Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 7th October 2022

(41 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 07-Oct-22 05:50:13

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start here in brackley this morning , today a pop into Bicester ,and then do some Fish & Chips in the air fryer .
I also have to ring a Oxford number to get my surgery appointment time for the Churchill a week Monday .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Fri 07-Oct-22 06:11:49

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s still dark. Himself is home safely from his long drive yesterday and is still asleep. City centre traffic on the last leg of the journey added extra time sadly, making it a 9 hours drive in total. Good job my uncle shared half of it.

We have no plans but doubtless the washing machine will be busy. Enjoy Friday all who can.

Ashcombe Fri 07-Oct-22 06:22:16

Good morning all from a fine, dry Torbay. You’re an early bird, Urmstongran! I like the Matt cartoon!

Yesterday saw wall to wall sunshine so I enjoyed the walk to the hairdresser’s and back, besides having my hair cut and coloured whilst chatting to the staff and clients. My lovely stylist has offered to make a home visit to me, if required post surgery.

Mick: fish and chips in the air fryer sounds like a good, healthy option and it uses less electricity. I’ve noticed for a while that Lidl give instructions on packets of wedges for cooking in an air fryer.

A quiet day at home when I’ll have no excuse to ignore the ironing any longer! Later, I’m on duty as a steward for The 39 Steps again at our theatre.

Wishing you all a good day. ?????

grandMattie Fri 07-Oct-22 06:22:59

Good morning from a still dark E Kent. I think it’ll be dry and probably quite nice today.
Urms, I put out a plea for the famous knitted Nativity on the WI Fb page and I got a pattern given to me from an Urmston WI member! Thought of you…. Started it last night.
After an exhausting day for my DL (dear lodger), she will have a quiet day today.
Not me. DD arrived at bedtime after a London meeting. We are taking stuff to the dump, going to the supermarket, sorting out DH’S clothes, and making some 6 dozen cupcakes for my old church on Sunday. The girls and SiL will arrive in the evening. Full house!
Hope everyone has a good day. Take care MD.
Carpe diem ????❤️

cornergran Fri 07-Oct-22 06:23:27

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s dark outside, looks dry.

Our wander took us to Wells yesterday after a garden centre breakfast. A warm, sunny day, it did us good I think.

Not sure what today will bring, see how it goes,

Good to hear your husband is home safely urms, a long drive. Good luck with your phone call mick, how are you feeling about it all?

Thinking of everyone finding the world a challenging place. Hope Friday is kind to us all.

Sar53 Fri 07-Oct-22 06:43:50

Good morning everyone from Essex by the sea.
I'm off to Leamington a little later for a few days with DD1 and family. Her youngest is 7 on Sunday so a party on Saturday and she has requested bowling on Sunday.
A long journey, 2 trains and two tubes, but I can sit and read and look out of the window.
Enjoy Friday whatever you may find to do xx

kittylester Fri 07-Oct-22 06:52:22

Good morning all from a still dark North Leicestershire.

Not sure what is happeningvhere today but I am recovering from the excitement of going downstairs and managing to get back upstairs at bed time yesterday.

brook2704 Fri 07-Oct-22 07:22:25

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s just getting light and it looks fairly dry, we’ll probably have sunshine and showers later like the last few days
Today I’m off to the gym for the Aqua zumba class and then pop to Tesco to get some shopping for the weekend. When I was at DD1s a few days ago she cooked some a delicious new meals that I’m going to try, they probably won’t taste quite the same though as she’s a really good cook, but will try!
Enjoy your weekend Sar it sounds fun and safe travels
Good that your travellers are all home safely Urms
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 07-Oct-22 07:34:12

Morning all

It’s a grey start here in S E Essex, I am off to the gym this morning, DH will pick up The Imp from pre-school at lunchtime and amuse him whilst I prepare the ingredients for Christmas Chutney (my grans recipe) along with peeling onions for pickling. I cook ham each for the AC and they get pickled onions and a jar of chutney with it as an extra Christmas gift.

Pleased your dear man is home safe and sound Urmstongran

My thoughts and prayers are with Baggs and her family, hope she is able to visit her DD today.

Have your best day folks ?‍♀️?

