Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 5th December 2022

(55 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 05-Dec-22 05:50:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks dry outside here in brackley this morning.
A very early breakfast for me as I am not allowed food for 6 hours prior to having the Endoscopy with camera look down me via my mouth at JR in Oxford.
Return home later and have something good after meal wise maybe a soup .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 05-Dec-22 06:19:27

Good morning from a still dark E Kent. It will be marginally warmer but drizzly today. What a dreary few days we’ve had recently.
All the est with the endoscopy, Mick. Not a very pleasant procedure.
I had a lovely couple of hours, having dinner with my dog walking friends. They really area delightful couple.
WI Carol service in our local church for our group of 7 institutes who meet twice or three times a year.
I hope that the poorly have a better day, the unhappy manage to cope, and everyone has a gentle day.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩

Grandmabatty Mon 05-Dec-22 06:42:24

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 5° and damp. Mick good luck later on. I hope it goes well. Grandmattie sounds like you had a nice time.
Yesterday I went to my art tutor's exhibition for a little while then to M&S on the way home. I did the usual housework etc and watched A Muppet Christmas Carol in the afternoon.
Today is a childcare day so pick up, nursery etc. Sil is coming for the boys at night and getting my tree down from the loft. Have a good day all.

Ashcombe Mon 05-Dec-22 06:59:54

Good morning from a chilly Torbay.

Yesterday morning, wearing enough layers to visit the Arctic (!), I toddled over to church, on my own! My first outing without DH. He watched from the flat and was on hand in case I needed to text for help after the service but I managed, I’m pleased to say.

After that, we hibernated and I made a start on the Christmas cards, starting with DH's contacts, including the French ones. Like many jobs that one postpones, it’s the starting that’s the hardest part to overcome.

All the best to Mick with the endoscopy today. I’m glad you had an enjoyable Sunday, *grandMattie, with the chance to relax with friends. A welcome change.

Have a good week, everyone, and keep warm! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Grandmadinosaur Mon 05-Dec-22 07:07:39

Good morning all from East Yorkshire. It’s still dark outside.

Hoping all goes well for your procedure Mick

A quiet day for us yesterday. A trip to B&Q, coffee out and I sorted my jewellery in my new armoire. I have a bag full of costume jewellery to send to the charity shop. DH went to watch the football with DS so I had a lovely few of hours listening to a couple of radio programmes. I’m glad England are progressing as I have them in a sweepstake.

Today I have my hair appointment. I want to do my Christmas cards before I go so that I can post them in the main post box close by.

Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Mon 05-Dec-22 07:08:06

Good morning all from a showery Glasgow, where its 5°C.

Good luck Mick, I found my procedure in June wasn't as bad as I feared. Having no sedation meant I could go home almost immediately.
Am I mistaken? Is this the second one you have had recently?

DH has just brought me a cuppa and a hot water bottle for my joints and to inform me that his golfing partner is unwell with Covid symptoms. I hope it isn't, since he was at a wedding on Saturday.
Bang goes my empty! 😒

I have no plans to go out today, apart from trying to get a GP appointment. Not holding out much hope for that.

Wishing you all a pleasant day keeping those who are poorly in my thoughts and prayers.

Grandmadinosaur Mon 05-Dec-22 07:08:35

That must have given you a boost Ash that you managed your outing to church by yourself.

dragonfly46 Mon 05-Dec-22 07:18:33

Good morning from a very dark Leicestershire.

Hope your procedure goes well Mick.

Pilates first thing which sets me up for the week. Having sorted out Christmas plans yesterday with the family I must start getting the decorations down.
My DD is in the throes of buying and selling houses as as usual nothing is going to plan.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Susan56 Mon 05-Dec-22 07:19:50

Good morning from a very chilly Shropshire 🥶

We had a lovely day yesterday.We took DGD to her swimming lesson.When we took them home DD asked if I wanted to go shopping so we went into town for lunch and shopping and DH stayed home with SIL and the children.We stayed at their house for roast dinner then went into the village to watch the illuminated tractor run.

Today I have a podiatrist appointment this morning then will spend the rest of the day catching up on my to do list.

I hope your appointment goes well Mick.Like Mary I had no sedation and found it wasn’t too bad.

Hope the childcare goes well Grandmabatty.

Have the best day you can everyone.🎄🎅🏼

baubles Mon 05-Dec-22 07:20:00

Good morning all from chilly South Lanarkshire.

