Gransnet forums

Chat

Unisex changing rooms

(58 Posts)
HeavenLeigh Mon 26-Sep-22 12:11:57

Would you feel comfortable trying on clothes in a unisex changing room, while I’m quite a confident person and happy in my own skin, I wouldn’t be happy using one, I like to look at myself in all angles to see if things fit and the thought of a man coming in and stripping off few feet from me is a big no no. What do you all think !

Septimia Mon 26-Sep-22 12:43:58

Definitely not for me!

Poppyred Mon 26-Sep-22 12:46:36

I wouldn’t consider a same sex changing room let alone an unisex one!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 26-Sep-22 12:54:29

No, I wouldn't like it. I suggest that we all approach the changing rooms with the maximum amount of clothes that we are allowed to try on. On discovering that it's unisex, we say, "No, that is not acceptable, I will not shop here again until you change your policy. Goodbye." It's not like me to be so bolshie but I'd vote with my purse.

Then dump the items and walk out. If everyone did this the idiots in charge would soon get the message, unless they want to go out of business.

25Avalon Mon 26-Sep-22 12:57:02

No thank you.

Summysoom Mon 26-Sep-22 12:58:34

Absolutely not!

icanhandthemback Mon 26-Sep-22 12:59:46

I wouldn't like them if they were all curtains which can easily be moved but where they are solidly 4 sided with a door, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I feel more uncomfortable using a public toilet even though they are usually all same sex.

sodapop Mon 26-Sep-22 13:20:04

Definitely not for me, I prefer single cubicles.

Mollygo Mon 26-Sep-22 13:32:28

No thanks. I prefer single cubicles even when it’s all single sex as well.
* lovebeigecardigans1955* that would certainly get the message across.

MerylStreep Mon 26-Sep-22 13:37:30

I watched this video last night.
In it you will hear her say she was in favour of mixed sex changing room.
Primarks reply could be their Ratnor moment.

twitter.com/MForstater/status/1573703132646969344

Kalu Mon 26-Sep-22 13:49:11

I wouldn’t go into a store which had same sex changing rooms never mind mixed sex. I like time to try on clothes, scrutinise how they look at every angle privately, without an audience.

nanna8 Mon 26-Sep-22 13:54:34

No way. Hope they never bring it here.

icanhandthemback Mon 26-Sep-22 13:56:44

Kalu

I wouldn’t go into a store which had same sex changing rooms never mind mixed sex. I like time to try on clothes, scrutinise how they look at every angle privately, without an audience.

I am assuming that the mixed sexed changing rooms are individual cubicles. Obviously an open, mixed sex, changing room would be a no-no, just as it was open, same sex, changing rooms. I prefer not to display my stretch marks to anyone!

Joy241 Mon 26-Sep-22 14:20:43

icanhandthemback

Kalu

I am assuming that the mixed sexed changing rooms are individual cubicles. Obviously an open, mixed sex, changing room would be a no-no, just as it was open, same sex, changing rooms. I prefer not to display my stretch marks to anyone!

icangivethemback and Kalu I so agree with both of you. It is bad enough up having to use a same sex shared area to change, let alone a mixed sex room, regardless of there being cubicles.

This also brings up the question of ‘self identifying female’ males in the same area, but this has been discussed at length on here I seem to remember

Aveline Mon 26-Sep-22 14:26:56

I'd give those shops a miss. Hit them in their pockets.

eazybee Mon 26-Sep-22 14:27:02

No. Absolutely not.

Septimia Mon 26-Sep-22 15:34:16

And if there are cubicles in unisex changing rooms, they need solid walls and doors, not curtains...

Still don't fancy them.

Katie59 Mon 26-Sep-22 15:36:05

They have unisex changing rooms at the local swimming pool does not bother me, but if it was just a curtain, that’s not on, it needs a solid partition.

MissAdventure Mon 26-Sep-22 15:50:12

Absolutely no way!
I don't even like getting undressed in my own company, let alone anyone else's.

sodapop Mon 26-Sep-22 19:32:19

grin MissA

karmalady Mon 26-Sep-22 19:46:18

not a cat in hells chance, either mixed sex or unisex. Another good reason to make all my own clothes grin

Blossoming Mon 26-Sep-22 20:24:48

I wouldn’t use any communal changing room. I’m very slow and have to sit down and it’s not easy at the best of times.

Shinamae Mon 26-Sep-22 20:27:00

Absolutely not

Jaxjacky Mon 26-Sep-22 20:54:15

Another plus of ordering online only.

Mollygo Mon 26-Sep-22 21:36:44

A plus of ordering online, but feeling compelled to do that because single sex changing rooms have been withdrawn is not a good idea.
They don’t have unisex changing rooms at our pool DG.