BlueBalou Fri 07-Oct-22 07:34:27

Good morning everyone, it’s a pink-sky here in Wiltshire this morning. I’ve been awake since 5 so when gave up trying to get back to sleep I came downstairs and prepped a beef casserole in the slow cooker, set up the dehydrator with trays of sliced tomatoes (they’ll keep for months in the fridge once dried), put the dishwasher on and now I’m having a coffee.
I want to spend time today cutting squares for more Somerset quilting and getting on with my knitting.
DH said he’ll walk DDog; she’s still sound asleep ?
Have a good day and a lovely weekend everyone x

Beechnut Fri 07-Oct-22 07:35:38

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s cloudy and has been raining.

No shopping for me today. I did a small shop yesterday. I will change the bed, measure up for some new curtains in the hall and do some crafting. I’ve quite a few birthday’s this month.

Have a good day all ???

monk08 Fri 07-Oct-22 07:35:58

Good morning all from the Black country where the sun looks like it wants to make an appearance.
Urms you are an early bird, good your travellers arrived back safely but what a long journey.
grandMattie what a full on day but so nice you'll have your family with you.
DS is bringing little one today for lunch so it will probably be the trains all over the floor, that's his favourite at the moment.
Will pop over to the club this evening for a few hours.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Take care all enjoy your Friday and may you all find some ?.

BlueSapphire Fri 07-Oct-22 07:36:37

Good morning everyone from a dry Northampton, looks like we might get a bit of sunshine later. Yesterday was fine and dry and I managed to get the towels dry. Which reminds me that some washing is sitting ready in the machine, so I must switch it on.

Gasman coming this morning for an annual service, and hoping he can fix the gas fire remote as it no longer works, even though I have changed the batteries. After that, a trip to the shops on the bus for a top-up shop (including coffee and cake in M&S!).

Wishing all a good Friday.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 07-Oct-22 07:44:18

Good morning everyone, a bit of a mixed bag weather wise, cloudy but with some clear skies as well, we will see what happens with it later.
Off to Newbury this morning for our Boosters, we had a choice of Swindon or Newbury, the drive over the downs is preferable to the Swindon traffic, so that’s what we have opted for.
Kitchen is all back together but furniture can’t go back into the Conservatory for 10 days. Which we didn’t know about until he’d finished.
Had a quote for a wood burning stove, including taking out the old surround and marble came to £4,500!! I think it will be open fires for a while, we expected around 2k, but I think someone is taking the p…. Oh and he can’t do it until January and he can’t guarantee that the price won’t go up before then!
Anyone with Grandchildren out there - get them to learn a trade, they will save the family a fortune and earn a very good living.
Anyway, hope all have a good day and find some sunshine.

ginny Fri 07-Oct-22 07:45:21

Good morning all.
Woke up and had a bit of a panic as I couldn’t remember what I was doing today. Grabbed my diary and…, today is empty!
So, sheets to dry outside, I ‘ll bake a cake for the weekend and make a start on the ideas for decorations that will go on our craft clubs tree for the local C **** tree festival.
Wishing everyone a good day especially those with illness or other problems.

baubles Fri 07-Oct-22 07:47:37

Good morning all from damp South Lanarkshire.

My first day back to work on Wednesday went well although I didn’t do any actual work, just reacquainted myself with procedures.

We spent some of yesterday shopping with DoutL to replace all the bedding and towels which DH managed to lose last week. It was blowing a hooly, we had to hang on to the car doors as we got in and out and my hair looked as though I’d been electrocuted.

DD will be working from here today so we can have a catch up over lunch.

Have the best day possible everyone.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 07-Oct-22 07:48:49

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull. Missing Menorca already.
It’s a breezy morning.
I’m not going to rush to unpack today and wash I can’t see us needing summer clothes now.
It took us longer to drive from Manchester airport to Hull than to fly from Menorca to Manchester. Traffic!!
We’ve had a walk around the garden and it looks colourful from the rain. The runner beans are huge so they will need to go to compost and there are loads of red tomatoes starting to split so they will be roasted and blended.

Today I’m going to do a zoom yoga class. I really need to stretch. I also need to detox for a few days and lose a few pounds. Not easy. Later I’ll pick up Grandson from school. He will give big smiles and jump up and down when he sees me but of course then run past me avoiding a cuddle lol. Missed him and the girls.

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today. Thinking of you all??

