Gransnet forums

Chat

Goof Morning Thursday 29th September 2022

(43 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 29-Sep-22 05:52:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark as usual here in brackley but remains dry this morning.
My usual bus trip out to Bicester , i need a few more iron tablets as my prescription ones are running low, something to last me until I have the iron infusion .
So I am taking packet with me and will try pharmacists to see if I can get some to purchase .
Take Care,
Mick

[Title edited by MNHQ to fix date]

grandMattie Thu 29-Sep-22 06:00:02

Good morning from E Kent. The mornings are getting distinctly darker and colder, aren’t they?
I hope the travellers and those in pain/distress are doing ok.
I managed to finish the quilt yesterday, including the traditional addition of my initials and date on the reverse.
I had a very busy day yesterday with my lovely craft group, the a friend helped me shift furniture, leaving the little room free for the hospital bed, etc., arriving this afternoon (if all goes to plan).
Today, I have my first cara-a-cara Spanish class since 2019 which will be lovely. I shall give my teacher the finished patchwork for her 2yo DGD.
Trust today will be gentle to everyone. Carpe diem. ??❤️❤️?

Ashcombe Thu 29-Sep-22 06:42:48

Good morning, all, from a wet Torbay.

The quilt is beautiful, grandMattie! I hope you have no ill effects from your labours with the furniture and the delivery arrives as planned.

Mick: I expect you know that iron tablets bought over the counter will not be as strong as those prescribed by your GP. Are you not able to get a repeat prescription?

DH arrived home safely to his home in France last night, although a little woebegone due to a cold which struck yesterday morning. After he’d gone, I had my flu vaccination at Boots as I wanted it done well before my heart operation on Hallowe’en. (the date at the top today gave me a jolt, Mick!)

Wednesday Club at the Theatre was well attended to be entertained by a trio of musicians playing French themed songs. Their final number was the theme tune from ‘Allo, ‘Allo!

Congratulations to your dancing DGD, Taichinan! What an achievement and an exciting time ahead!

Enjoy whatever you’ve planned today. ?????

brook2704 Thu 29-Sep-22 06:46:31

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s just starting to get light and it looks a bit wet again
An early start for me as I’m off to visit DD1 and family today in Cambridge. I’m on the train this morning, so it’ll be a long journey. I don’t mind though as I’ve got my kindle, so I’ll read that or just sit and look out of the window
Your quilt is beautiful gMattie well done and hope all goes to plan with the arrangements today
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, take care all whatever the day brings ?

mumofmadboys Thu 29-Sep-22 07:00:30

Good morning all from a damp Cumbria. What a beautiful quilt GM. You are very talented. Today I am joining a U3A walk from Grasmere which should be good. Otherwise just making tonights meal and pottering. I have started tidying out the drawers in the dining room. Very satisfying as they are not huge and I fit one in when I have a spare twenty minutes.
Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Gingster Thu 29-Sep-22 07:03:08

Good morning and it’s just getting light here in Essex.
This morning we are travelling up to our cottage by the sea.
There will be clearing up in the garden and general tidying round as we haven’t been since beginning of the month. .

We’ll walk, read, and watch the sea , light the woodburner and generally relax. It’s been a horrid few weeks, so will do us good.

Lovely quilt GM.

I love a long train journey Brook - just sit and literally watch the world go by. Hope it’s trouble free for you ?

Hope your days are happy ones ?

Greyduster Thu 29-Sep-22 07:07:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Hardly light yet in South Yorkshire but it’s wet as far as I can see. Yesterday’s saunter round the car dealerships gave much food for thought but nothing wowed me and I feel as if I have a long way to go before I get what I want. Early days. Paperwork I must tackle today that I have been putting off.
Lovely quilt, Gm! Clever lady!
Have the best day you can folks.

Pittcity Thu 29-Sep-22 07:08:57

Good morning from sunny Seville.
Feeling a bit jet lagged despite only being an hour ahead. Think it was the long journey and not being able to get an evening meal until after 8pm last night (late for us)
It's going to be a hot week, hovering around 30° and we're exploring today. Lots of breaks methinks.
Love to all ? x

GrannyGravy13 Thu 29-Sep-22 07:10:36

Morning all,

Very hazy across the Mediterranean this morning, waiting to see the sun.

Beautiful quilt grandMattie

I had forgotten how much I love and miss this part of Spain, it was our family home for over 10 years. I confess that when I first landed I had a lump in my throat as mum & step-dad wouldn’t be here to greet us, first time ever ?

