes and picks up the lead for the Computer Socket and brings it over.

62Granny Sun 25-Sep-22 15:37:47

Yes sometimes these little sayings just pop out ,great the it worked though? get Mum was glad.

SueDonim Sun 25-Sep-22 16:18:07

grin As they say in Scotland, that’s them telt!

My 4yo GD solemnly informed her 12yo American cousin yesterday that the queen had died recently, of death. confused

Wyllow3 Sun 25-Sep-22 16:38:23

Well that simplifies life, death and the universe… confused

Oldnproud Sun 25-Sep-22 16:58:08

SueDonim

My 4yo GD solemnly informed her 12yo American cousin yesterday that the queen had died recently, of death. confused

My 4 yo gd was here for a sleepover last night, and over breakfast she started talking to me very matter -of-factly about the Queen being dead and in a box, and something about her going into the ground at the castle.

It's a great age. Don't you just love them grin

storynanny Sun 25-Sep-22 18:35:05

One of my little ones said ( re the queen) “well at least you’re not dead storynanny”

SueDonim Sun 25-Sep-22 18:50:11

Wyllow3

Well that simplifies life, death and the universe… confused

One of my other GC had that sorted by the age of six, Wyllow. Apparently, you live for 100 years, then you die and all the atoms in your body go up into space and eventually become a black hole, which explodes and sends you back to earth to be born again and live another 100 years repeatedly. Simples!

The same GC was telling me about his future plans to become a builder. I suggested he could build a nice house for Dh and me and he said no, he couldn’t do that because we’d be dead by then! confused ? ?

GrannyLaine Sun 25-Sep-22 19:32:27

Doing the school run last week we were chatting with my 9 year old grandson about matters of longevity following on from the life of Her Late Majesty. Mr L asked him how long he thought he might live. Quick as a flash, DGS replied
"Well more to the point Grandpa, how long do you think you're going to live?"

Wyllow3 Sun 25-Sep-22 19:36:12

Oh my! I have loved these stories! Thank you and more.

Well, thats Mr L asked a straight question, what did he say?.

pinkprincess Sun 25-Sep-22 23:00:47

When my oldest DGD was about 4 she was showing my DH the money in her purse.DH said 'You are a rich girl' DGD replied
' I not a rich girl I Christian name'.

Spice101 Mon 26-Sep-22 07:07:07

GD when she was about 8 told me that when she grew up and got a job and had saved up a lot of money she would do something for me. My answer was I could be dead by then. Without missing a beat she came back with "well in that case I'll build a pergola over your grave".

You have to love them.

Wyllow3 Mon 26-Sep-22 07:09:49

Those made me smile!

Tink75 Mon 26-Sep-22 19:06:07

GD Grandma you have wrinkles all over your hand. ME glumly . Yes I know.

GD And you have them all over your face too!!

Wyllow3 Mon 26-Sep-22 19:23:42

Oh yes....they do tell it like it is, don't they. That is ..very...full on.

I just got "grandma, why is your hair white?"

But they wouldn't feel comfy saying it if they didn't trust you and love you a lot

Yammy Mon 26-Sep-22 19:26:28

SueDonim

We say that's them telt, as well. My GD had to design a placemat about the Queen, most of the class had her on her throne, and mine did her doing a highland fling in front of a castle surrounded by mountains. The corgi is there but it is coloured blue.

Kim19 Mon 26-Sep-22 19:28:36

Regularly shared the changing room in the swimming pool with 2 GC. One day I was randomly asked why my boobs were 'away down there'. I actually thought I was doing quite well in that department. Obviously not!

crazyH Mon 26-Sep-22 19:41:25

Keep them coming………?
Love the ‘wrinkle story’- don’t know what *Tink75’s grandson would say if he saw my face…..

Urmstongran Mon 26-Sep-22 19:47:35

L’il Miss (aged 5): “will you die soon grandma”
Me: “I hope not. I hope I live a while longer yet”
L’il Miss (after thinking): “do you think you’ll still be here in five weeks?”.

Wyllow3 Mon 26-Sep-22 19:55:00

Oh Urmstongran that takes the biscuit!!!

Aveline Mon 26-Sep-22 20:02:53

Eldest DGS announced one day, 'Grandads very handsome isn't he?' I agreed then (stupidly) asked him if I was beautiful. Response? A flat no!

Aldom Mon 26-Sep-22 20:13:15

Recently, while my 17 year old granddaughter and I were watching the news on television, members of a local Conservative Association were being interviewed. My granddaughter turned to me saying, "No disrespect, but I wish they would interview people who weren't likely to be dead in the next twenty years." grin

HowVeryDareYou Mon 26-Sep-22 20:40:57

My GD, when she was about 5, pointed to my (very ample) bosom and asked "What's that bit called?" I said "it's my cleavage". "No, I mean that wrinkly stuff" she said

Deedaa Mon 26-Sep-22 20:51:32

GS3 (9) walked into the kitchen while I was buttering some Ryevita. "Why are you eating cardboard Granny?"

pandapatch Mon 26-Sep-22 21:34:02

We worried for ages about how to tell our 4 year old grandson that one of our 3 cats had died.
We needn't have worried.
"So you have 2 cats now?
"Yes"
"Can you get a sabre-tooth tiger so you have 3 again"

Wyllow3 Mon 26-Sep-22 21:43:33

I'll be sad when I'm not 'gan-ma' any more.