Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 30th January 2023

(65 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 30-Jan-23 05:55:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but hopefully not so chilly and getting milder here in brackley .
Today, apart from household chores ,I plan to go to Bicester on the bus ,taking advantage of the £2 fare on offer .
Then returning home for lunch and cycling on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 30-Jan-23 06:01:25

Good morning from a dark E Kent.
The night was “enhanced” by a car alarm going off every 3 minutes through the night! Lovely (not).
I spent yesterday going through newly discovered stuff of DH’s. Why he needed to keep boxes of paper clips, old, perished elastic bands and dried out biros, I’ll never know. I also found 8 wallets…. Still got most of the cubby hole to sort out.
I’ve got a meeting with the estate agents today. I shall be strong!
I hope today and this week treats you kindly. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Ashcombe Mon 30-Jan-23 06:34:02

Good morning from a cloudy Sarthe.

How tedious to hear a car alarm for most of the night, grandMattie. I hope your meeting with the estate agents is fruitful; perhaps he could negotiate with the potential buyers over price and completion date.

Yesterday, I managed to do some ironing for the first time since October and quite enjoyed it. (sad or what?!) To be on the safe side, DH dealt with the ironing board. Another milestone reached, nevertheless.

Have a good day, everyone! 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Grandmabatty Mon 30-Jan-23 06:46:29

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 5° and damp. The forecast is brighter though. Grandmattie I hope your meeting with the estate agent goes well. Ash ironing has never been a chore I enjoyed! But if it made you happy...
Yesterday was a quiet day after dgs1 went home. Today is childcare Monday so I'm up before the sky is awake and have grandma's nursery organised. ( I did it last night) It'll be pick up, then breakfast, the nursery drop off for dgs1, then home and playing with toys. Repeat, in reverse, sort of, later. Thank you to the ladies who expressed concern about DD. Hopefully there won't be a reoccurrence. Chicken curry for dinner tonight. Have a good day all.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 30-Jan-23 06:52:39

Good morning Mick and everyone from a dark Oxfordshire, dog woke me up at 5, just as well as she needed to ‘go’. She is now fast asleep and I’m wide awake.
A family member had a cataract op last week and is now blind in that eye, she is very bravely having her other eye done today, fingers and everything else crossed that she will be ok, her eyes are very bad so is left with no choice, poor lady I feel so sorry for her and totally helpless to do anything to help, she isn’t the easiest person to get along with and has refused to see us, at least one son is with her at the moment.
So, housework and laundry to do today and some legal paperwork to get done by lunchtime.
MrOops is still under the weather so another day of keeping warm, I’ll make chicken soup today, that will help.
I need something to cheer me up, so many close family members either unwell or waiting for hospital appointments and I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all.
Hope everyone has a good day and hugs for those who aren t so chipper.

kittylester Mon 30-Jan-23 06:57:19

Good morning all from North Leicestershire. It isn't raining and seems quite chilly.

DH is going to the gym today while I am helping on Week 5 of the current Carer's course.

This afternoon, we have a potential new cleaner coming to see whether she can cope with us.

Have a good day everyone.

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Jan-23 07:07:56

Good morning from Leicestershire.
Yesterday was so lovely I got the washing dry outside.

Pilates first thing then I shall chase up missing post.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 30-Jan-23 07:08:23

Good morning from the South Downs.
Weather set to be dry sunny ish and 10c!

Men coming today🤞🤞🤞 to start the ceiling. I must ring the men who are going to replace the ceiling and book a date asap.

Apart from that the house will be chaotic so I’ll retire to the garden.

Fish pie for dinner which we should have had yesterday, but neither of us were feeling hungry so we had two ryvitas and cheese each.

Haven’t had time to read any posts as must get a move on.

Hope everyone is holding up snd all have an excellent day.

ginny Mon 30-Jan-23 07:21:08

Good morning everyone.
I’m off to try my hand at some pottery work this morning.
Wishing you all a good day.

BlueSapphire Mon 30-Jan-23 07:23:25

Good morning everyone from a dry Northampton, still dark and 4° out, and a sunny day forecast. Up early as I shall go to yoga this morning.

