Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 29th November 2022

(70 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 29-Nov-22 05:46:36

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark start but dry and maybe cold outside here in brackley this morning.
Today , I plan to go to Bicester first, and then bus it to Buckingham where I plan to have some lunch and a browse around before bus home , I hoping to meet people I have got to know there as well .
I did my Christmas Cards yesterday ,and will send today as to the postal situation .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 29-Nov-22 05:58:28

Good morning from a dry E Kent.
I have sent the DGDs a card Advent calendar each. They will have been given the fancy chocolate ones by their doting, other DGPs.
Yesterday, DL’s friend came down from Croydon and I was charged with feeding her both lunch and dinner…. I made a delicious chicken and green olive tagine. This woman told me that she didn’t eat “dead meat” which set my imagination on fire 🤣 until I realised I had misheard “RED meat” 😂
First thing this morning, DL will be going Gravesend way to the prosthetic clinic. For some reason, it had been delayed as, normally, patients are referred soon after amputation, hers was In early August. Her friend came down to take her. I refuse to be shamed into doing it.
I have allowed an acquaintance to park on my driveway as the annual parking permit has shot up this year. She is taking me out to lunch, after tai chi, to thank me. Very kind of her.
Hope those with troubles have some relief today. Have a gentle day, one and all. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩❤️

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 29-Nov-22 06:26:06

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. Of course I’m still in bed - it’s only 6.20 am. I will do our Waitrose shop today since I was in Bath yesterday. I also have a batch of Charity shop items, including our old lounge curtains, to drop off. There are bits of admin for me to do and those Christmas cards won’t write themselves! Apparently Santa is buying my granddaughter a pink electric guitar and amp for Christmas. It is suggested that we buy each other ear plugs! Have a peaceful day.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 29-Nov-22 06:35:30

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a dark and dry Lanzarote.

Not much to tell you all about today, pool, sun, reading maybe a bit of drawing for the November art thingy, then out for dinner.

GM it’s a bit worrying that your DL won’t have her prosthetic until after she moves into her home, I imagine you are counting down the days, as someone said yesterday I would have taken the dog instead!
Have a good day everyone, I will pop back in later to see the rest of the posts.
Hugs and best wishes for those who aren’t so chipper today.

Grandmabatty Tue 29-Nov-22 06:44:02

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 0° and damp. I might need to scrape the car soon. Oopsadaisy sun and a pool sounds wonderful. Grandmattie you have been so generous to your friend. Time she was going.
Today is childcare day number two which will be a repeat of yesterday. Out for a walk this morning, then nap then out for a walk after lunch then nap. Wish that was me! Dgs1 still isn't right so he's having another day off nursery and will be with me too. Have a good day all

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 29-Nov-22 06:54:08

Just remembered I took a photo last night at 6.14 from the restaurant. Puerto Del Carmen.

Sar53 Tue 29-Nov-22 06:59:15

Good morning from a chilly Essex by the sea.
Yesterday didn't go to plan as there were numerous problems on the M25. Luckily I managed to order online something I was going to buy in Bluewater.
Today I need to pick up our prescriptions from the local chemist and have a walk by the sea.
Here's wishing you all a pleasant Tuesday xx

baubles Tue 29-Nov-22 06:59:38

Good morning all from darkest South Lanarkshire. When I type South predictive text gives me the option of Africa, Dakota, or Florida. I feel quite dull giving my location.

It was a tremendously busy day in our charity shop yesterday, we took in forty five bags of donations, people are having massive pre Christmas clear outs.

Today I may write some cards but then again I may just fritter the day away, there are always more angels to be made.

Have the best day possible everyone.

karmalady Tue 29-Nov-22 07:01:15

Good morning, oh dear s somerset is going to be fog and gloom all day today, I must do cheery stuff

Except I need to upload a virus renew, I hope it is not tricky. I don`t like it when some things change, I was the same with phone contract choce

I slept well again, very thankful for that. Very warm too, bathed in pure wool. A welsh blanket on top of my wool duvet has turned my bed into a nest, very suitable for this hibernator

Jaxjacky Tue 29-Nov-22 07:01:58

Good morning from S Hampshire, apparently it’s 5 degrees outside.
You have the patience of a saint gMattie you need your own DL calendar to count down the days.
Friends returning from a months holiday tomorrow, so I’ll get some basic groceries and do a last post clearance in their house. This afternoon a man is coming to look at a vertical blind that needs sorting.
Enjoy your day 🦩🦩

Ashcombe Tue 29-Nov-22 07:04:00

Good morning from a chilly one in Torbay, but not as cold as in Polmont, Grandmabatty Brrrh!

I hope you enjoy your lunch, Mick, likewise grandMattie - a well deserved treat! Your plans for the day sound ideal, Oopsadaisy! Beautiful photo! Sorry you had to abandon your trip, Sar53 but a partly good outcome with the online order.

As, I type, the street sweeper truck is ploughing up and down to clear the leaves but it’s not very easy to achieve with the number of cars parked on each side. Our council workers do try but suffer much (not always justified) criticism.

DH and I hope to visit our theatre this morning to meet the Props team for coffee. My first visit there in five weeks!

I hope the day brings more smiles than tears. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Nov-22 07:07:22

Good morning, it is still dark in Leicestershire.

Cleaning fairies this morning the out for lunch as it’s DH’s birthday.

