Gransnet forums

Chat

Come in trisher!

(163 Posts)
GagaJo Thu 23-Mar-23 20:30:22

I miss her. I liked her posts and the way she stood up for fairness.

Ilovecheese Thu 23-Mar-23 20:33:36

I liked her politics

GagaJo Thu 23-Mar-23 20:41:45

I agreed with them. But I also liked her determination to stand up to things she thought were wrong. In fact, I liked that best. She was tenacious too and held those with weak arguments to account.

VioletSky Thu 23-Mar-23 20:53:24

Ah some things we agreed on and some things we didn't but for a genuinely well thought out point and the use of analogy, she is one of my favourite (ex) posters

Come back trisher, any username will do, I'll enjoy the shenanigans of people figuring out its you again like they are FBI ready lol

grumppa Thu 23-Mar-23 22:00:48

I miss her too. Has anyone tried PMing her?

IrishDancing Thu 23-Mar-23 22:05:55

Perhaps she’s still around under a different username??

Casdon Thu 23-Mar-23 22:20:00

She is.

Doodledog Thu 23-Mar-23 22:45:42

She was gone about five minutes then came back with another name, posting away whilst her friends were accusing others of hounding her off the boards. I can't believe everyone didn't spot her straight away - her style of posting in her new guise is identical grin.

TBH, I assumed that the change of name was simply so that people wouldn't be able to link the new name to the unfortunate 'guess the transwoman' post that preceded her departure.

VioletSky Thu 23-Mar-23 22:56:17

See

GagaJo Sat 25-Mar-23 12:39:15

Doodledog

She was gone about five minutes then came back with another name, posting away whilst her friends were accusing others of hounding her off the boards. I can't believe everyone didn't spot her straight away - her style of posting in her new guise is identical grin.

TBH, I assumed that the change of name was simply so that people wouldn't be able to link the new name to the unfortunate 'guess the transwoman' post that preceded her departure.

Still holding a grudge then?

I can't be bothered to play detective.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 25-Mar-23 12:52:16

Surprised you didn’t know GagaJo.

GagaJo Sat 25-Mar-23 14:00:22

Germanshepherdsmum

Surprised you didn’t know GagaJo.

I'm not in a clique and I'm not interested enough to bother.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 25-Mar-23 14:00:51

I’m not in a clique either.

GagaJo Sat 25-Mar-23 14:07:33

There was no suggestion that you were.

Joseanne Sat 25-Mar-23 14:09:32

I wouldn't like to be in a clique, if such exist, because you'd miss out on the broader spectrum of ideas and opinions.
It was obvious to me who the poster is, but then I'm quick off the mark with that sort of thing!

tickingbird Sat 25-Mar-23 14:46:12

Find it hard to believe someone was unaware she has been here for ages under a different name. One poster even refers to her as trisher when responding to her posts under the new name!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 25-Mar-23 14:50:08

I have no idea if trisher is still on GN under a different name.

VioletSky Sat 25-Mar-23 14:53:01

Why would anyone do that?

It's a large and complex world, we can't possibly assume there aren't people who sound similar or have similar opinions

If the person isn't banned, why throw it in their face that you know theor previous name? Sounds like bullying to me

MerylStreep Sat 25-Mar-23 15:12:56

The same poster has mentioned her old name twice from what what I’ve seen.
The odd part is: nobody picks it up, not even the new trisher
🤔

Joseanne Sat 25-Mar-23 15:20:47

Definitely, she confessed the booboo herself.

Casdon Sat 25-Mar-23 15:25:39

Here is the thread. Most people on this thread were on that one too.
www.google.com/url?client=internal-element-cse&cx=010995057459380558086:wn3vvylhmc4&q=https://www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/1316103-Eddie-Izzard%3Fpg%3D5&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiojOX5sPf9AhUOEewKHWcoDHMQFnoECAMQAg&usg=AOvVaw0TFaIclDwZG7xeaXMwYqsA

GagaJo Sat 25-Mar-23 15:31:59

Sad that what started as a 'Missing You' thread has degenerated. Probably because the same people are doing it again.

Perhaps I should just ask GNHQ to delete this thread.

Joseanne Sat 25-Mar-23 15:38:41

On the contrary, GagaJo. Most people on this thread were trying to clear up the confusion of her whereabouts. 2 people asked if anyone had pm'd her or whether she had a new name. Personally I didn't make any derogatory comment about trisher herself because I have very very few posters on my hit list and she isn't one!

VioletSky Sat 25-Mar-23 15:40:54

Have no idea if I was on that thread but didn't see myself or Gagajo on the posted page

Also so what if she changed name?

Still smells like bullying which those threads are rife with

tickingbird Sat 25-Mar-23 15:41:37

I don’t see what’s wrong with thread. Personally, I thought it was common knowledge that trisher was still here under a different name. I haven’t seen any complaints from the member concerned and can’t see why the thread should be deleted. Some love creating drama.