Coffee and a quick lunch when I get back as I need to go into the town to the bank. An odd thing yesterday - I have been expecting a cheque (a refund for a cancelled holiday) in the post, and it hadn't come on Saturday, so there being no post on a Sunday,.was resigned to wait until today. Collected my newspaper from the letterbox yesterday (Sunday), about 10.30am and didn't notice anything else there. Some weird feeling told me to look again at lunchtime, and there stuffed into the letterbox was a very crumpled envelope - containing the long awaited cheque...... Very odd. So I am off to the bank today to pay it in.

Had a mini roast chicken crown yesterday, so will get the pressure cooker out and make a hearty chicken and veg soup for dinner tonight which will also last me until tomorrow.

Take care everyone and have a good Monday.

baubles Mon 30-Jan-23 07:34:17

Good morning all from South Lanarkshire, it’s not raining but I’ve no idea what the weather will do today.

This will be a busy week, I’m working an extra day plus I have a first aid course to attend.

We babysat for DD’s youngest two yesterday evening, they were delightful and we had some amusing chats.

I have to try to get through to the surgery this morning as I have to make an appointment to have blood tested. Fingers crossed 🤞.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

karmalady Mon 30-Jan-23 07:43:42

Good morning, I think it will be nice today, cool but nice

GM do not forget that estate agents have targets and survive on commission, they may well say to accept as that will help reach a monthly target. My EA was my niece who started her own (thriving) agency because of underhand tactics

I will be making a rich shin stew later and generally pottering

cornergran Mon 30-Jan-23 07:45:40

Morning Mick, morning All. Low cloud over our corner of Somerset.

A very lazy day yesterday, accomplished not a lot other than a roast meal. Mr C says it’s not Sunday without one. I disagree but then he asks for little so happy to oblige.

Should be meeting a friend for coffee this morning. It’s third time lucky we hope as life’s events forced cancellation of the last two. Other than that another I’ve no idea day, although I’ll try to iron before I go.

Hope the estate agent discussion is positive grandmattie. Good luck making your appointment baubles. Hope all goes to plan whitewave, you sound much calmer about the whole thing than I would be.

Take care everyone.

Grandmadinosaur Mon 30-Jan-23 07:45:44

Good morning all from East Yorkshire.

It’s so good to be home despite the mess that awaited us in the house. The house was rewired. There was dust everywhere and has been left with lots of holes cut out from the old plug sockets etc. including an ugly one on the recently done bathroom that is tiled also the tiles in the kitchen. Seems like one job has created another problem. We arrived home at 6.45 last night and didn’t sit down to eat anything till 9.45 after cleaning up.

DIL and I enjoyed Strictly and had really good seats. Journey home after went smoothly.

Today DH is taking the car in for MOT, I have my blow dry appt and we have the remainder of house clearing up.

Have a good day everyone.

Alygran Mon 30-Jan-23 07:49:35

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Clear blue sky here.
I had a lovely day with the family for DGS’s birthday yesterday. It was cold watching his football game. They won 5-3. Driving back was straight forward.
Today it’s another charity event, this time in Richmond. I’ll have a walk there afterwards perhaps to the waterfall or Easby Abbey.
The collection of paper clips and perished elastic bands makes me smile GM. DH’s desk (now mine) still has some of his boxes and pots and as for pens that don’t work…….
Wishing you all a good day.

Pittcity Mon 30-Jan-23 07:57:47

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Dry with a "feels like" temperature of 5° later according to my weather app.
This and that around the house and a walk to Aldi today.
Love to all 🦩 x

brook2704 Mon 30-Jan-23 08:07:15

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cloudy but dry and about 4º
That sounds like a lot of extra work grandmadinosaur, hope you get your house back to normal soon.
This morning we’ve got someone coming to service the central heating boiler, I hope he’s on time as I’m planning to go to the gym later and a bit of Tesco shopping.
Good that the cheque turned up BlueSapphire but definitely a mystery!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 30-Jan-23 08:08:43

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I have an appointment with the Dermatologist today. OH has to come too as it’s so difficult to park at the Oxford hospitals. Before the pandemic I had a skin cancer removed from my nose and now there is another small spot out of the blue on my face. If I have time afterwards, I will do a Waitrose shop and I’ve also noticed a pile of books which OH wants taking to a charity shop. Have a good day.

Marydoll Mon 30-Jan-23 08:09:28

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where it's 6 ° C, at least its not raining!