Hoping everyone has a good day.

Beechnut Tue 29-Nov-22 07:08:23

Good Morning everyone from a very dark Severnside. I wondered where my dressing gown was this morning as I got out of bed then remembered I’d washed it yesterday so here I am in my bed jacket.

I’d just got connected up and starting to have a FaceTime chat with my oldest brother yesterday and the man turned up to service the boiler. We’ll have another go today. It’ll be their breakfast time and my lunchtime almost.

How many more L days have you to go Mattie ?

Have a good day all 🌺

Beechnut Tue 29-Nov-22 07:09:05

Beechnutella sent me this yesterday.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 29-Nov-22 07:14:32

Morning Mick and all

Still not properly light here in S E Essex, no idea what the weather is doing. I have an early appointment at the opticians to pick up my new glasses.

Then it’s the annual Christmas Ladies Lunch Fund Raiser for our local hospice. I have been going to this since my dear Mum was looked after so well in her last days in the hospice, one of our friends is on the fund raising committee so we have a table of twelve, some of us are school gate friends and some are gym buddies . Lots of chat, wine and laughter, really looking forward to it.

(((Hugs))) to all our morning friends with illness or family worries.

Have your best Wednesday folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

ginny Tue 29-Nov-22 07:15:39

Good Morning a lovely excursion in Agadir yesterday. We nearly became extra in a film being made at a Kasbah that we visited Beautiful weather which we took advantage of. Today we have a day at sea. There will be plenty to keep us entertained.
Healing thoughts for those who need them and wishing a good day for everyone.

Gingster Tue 29-Nov-22 07:16:15

Good morning all and it’s still dark here in Essex. I’m having a cuppa before getting ready for my day trip to Penshurst Place in Kent. Yesterday the traffic to and from Kent was problematic , so I hope it’s clear today. At least we’re not driving , so we’ll relax and chat on the coach. It’s a U3A trip so we know most people going. I’m picking my friend up at 8.30.

Dh is expecting a chap to come along and fit a chimney cap. The rain we’ve had recently has been pouring down and goodness knows where the water is going. We have a gas , look alike log burner so it must be in there. Don’t think we’ll be able to use it again! Oh well that will save on energy bill.

Wishing you all a pleasant day. 😊

Gingster Tue 29-Nov-22 07:18:34

Great pics ginny. Very biblical looking.

mumofmadboys Tue 29-Nov-22 07:24:13

Good morning all. Cold in Cumbria this morning.Our UA family moved out yesterday. The house is VERY quiet!! I have lots of cleaning to catch up on but meeting friends today for a wander in Carlisle and lunch out. I'm avoiding cooking for a bit having cooked for 6 most days for seven months.Simplicity rules! Thinking of those with worries/ illnesses and hoping everyone has the best day possible

Grandmadinosaur Tue 29-Nov-22 07:28:41

Good morning all from East Yorkshire. Not quite light but dry.

I took a bag of stuff to a charity shop yesterday baubles I hadn’t been to this one before but they had a huge receptacle by the door to put donations in. It was quite full. A bit sad about parting with mine. It was my blue and white china that decorated my previous Welsh dresser. My new one is more modern and it doesn’t go. My grandma helped me to collect the China when I was getting married mostly from flea markets etc.
Lovely photos Ginny it’s nice to see that sky after only seeing a grey one here for many days now.

Hoping brook had a good day in Nerja yesterday. Lovely place.

My usual Tuesday here - coffee morning and GS coming after school.

Have a good day everyone.

monk08 Tue 29-Nov-22 07:29:53

Good morning all from the Black country, curtains still closed so don't know what the weather is doing.
Yesterday turned out nice and sunny after the fog lifted so we went for a stroll around the arboretum.
Today we need to pick up DH new glasses and will have a look around M&S outlet, might pick up a few pressies.
Enjoy your lunch GM
Happy birthday Mr dragonfly and best wishes to anyone else celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your Tuesday and may you all find some 🌞.

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Nov-22 07:31:50

You must feel a real sense of achievement MoMB now your family have become independent. I do admire you.

Urmstongran Tue 29-Nov-22 07:35:50

Here’s Matt. It’s nice to start the day with a smile and he’s always so topical. Seeing that I realised Himself will be tuned in tonight at 7pm.
⚽️

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s still dark. No idea of the forecast. The 7:30am train into Oxford Road Manchester has just pulled up onto Platform 1.

We’re picking my stepfather up late morning to go to the M&S Food Hall near him at White City. Funny to think that in the 50’s and 60’s it was the very popular greyhound dog racing venue. All knocked down and redeveloped now. I think we are a nation of shoppers.

I just weighed myself and am delighted to say I’ve now lost 1st. More to go but I’m so pleased. Thank you ‘Orlistat’ for keeping me focused. Something needed to! I’m back to the GP surgery a week on Monday for another prescription. When I lose another 5lbs (NY maybe?) I’m going to treat myself to a half bottle of champagne to celebrate.
🍾🥂

Have a good Tuesday if you can. x

Jaxjacky Tue 29-Nov-22 07:36:30

Happy Birthday Mrdragonfly 🎂🎉

grandMattie Tue 29-Nov-22 07:36:35

Beech, L leaves on 12 December, so just, just under a fortnight…. Phew. And I’m not a doggies person, so no dog, thanks! 🤣