Gransnet forums

Chat

The English, anyone else love the scenery?

(7 Posts)
foxie48 Sun 27-Nov-22 16:30:13

I've just finished watching The English on Iplayer. A dark, violent story, sometimes a bit difficult to follow partly because the sound wasn't that good but what glorious scenery! TBH I'd have watched it with the sound off just to drink in the huge skies, fabulous colours and just the immense open country of the American Mid West. It's made me want to book a riding holiday there. OH was much less impressed and fell asleep but I loved it. Anyone else?

mrswoo Sun 27-Nov-22 17:44:24

I feel a bit mean telling you this … but apparently it was actually filmed in Spain due to Covid restrictions. DH has been watching it on iPlayer too and is finding it hard to believe that it isn’t the Mid West. I think he feels a bit cheated!

tanith Sun 27-Nov-22 18:04:37

I’ve been watching ‘Yellowstone’ which similar amazing scenery but of Montana there are 5 series so a good long watch.

I’m also enjoying The English but I only watch one episode at a time.

MayBee70 Sun 27-Nov-22 18:13:59

I love everything about the series. Currently rewatching it.

Grandmabatty Sun 27-Nov-22 18:14:10

I really enjoyed it! I loved the scenery regardless of where it was filmed. Very violent,yes but really interesting

Calendargirl Sun 27-Nov-22 18:39:56

I have just watched as far as episode 3. Agree about the scenery.

Pity so much is in the dark, often can’t follow what’s going on because it’s hard to see what I’m supposed to be looking at!

foxie48 Sun 27-Nov-22 19:25:08

That's really interesting and explains why the horses didn't look like your usual western horse, I kept saying they were Spanish horses to OH, they had too much neck. Apparently it was filmed not far from Madrid, well it was still glorious scenery