Gransnet forums

Chat

Nightdress cotton XL with classic collar and short sleeves

(19 Posts)
GrandNanna Sun 25-Sep-22 16:29:45

Hi all, I am looking for an all cotton nightdress with classic or peter pan collar, big size, must have short sleeves too. Preferably knee or just below knee length. Can't find one anywhere online and am disabled so can't go looking in the shops. Prefer patterned/ colour, not pure white. Can anyone suggest a website please? Thank you for any advice.

yggdrasil Sun 25-Sep-22 16:44:32

try JD williams

GrandNanna Sun 25-Sep-22 16:50:11

Thanks yggdrasil I will have a look

nexus63 Sun 25-Sep-22 16:53:09

i have just typed cotton nightdress with classic or peter pan collar into google and it came up with some companies including yours which is for big girls like me, amazon, la redoute, sandras online, marlon and damart. hope you find something you like.

FannyCornforth Sun 25-Sep-22 16:53:20

Hi
I do like a traditional cotton nighty.
But I think that you are narrowing down your options with your choice of collar.
Most are square neck.
Is it that important to you what the collar is like?

Charleygirl5 Sun 25-Sep-22 17:11:46

I buy most of my nighties via Amazon but I deliberately do not buy 100% cotton because sometimes I feel as though I am in a straitjacket. I have never been disappointed yet and I have bought from a few companies.

I prefer jersey-type nighties which have some "give" in them and are not so long I could trip.

Norah Sun 25-Sep-22 17:16:30

Amazon
Brand: Lady Olga
Ladies Brushed Cotton Nightdress Sleepwear Nightwear
4.5 out of 5 stars 347 ratings
Price:£17.99 - £20.99

Norah Sun 25-Sep-22 17:17:27

Hem the sleeves, perhaps that expands your search.

Ali08 Sun 25-Sep-22 18:14:01

While we are on this topic, could someone please explain to me why some manufacturers insist on stitching plastic along seams, especially shoulder seams?
I find this to be very irritating and have bought so many items only to realise the plastic is there, non-removable, and I've now got to return them or pass them to family or friends!
I really hate that they do that!!

Witzend Sun 25-Sep-22 18:30:37

David Nieper? They’re on the pricey side though.,

GrandNanna Sun 25-Sep-22 18:45:45

Thank you very much everyone, lots of good suggestions for me to follow up.

Harris27 Sun 25-Sep-22 18:49:39

Jd Williams.

Georgesgran Sun 25-Sep-22 19:03:21

I’ve never had a proper nightie before – but really like that one from Amazon. Going to order one later.

GrandNanna Sun 25-Sep-22 19:13:51

Hi Fanny just saw your question 're collar, yes I get a cold neck but also I wear a pendant alarm in bed and a collar helps to keep the cord from lying across my throat/ front neck trying to strangle me

midgey Sun 25-Sep-22 20:40:49

Landsend do cotton nighties though with no collar, very often have a sale too!

Mogsmaw Sun 25-Sep-22 20:55:19

Ali08

While we are on this topic, could someone please explain to me why some manufacturers insist on stitching plastic along seams, especially shoulder seams?
I find this to be very irritating and have bought so many items only to realise the plastic is there, non-removable, and I've now got to return them or pass them to family or friends!
I really hate that they do that!!

It’s silicon elastic. It supports structural seams on jersey fabrics.
You would be really disappointed if it wasn’t there as the shoulders would sag and stretch out of shape.

BigBertha1 Sun 25-Sep-22 22:34:19

I just bought two new nighties from Cyberjammies and am very pleased with them

FannyCornforth Mon 26-Sep-22 01:41:43

GrandNanna

Hi Fanny just saw your question 're collar, yes I get a cold neck but also I wear a pendant alarm in bed and a collar helps to keep the cord from lying across my throat/ front neck trying to strangle me

Ah, thank you, that makes perfect sense
I’ve been known to have a special bed-scarf!

GrandNanna Mon 26-Sep-22 10:42:55

Great idea Fanny, I hadn't thought of using a bed scarf! Will investigate, thank you for the suggestion.