Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 2nd February 2023

(71 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 02-Feb-23 05:58:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning.
I am undecided what to0 do today .stay n or go out to either Bicester or Banbury unsure yet .
Take Care,
Mick

ShazzaKanazza Thu 02-Feb-23 06:05:33

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull. It sounds windy out.

I have an early start today as I need to have my uncle in Scarborough hospital by 8-15 to have his second cattaract operation a year after his first. He is special needs so he has to have a general anaesthetic. I am expecting a long day as I need to stay with him. He loves the attention though from the nurses and was an absolute star last year so I am expecting the same today. 🤞

Have a lovely day everyone and I hope those with stress and worries have some respite today 🌻🌻

grandMattie Thu 02-Feb-23 06:09:50

Good morning from a dry, dark E Kent. An alarm woke me up at around 0230, and I’ve been awake since then. Grrr.
I spent a productive afternoon with the estate agent filling in form, of which I made a fair copy for the solicitor this morning, to be accompanied by a myriad guarantees and certificates.
The buyer has also instructed her solicitor and there will be a valuation survey first thing tomorrow. Things are moving fast.
Marydoll, I don’t phone DD to ask if she wants this or that because everything, and I mean everything, that she does has to be passed by SiL. The reverse is also true. It is maddening. It drove Philip potty - choosing what shade of pale grey paint takes a week of discussion and negotiation….
I’m meeting a friend for coffee after Spanish, in the delightfully named “No Name shop”, which sits on the corner of - have you guessed? - No Name Street! 🤣
I hope you have a gentle day, and any difficulties mentalor physical, are bearable.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Thu 02-Feb-23 06:54:08

Good morning, s somerset seems to have turned the weather corner, towards spring

I will be oiling a big butchers block this morning and another smaller one, which must be vintage by now. The big one acts like a very useful kitchen island. I have to be in the mood as it is a boring job but worth looking after them

I decided to start using my hydraulic stepper, lots of push is needed by legs and puff soon follows. Pretty good tbh. It is in the kitchen, so I cannot ignore it

I hope the day is kind to all of you

Ashcombe Thu 02-Feb-23 06:58:51

Good morning, everyone, from a dry corner of Sarthe. Here are some photos from a short walk we took last night to view the wintry sunset.

It sounds as if things are moving quickly for your house sale, grandMattie, which is good news.
I hope all goes well for your uncle, ShazzaKanazza. It sounds like a responsibility which you are taking in your stride.

Our cleaner is due this morning so, after one coffee, I’ll ring a friend and then do some Toads Theatre admin involving welcoming new members by email. I can only cope with so much emotional angst from the cleaner but apparently DH “understands her”, according to her.

Wishing everyone a good day with relief from pain of any kind. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Feb-23 07:12:04

Morning Mick and all

I am off to visit Kensington Palace today with afternoon tea in the Orangery. I am taking my dear friend who had an 0 birthday before Christmas and this is my gift to her. She is very difficult to buy for as she has everything she needs and is not big in possessions. Last time I visited with my late Mum, sister and DD it really is one of my favourite Palaces.

Will report back tomorrow
Wishing you all a good day 🙋‍♀️🦩

Marydoll Thu 02-Feb-23 07:13:18

Good morning all from the cardiology unit of the Queen Elizabeth hospital Glasgow, where I was unexpectedly invited last night. That will have got your attention. This not where I usually go for cardiology appointments, I bypassed my local hospital, much to my relief!
A single room, with an ensuite, I have won a watch!

I was totally discombobulated by the phone call at 5pm, whilst we were clearing up after the plasterer's day long visit. (He made a great job of it.) Poor DH has a busy day again today, clearing up the disaster of a kitchen.
A bed was available and the Professor, after looking at my bloods and recent letters, phone calls and emails, decided I needed to be checked out and stabilised.
I have had very little sleep: bloods at 1am, chest xray at 2am, dizzy episode and sky high BP at 3am and checked again at 6am.
This has completely thrown me, but I'm relieved that at last, someone is listening to me.

I will see a cardiologist at nine and probably have some investigations done today. No-one really knows what is happening, as I wasn't admitted in the usual manner.

I will come back and read later. I need to contact DH ASAP, the furniture being delivered today, is about to be delivered before 7.30am.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Ashcombe Thu 02-Feb-23 07:16:29

NannyJan53: following your concern yesterday regarding monk08, I did some research and she last posted in mid January, as far as I can see. I share your concern and hope we hear from her soon.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 02-Feb-23 07:16:54

Good morning all from East Yorkshire.

What a beautiful sky Ash thank you for sharing.

Hope all goes well for your uncle today Shazza

More sorting and tidying for me today. Yesterday I came across my old gym bag. Inside was a newish pair of Skechers that I used to wear and had forgotten about! It must be just over 3 years since I went regularly to Zumba/Pilates etc. I also used to go in the pool, jacuzzi etc after. I stopped going due to health issues and hoped I’d get back to it one day but now I don’t know if I have the energy?

Have a good day everyone.

grandMattie Thu 02-Feb-23 07:17:55

I forgot to add a photo of last night’s sunset. It was gorgeous.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Feb-23 07:18:54

Oh dear Marydoll I know you did not want to go into hospital, but hopefully you are going to get some answers and medication tweaks to enable you to live your best life.