Enjoy your day, safe travels to those that are, sending healing vibes to those in need.
?‍♀️??

GrannyGravy13 Thu 29-Sep-22 07:11:39

Beautiful

ShazzaKanazza Thu 29-Sep-22 07:23:52

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a bright morning in Menorca.

grandMattie your quilt is beautiful what a labour of love. I’m sure your Spanish teachers 2 year old GD will treasure it forever.

Gingster enjoy your break you certainly deserve it.

My Dad had a pleasant birthday yesterday doing what he wanted. We took him for a lovely meal last night as a gift. The restaurant was recommended by their hotel manager thank goodness and not us because it wasn’t really his thing. He knows what he likes. He loved the ambience and setting though.

Today we are going over to have morning coffee with them in the bay but later I think DH and I will drive over to Binibeca and have some beach time on our own. Dads mobility makes walking on sand a no no so they aren’t fussed about coming.

Enjoy your day everyone and thoughts to those struggling with family stresses ??

Grammaretto Thu 29-Sep-22 07:32:01

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders..
I've enrolled for a course beginning this morning. It's in the same building where I taught for 30 years. It's handy for the best bookshop in Edinburgh so I shall browse for DGC.
My helper still has covid but suggested he could do some light work today. He is eating well so I'm not over worried.wink
Your quilt is lovely gMattie and you managed to prepare for your friend.
I was impressed when a hospital bed was brought to us that it was put together on site in a few minutes. It was brought upstairs here.

Enjoy your train journey Brook. Seville looks wonderful Pittcity.
Hoping your days go well.

Grammaretto Thu 29-Sep-22 07:35:34

It's still September though

ginny Thu 29-Sep-22 07:40:02

Good Morning all.
Today DH and I have our covid boosters. I don’t know why but I am feeling a bit anxious about it, which not like me.
Afterwards we will pick up MIL as she has a dentist appointment. DH will then take her to do some shopping whilst I go to Thursday sewing club.
Lovely quilt GM.
Wishing everyone a good day with a smile along the way.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 29-Sep-22 07:45:07

Good morning all from East Yorkshire. It looks like there was rain overnight but I didn’t hear it.

Lovely photos Shazza glad your Dad enjoyed his birthday. Sounds like a lovely day you have planned today.

Today I have prescriptions and my items from the dressmaker to collect, shopping delivery arriving and GS here later.

Love the quilt GM

Safe journey brook enjoy your visit to DD and family. I love a long train journey too.

Chrissielou Thu 29-Sep-22 07:47:01

A grey damp start here in Oxfordshire. I've had a very busy work week but can work at home today. My DD1 has an appointment with her consultant today, to review latest scan, hopefully after 8 months of treatment it is clear. At least I can accompany her now.
Beautiful quilt grandMattie you are so talented. Gingster enjoy your break, it sounds like the perfect getaway to me. We have large stack of logs but haven't lit the fire yet or turned on the heating.
I hope you all find some sunshine today.

cornergran Thu 29-Sep-22 07:54:19

Morning Mick, morning All from a damp looking corner of Somerset.

Our trip over the bridge went to plan but goodness we find it tiring these days. We were chatting with our friend, it’s six years since she fell down the stairs and broke her neck, very aware that the twice weekly trips wouldn’t be possible now. Time eh? My hospital procedure involved having one of those blue sheets resting on the side of my face, no idea what’s in them but my skin has objected, where it touched I’m bright red. I’ve had similar reactions before, I could definitely scare the horses this morning.

Must sort the car insurance today, does anyone else detest that job? Once that’s accomplished it will be on to the ironing. Oh well, it will feel good once it’s all done.

Beautiful quilt grandmattie. My thanks to the holidaymakers for sharing their images.

Have the best day you can everyone, hope Thursday is kind to us all.

Marydoll Thu 29-Sep-22 08:05:33

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where its 8°C.

Mick, I agree with Ash, a call to your surgery is what is needed to obtain more iron tablets, your clinicians need to be aware of what you are taking, especially in the light of your forthcoming surgery.
I don't wish to sound unkind, but self medicating is not really a sensible idea in the circumstances.

Brook, I hope you have a safe journey and it's not too boring. I love long train journeys.
What a skilled craftsman you are GM, I envy your talent, the quilt is lovely.
I hope all goes well today for the comings and goings.