Good luck today Mick.

Well done Ash, that first outing on your own is a big step on the road to recovery.

Yesterday I made a start on decking the halls by putting up my tree, early for me but it’s comforting to relax and enjoy the lights.

Work today, I’m sure it’ll be a much quieter day than Saturday.

Have the best day possible everyone.

cornergran Mon 05-Dec-22 07:24:46

Morning Mick, morning All from a dry, cold corner of Somerset.

A successful catching up, quiet day yesterday. Off out to Wells today. A wander there before Christmas is getting to be a bit of a tradition. We’ll enjoy a (far too) large breakfast on the way and a stop at a favourite garden centre on the return journey.

Hope all goes well today mick. Take care everyone, stay warm. Hope Monday is kind to us all.

kittylester Mon 05-Dec-22 07:29:31

Good morning all from a dark and very cold North Leicestershire.

Not a lot happening here today. DH is off to the gym and I am expecting the phlebotomy team to call to take yet more blood.

Sending best wishes to everyone.

BlueBalou Mon 05-Dec-22 07:32:26

Good morning everyone, it’s a cold dry start here.
I need to pop into town this morning for a few bits, pick up dog wormer from the vets and maybe have a coffee somewhere.
I’ve found the Christmas cards so this afternoon I will start writing them.
Hope you all have a good day x

peli Mon 05-Dec-22 07:36:00

Good morning everyone. Mick, I hope your app't goes well! Perhaps you can think of a good "treat" to have once you're back home.
It's dry outside now, but rain is on its' way by mid-morning. I'm going out to (hopefully) buy some narrow sage green velvet ribbon. It's to tie up some frosted, glittery "greenery" & silver bells. (I'm like a magpie for sparkly things...) In my head I think it will be simple - the reality will probably be quite a faff, lol!
Sorry to have run on so much! Hope today is good for everyone!

brook2704 Mon 05-Dec-22 07:36:55

Good morning everyone from Inverness where we’ve a heavy frost and its very cold at about 0º
We had a long travelling day home yesterday but all went to plan. SiL picked us up from the airport and we went back to DD2s house for a cuppa. The DGC were both in bed asleep so I didn’t get to see them but I did tip toe into their rooms and gave them a quick kiss on the forehead.
Today I’m going back to the gym and then a big shop in Tesco. We’d got all the Christmas decorations out of the garage before we went away so we’ll be putting them up this afternoon. Thank you all for all your lovely messages whilst we’ve been away, it’s always difficult to know how much happy holiday news and pictures to post when we’ve got many posters on here with struggles and worries.
I hope your procedure goes well today mick
Well done Ash on your first solo outing
Normal service has been resumed here, DH has just brought me a big mug of tea and we’ve breakfast TV on in English 😀
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and care all whatever the day brings 💐

Urmstongran Mon 05-Dec-22 07:39:35

No Matt = Monday.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It’s dark, but dry and still out. Yesterday was the same - no icy wind so it was fairly pleasant with some watery sun. I read there was snow forecast this week in parts heading our way from the east.

We are off to let the carpet cleaner in at our daughter’s this morning. At first they considered getting a new one but decided that as they’ve got major building work taking place downstairs next spring, they’ll get one when it’s all done.

Home for the afternoon then out to take the Boy Wonder and L’il Miss to their swimming lessons later.

Hope your procedure goes well Mick it’s unpleasant but you’ll be glad to get it done before Christmas. Glad to hear you had some ‘me time’ yesterday grandMattie especially as your lodger has friends staying at yours tomorrow and Wednesday. Not long to go now dear lady, a week I think but who’s counting? A great achievement yesterday Ash it will have given your confidence a boost. Trust brook slept well in her own bed last night!

Pittcity Mon 05-Dec-22 07:40:15

Good morning from a dark, cold but dry Colchester. DH went fishing an hour ago so I am still under the duvet.
I have to wait in for a parcel to be collected so will take the opportunity to sort my drawers out. We had to buy Mum some nighties when she went into hospital last week and I've realised that my nightwear needs replacing.
Mum has been taken off her oxygen and has moved ward yet again. She hasn't been sent to a convalescent hospital yet. I expect somebody misheard something along the line. The perils of long distance relationships.
Love to all 🦩 x

Wyllow3 Mon 05-Dec-22 07:41:54

Good Morning from the Durham Area.