Another night of strange dreams, however, not as bad a the night terrors of Saturday night. They were bizarre, to say the least. New meds often do that too me.

Yesterday, I managed to repair two broken pieces of jewellery and make a blue sodalite bracelet and two amethyst ones.
Albeit, lying on top of the bed and not at the table!
I also found the peridot beads, I have been searching for since last summer, so once I perk up today, I may have ago at making a necklace to match the dress, I wanted them to match last summer!
However, I still don't feel up to going out. A severe angina attack yesterday has left me washed out, so another quiet day.
The most difficult task is to decide what's for dinner!

I spent much of the evening dealing with a scam email, which asked me to do something for my Parish Priest,. It was so convincing, even more so, when it was delivered to my Diocesan email account, rather than personal one and the display name was my PPs. Apparently my he was rewarding all church volunteers with a gift card. I was the mug, who was to buy them and I would be reimbursed. Eventually
It was quite a sophisticated scam and I, the IT guru, was almost fooled.🤬.
It left me quite unsettled.
Obviously the Diocesan offices were closed, but I managed to alert others, using the address book.

I hope there is some positive news, regarding the house sale, GM.
Small steps, Ash, well done.
Eight years ago, when my health deteriorated and I could no longer work, DH took over the ironing tasks and I have somehow managed to keep that going! 😉

For all of you with childminding activities, enjoy. With Dollie being at school, enjoying numerous clubs and me being so unwell, I really miss her. Video calls are lovely, but nothing beats a hug.
I thought this message alert DS received from the Echo dot in Dollie's bedroom may amuse some of you.
To put it in context, Dollie hates going to church, really, really hates going to church! 😉

I'm not faking this. I'm not well, I have a sore throat. I'm really, really not faking this, because I don't want to go to church. I'm actually really sick!
She was telling the truth, if slightly exaggerrating the situation. Going to drama club and inheriting her gran's genes, may have contributed to that!

Wishing you all a pleasant day and that those in the sick bay, myself included have a gentle day.

Urmstongran Mon 30-Jan-23 08:10:44

No Matt = Monday.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry and brighter than yesterday. I’m off out in an hour to see the nurse, get weighed and be issued with another prescription to aid my weight loss journey.

I shall get a takeaway coffee in the square first to see me on my walk through the park. By the time I finish the coffee, I’m there.

No other plans until 5pm when we will go round and pick the two little tadpoles up for their swimming lessons.

Hope Monday is good to us all.

fancythat Mon 30-Jan-23 08:11:21

I am fairly new to GN. Joined this month.
Well was here years ago for a short while, but cant even remember my previous username!
I may come across myself one day!

I like the chatty threads.
Would like to join this one, but dont want to put where I live apart from, down South? And people can make their own minds up?

Weather is overcast.
Quiet week coming up for me probably?

Do feel free to kick me off if you want to!

annsixty Mon 30-Jan-23 08:11:39

Good morning all.
I have missed a few mornings posting.
Bad nights have meant late mornings and by the time I have sorted myself the day has taken over.
Very quiet here, I have not been through the door for over a week but must make the effort tomorrow to go to the bank which now only opens 3 days a week.
My D rang yesterday and invited me to join her and my GD to 3 days in London just after Easter, I tentatively agreed but am having second thoughts, apart from being very expensive, I think it will be too much for me and I think I will stop them doing what they want to do.
I will think it over for a few days.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Marydoll Mon 30-Jan-23 08:18:30

Welcome back, fancythat!

I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly thread.

fancythat Mon 30-Jan-23 08:21:01

Thanks!

Liberty Mon 30-Jan-23 08:23:05

Good morning from a sunny and what feels like a milder Suffolk. I had a busy day yesterday in contact with 4 old school friends discussing our next get together in London in March. We have known one another for more than 65 years since we started at grammar school.

Our contact over all those years has varied especially when we all had young children as we live in different parts of the country but we have always been close. For the last probably 25 years we have met up 3 or 4 times a year,in London or in different cities and sometimes in the apartment belonging to one on the French Riviera.

We are thinking of going to see Cabaret at the Playhouse in Northumberland Avenue. Tickets are still available. Has anyone seen it? The reviews are very good.

I hope today is a positive one for all especially those with health or other worries of their own or of others close to you.