A day of rest for me, doctor's orders. Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to have both a long telephone consultation and a visit to the surgery for urgent blood tests. The receptionist was so kind, when I called and the talk with my GP really helped.
He was very matter of fact, but kind and honest, which was what was required. I just needed to unburden myself to someone, I don't want to upset DH!

I have been displaying signs of heart failure and have yet another UTI on top of everything else, but I have no intention of wallowing, I have a long bucket list to fulfil.
Unfortunately, the receptionist mistakenly told me, that my biopsy results were back and a doctor would call.
I was in an extremely anxious state, by the time my lovely GP phoned.
They were not back!
Some of my meds were increased and I have yet another new one. I sent DH to the pharmacy with my new script, while I had my appointment.
DH was most impressed, when I walked into the pharmacy and my items were handed over, without even asking my name!
The staff joked that I'm in so often, I would be as well applying for a job there. ?
Hopefully that will help and by the weekend, I will be a new woman!

Wishing you all the best of days and good luck with any medical appointments.
I'm still in bed and will enjoy going back to read your posts.

Grandmabatty Thu 29-Sep-22 08:10:41

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 11° and there's blue sky amidst the clouds. I can see the window cleaner's van so he's around and about. Lots of travelling and wonderful photos of warmer climes today. Brook have a lovely family visit. I hope your journey isn't too tedious. Grandmattie I couldn't find the pattern at mum's yesterday and she wasn't in the best of moods. I'll have another look. Grammaretto enjoy your course. Fingers crossed for your daughter Chrissielou
Yesterday mum was grumpy and being nasty so it was a short visit. My friend on the other hand, was lovely and chatty so that helped. In the afternoon I put out my autumn stuff bar the Halloween decorations. They'll go up just before Halloween for dgs1.
Today I'm having a quiet morning then babysitting dgs2 this afternoon. Dd has a stay and play session at dgs1's
Nursery. Have a good day all.

Georgesgran Thu 29-Sep-22 08:12:29

Good morning from a wet Durham - the heating’s clicked on. ? for chrissie’s DD - she’s had a hard time. Hoping to have coffee with a friend this morning at her suggestion, but still waiting to hear where and at what time.
Please be careful taking over the counter meds Mick
Enjoy the sun those GN’s who are away, while the rest of us have the best day we can.

Any chance GN admin can change the date on the thread?

Jaxjacky Thu 29-Sep-22 08:14:10

Morning all from a damp s Hants, rained overnight, bright now. Love that quilt gMattie what skill ??
Thank you holidaymakers for the lovely pictures of warmer climes.
Enjoy the tranquility Gingster feeding the soul.
I’m off to M&S later to pick up thermals I’ve ordered, collection is in the food store, tempting.
Enjoy your day all ??

Gingster Thu 29-Sep-22 08:15:44

All the best for today Chrissie - I have pm’d you. ?

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 29-Sep-22 08:27:23

Morning all from Norfolk. What a beautiful quilt GM. I was trying to find one I had started ages ago but it seems to have disappeared! Marydoll, I’m surprised your results are taking so long. I have had various tests recently and the longest has taken 10 days to come back. Hopefully we will get to Norwich today. It’s less than an hour away and the rain seems to be holding off. We are going back home tomorrow so today is the day. OH only wants to see the cathedral and museum and have lunch. Packing needs to be done today too as we have to leave the holiday barn tomorrow by 10 am.

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 29-Sep-22 08:32:07

Good morning from a damp Oxfordshire.

Beautiful quilt GM a family heirloom for the future, do you ever think that your lovely quilts will be handed down through families?
I’ve just read a book about the pioneers in the USA (Quakers) who needed 12 quilts for their marriage dowry, it was shameful if the brides family couldn’t come up with them.

Hairdressers today, then we start emptying the conservatory ready for the floor to be sanded on Monday, we have to find space for the 2 sofas, tables and chairs, which won’t be as easy as it sounded when we decided to have the work done.

Hope everyone with health problems soon start to feel better and we all find some joy in our day.

Sar53 Thu 29-Sep-22 08:34:13

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.

I love the quilt GM, what a lovely gift.

I'm off into town on the train later for a few bits and bobs. I finished my latest cross stitch yesterday, it's taken me a year and there were 28,000 stitches. I am going to buy a new puzzle and give that a go next.

Safe journey to all travellers and happy days to all on holiday.

Enjoy Thursday whatever you may be doing xx