Driving home this morning, hoping an errant tyre will hold out or its the AA from a service station. Caught a nice natter with DiL last night, rare as they are so busy. Hope its a dry M1.

Bests with the endoscopy, Mick progress there Ash, and good luck for other procedures and getting appointments.

Yup, c cards on the "must complete" list.

Gingster Mon 05-Dec-22 07:46:52

Good morning all and it’s dark, cold and still, here in Essex.

DS1 is coming this morning to put our outside lights up and get our decs down from the loft. He is like a whirlwind so our heads will be 🤯, by the time he leaves. He has a week off as he starts a new job next week. Lovely chap! ❤️.

U3A concert this afternoon with lots of different groups entertaining. It is hilarious. Our Chimes group weren’t required this year 😢🤔😂.

A busy week ahead and we must find a few days to get up to our cottage by the sea. The plasterer has finished so we need to get the room back in order and also pay the man. I have a Christmas meal booked with my book club up there, so will try to coincide dates. Not easy as DH has a neurologists appointment and DD needs help and support. 🙏.

Good luck today Mick
We’ll done with your first outing alone, Ash. You’re doing so well.👏.
I do hope you all have a ‘good’ day, whatever it brings. 🤞

brook2704 Mon 05-Dec-22 07:50:57

Thanks Urms I did! 😴

Beechnut Mon 05-Dec-22 07:53:19

Good Morning all from Severnside. It’s getting light and doesn’t feel as cold this morning. I find I’m staying in bed longer these mornings even though I’m waking around the same time as always. It’s just nice to lie there all cosy.

We bought a few things at the Christmas Fayre yesterday including a lavender jelly that I like to have in a cheddar sandwich. I also put up my new picture. It’s just a piece of wrapping paper I fell in love with and I stapled it onto a canvas.

Holiday news is good to hear brook and all the photos I enjoy.

Hope everything goes well today for you all especially you Mick 🎄🦩

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 05-Dec-22 07:57:29

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I should think about getting up soon! OH and I are going out for lunch again! It is a get together of people who used to work together at a company in Reading many years ago. In fact it is where OH and I first met in 1974! He was a young graduate engineer and I was a secretary. We married in 1976 and went to live in Seychelles for a couple of years. The guy who organizes these get-togethers spent Christmas with us in 1977 in our beautiful bungalow which overlooked the sea. Those were the days. We were young, in our twenties, permanently tanned and no children. Anyway, we are meeting at a restaurant near Reading. I think there will be quite a few of us. Have a peaceful day, especially those of you who are having difficult times.

NannyJan53 Mon 05-Dec-22 08:07:07

Good morning from a damp and grey Black Country.

Housework and baking yesterday. Made 2 Date & Walnut loaves to cook whilst chicken was cooking.

Over to Mums today to take her to and appointment to have a 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted. As she says "I wish they would leave me alone"! Had a minor crisis yesterday as I usually make a video call around 5.30pm, but she wasn't answering. Rang the landline, which is a very loud ring. Tried this for almost an hour. So asked DD (who lives 10 mins drive away) to pop round. She was fast asleep and they had a job to wake her!

She has a key safe outside, but her door wasn't locked as she said she doesn't lock it in case she is ill and someone can get in! shock I reminded her of the key safe, which she had totally forgotten about.

Not got round to writing Christmas cards. Think next year I will do the same as my cousin, who announced over social media and Whats App etc that this year instead of sending out cards, they will donate to a local charity.

Good luck for today Mick

Wishing you all a happy Monday

Anniebach Mon 05-Dec-22 08:08:58

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Stilllearning Mon 05-Dec-22 08:09:17

Another good morning from S Lanarkshire. I was able to read yesterday but couldn’t post, that’s the first time that has happened to me. Involved a great search for password list!
Yes I know they shouldn’t be written down!

Well done on solo trip Ashcombe, another step forward, and welcome to the new posters.

Post school childcare today and then an unexpected treat. DD is taking me to a concert in Saint Stephen’s church in Glasgow in support of SANDS. It’s the second one by the Glasgow Uni Medics Society and I’m looking forward to it.

Made a start on the cards yesterday but still lots to do so I’ll get on with that this morning. I am such a fouter, I annoy myself!

Wishing everyone the best day possible and warm thoughts to all who need them.🦩🦩🦩