It’s been obvious by your recent posts that you are so poorly, we need the old Marydoll back 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Ashcombe Thu 02-Feb-23 07:20:12

Best wishes to Marydoll and hope the tests produce some answers to improve matters for you. Medical staff do not seem to distinguish between day and night even when one would have thought that allowing the patient adequate rest was of paramount importance.

Grandmachrisy47 Thu 02-Feb-23 07:20:50

Marydoll, I hope you are soon sorted out and on your way home. 💐💐

grandMattie Thu 02-Feb-23 07:22:24

Best wishe, MD. Glad that, even in hospital and sleepless, you are isolated and being monitored. Someone is taking your situation seriously! 🫂🫂❤️

Grandmadinosaur Thu 02-Feb-23 07:26:26

Hope that they can get to the bottom of your issues Marydoll and you can get home soon.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 02-Feb-23 07:28:30

Good morning from the South Downs. It feels milder than yesterday, which I thought unpleasantly cold.

gg13 we did exactly that last year. I enjoyed it - particularly watching a Chinese lady and her adult daughter(?) trying to make sense of the tea, and the various cakes, scones cream and jam 😄😄😄

It was a very pleasant day out though, so enjoy yourself🙂.

My favourite palace is actually Hampton Court although I’ve never visited Windsor.

Me, today is a day in. Shopping delivery later and if the weather is conducive - in the garden. My mulch, compost and alpine grit (a La Carol on gardeners world) have arrive so the garden can be got ready for the spring and summer.

Enjoy your day one and all.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 02-Feb-23 07:30:58

marydoll I’m relatively new here so have not been following your health issues. But I wish you well for your assessment/checkup and with luck they will get to the bottom of whatever is causing your ill health.

cornergran Thu 02-Feb-23 07:32:22

Morning Mick, morning All from a damp looking corner of Somerset

Yesterday was more than busy, the surgery meeting lasting longer than usual. We’re off first thing for an audiology appointment for Mr C. A trip to a flooring showroom after that before trying to catch up here. I agreed to go to a local area forum meeting with a friend this evening. Why did I do that?

I’m relieved your heart issues are finally being taken seriously marydoll even if admission was unorthodox and perhaps a little dramatic. A single room is a real blessing. Wishing you a positive outcome, a hug and love on its way from me

Take care everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 02-Feb-23 07:45:26

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. Wow, Marydoll, I do hope you get sorted! The cleaners are coming this morning so it will be nice to have a sparkling house. I need to collect mine and OH’s monthly prescriptions today and do a tiny bit of shopping. At some point I’ll type up the notes from last night’s WI committee meeting. Tonight I’ll be popping round to a friend’s. Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Thu 02-Feb-23 07:46:32

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Not as cold this morning.

The sunsets are beautiful. I have a similar to you Ash with the bare trees that I can see from my bay window.

At long last something is happening for you Marydoll and I hope all goes well both at the hospital and furniture delivery.

I’m crafting and rubbish sorting today.

Have the best day you can all 🌼🦩

SunshineSally Thu 02-Feb-23 07:51:29

Good morning Mick and all.

grandMattie love the no name street plus the no name shop 😂. Gosh everything is moving quick - valuation sorted already. That’s impressive.

Marydoll Gosh that gave me a turn but really good that they’re finally taking it all seriously. Keeping everything crossed that you get some answers and feel better soon.

Lovely photos posted.
Have the best day you can - thinking of poorly people and those with medical appointments and worries 🦩🦩
🤗 and 🌻🌻 for you all x

Pittcity Thu 02-Feb-23 07:51:52

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Milder and dry with the wind making it feel chilly again.
DH has gone fishing. I will strip the bed and get it in the machine.
A walk to the big Tesco for a few bits and a browse in F&F is my plan for later. It's a 20 minute walk and I can't buy much as I have to carry it home. It saves me a fortune! Well it would if we didn't live so close to the shops, including TK Maxx, that I'm in there a few times a week.
Big hug to Marydoll 🤞that something can be done to make you comfortable.
Love to all 🦩 x

kittylester Thu 02-Feb-23 07:53:44

Good morning all from a slightly cloudy North Leicestershire.

I am expecting a call from the consultant this morning (hopefully to discharge me) but apart from that I have an easy day until the Sainsbury's delivery.

I hope your hospital stay results in an improvement in your quality of life marydoll.

Grammaretto Thu 02-Feb-23 07:58:09

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
I'm on a hilly walk today so hope the weather is kind.

Marydoll that must have been a shock but l hope a good one. At least with your own room you can get a few hours sleep between inspections! Fingers Xed for a useful outcome.

Beautiful photos of sunsets. Your house sale is efficient gMattie like everything you do!
I hope you find somewhere in the West Country to suit.

I brought the in-laws to the community lunch yesterday which she enjoyed.
I gave them more bedding and some of DH's clothes for his brother. A good thing I didn't part with everything. It looks like they will be out of their flat for some time as the surveys have not been good. At least her house has not yet been sold.
SiL is due today so I am hoping she will be better able to negotiate with the Council than her ancient DM and anxious DB.
Wishing everyone a happy day.

Gingster Thu 02-Feb-23 08:00:28

Good morning all and it’s bright here in Essex . I keep hoping each day will be warmer , but still very chilly .

Marydoll hope all goes well for you 🙏.

Shazza fingers crossed for your uncles op, 🤞.

GG have a lovely day with your pal. ☕️🧁🍥.

We have our bowls group today and I’ll read my book club book this afternoon. I’ve got 3 to read in two weeks. 📚.

Hope the day goes well for you all ❤️