Pittcity Fri 07-Oct-22 07:55:25

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another mild day here with no rain forecast until late afternoon.
Got most of the holiday washing done yesterday and it was lovely drying weather. So I've got ironing to tackle this morning.
We're on school pickup duty for DGS2 this afternoon and are watching his assembly first.
Love to all ? x

Gala Fri 07-Oct-22 07:58:12

Good morning from Sefton. Dry, dismal & blowy here although the forecast says rain all day.

Went to see Mrs Harris went to Paris (but filmed in Budapest I believe) an enjoyable feel good film. I like quirky British films with "proper" actors, not stars/celebs. And those frocks were gorgeous. By the time we came out my Covid jab after effects had subsided.... a bonus.

Dance exercise class & Pilates this morning. Then off to see a local musical show - songs from the shows I think - with a friend this evening. Pre theatre meal first.

Take care all.

Greyduster Fri 07-Oct-22 07:59:35

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Caught the tail end of the sunrise this morning and it is dry at the moment in South Yorkshire. I’m hoping it stays that way. The forecast was for rain, but my SiL has arranged for me to test drive a car this afternoon. I had my flu jab yesterday at the surgery and was offered the covid booster at the same time so then had to cancel the CB I had booked for Saturday morning at another centre. It was like pulling teeth but hopefully someone else will get that slot now. Dust removal this morning.
Have the best day you can folks.

Jaxjacky Fri 07-Oct-22 08:03:45

Morning all from high cloud in S Hants. Pleased your first day went well baubles.
Indoor bowls last night, I’m not enjoying it as much as the outside, MrJ loves it.
I’ve a slow cooker with cooled green tomato chutney to pot today, a bathroom to clean and a wash to put on.
Enjoy your day best you can ??

NanKate Fri 07-Oct-22 08:08:06

Morning Mick and All.

Sun and cloud here in South Bucks.

DH having his flu jab, I had mine last Sat with my COVID, then coffee and croissant at our lovely Italian.

I bet you staircase felt like Mount Everest Kitty. Get better soon ?

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 07-Oct-22 08:14:24

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I didn’t wake until gone 8 am! I have a quiet day today. Maybe a bit of baking. Next week promises to be very busy so it’s good I can have a quietish day today.

Marydoll Fri 07-Oct-22 08:15:04

Good morning all from wet Glasgow, where its currently 11°C.
Dad has cancelled the golf, so the weather must be bad!

Last night, I drove in the most horrendous rain, it was extremely scary, especially as the road works were already causing chaos and it was pitch black. I have never been so relieved to get home!
I usually avoid driving in the dark, but my meeting went on longer than expected, the attendees had no conception of the importance Safeguarding or health and safety, when working with children.
I went into scary teacher mode, when I met the brick wall. ?
All amicably resolved now, it was indeedhard work.

A small shop in Sainsbury's , pushing heavy trollies is a no, no now! (note to self to avoid the clothes section) and then my sixth Covid and 'flu vax in the next village, where DD lives.
The timing is not great, as we have Dollie all weekend. It's DS1's birthday today and DS and DIL are going on an all day date tomorrow.
I have had severe side effects after previous vaccinations and after listening to some of your experiences, I'm not holding out much hope for an easy ride! ?

I planned to pop in and give my approval of the windows, ?, but SIL , who usually works from home, is going in to work.
DD had messaged me, feeling really upset. They got the new windows fitted yesterday, but when the fitters took out the bathroom window, they discovered there was no lintel.? A bricklayer is needed urgently.

I'm so saddened to hear the news from Baggs, one of our Glesca Grannies. Tough times ahead, as many on here will know from experience.

GM, I hope all goes well with your family this weekend and thank you for your good wishes. I am struggling a bit, I keep yawning (so embarrassing in company) and falling asleep, due to my heart failure. A change in pace ? is required, but I don't take a telling!

I hope the weary travellers are safely home and for those with appointments today, I hope all goes well.

Georgesgran Fri 07-Oct-22 08:16:16

Good morning from Durham. A windy start to the day, but it is now very still and pouring with rain. I’m taking a friend to an appointment at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle - it will be strange for me, as she is going to the same department DH attended - at least I know the parking situation there. The gardener is due this morning, but not the best weather to be working outside.
Once home this afternoon, there’s plenty of jobs in the house to see to.
Have a good day. X