Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 2nd April 2023

(41 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 02-Apr-23 05:55:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning.
A easy day for me will be watching cycling and preparing lunch steaming jersey royals with mint plus .
Otherwise a quiet day in for me , I have my echo scan at the Churchill next Thursday ,and have not received any further appointments maybe pending on that result.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 02-Apr-23 06:03:50

God morning from E Kent. I haven’t looked out but expect more of the same. It rained gently and persistently all day yesterday.
I had a quiet day yesterday, went to the PO to buy stamps before the price went up, changed my library books, collected a prescription, and took my purchasers post to the estate agent. I think I shall be doing that frequently in the next 10 days!
It was interesting what strategies I had to use to change my bed without bending over! Clothing my nether parts is intersecting enough. 😂
Palm Sunday today, I shall go to church then quiet day again.
Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 02-Apr-23 06:20:46

Morning all from Bratislava! I think that’s where we’re moored. I’m just off for breakfast as we have an early start. Have a good day.

Ashcombe Sun 02-Apr-23 06:22:33

God morning seems appropriate for Sunday morning, grandMattie! We had quite a bit of sunshine yesterday with occasional sharp showers. Now it’s dry and calm here in Torbay.

Yesterday's lunch was convivial although only seven of us attended. I’m in the middle of the picture of three. The pub/restaurant was busy, reflecting the fair pricing and good service it provides.

Early service will be followed by a procession of palms for which we shall be joined by those who go to to the main service.

A blessed Sunday to you all. 🦩🥰✝️💐🦩

karmalady Sun 02-Apr-23 07:12:26

Good morning from a dry s somerset, I am happy, the sun is coming to stay for a few days

A large granary to prep today, in my bm, to leave out until tomorrow when it will have matured for slicing thin for the freezer. I love my one slice of crispy granary every day, with my hm marmalade. It tastes better than any cake

A bit of pottering, until I finally start back to a cycle ride, not a long one but long enough. Then washing prep for tomorrow as monday will be a very good drying day. Ooh I am excited to see the sun potential

Have a good day

fancythat Sun 02-Apr-23 07:27:51

Dry with some blue sky, down South.
I normally like Sundays. But does feel like it is going to be a long day today.

Pittcity Sun 02-Apr-23 07:34:28

Good morning from sunny Colchester. There are still some big dark clouds but they're dissipating fast. Chilly but dry and bright....hooray.
A long walk along the river to blow the cobwebs of a rainy week away I think..
Love to all 🦩 x

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 02-Apr-23 07:45:30

Good morning all from dry and bright Harrogate
Think a quiet day is what you need GrandMattie make the most of it.
Lovely photos Ashcombe.
It will be church for me this morning, then a quiet afternoon for me.
Have the best day possible folks

Grandmabatty Sun 02-Apr-23 07:48:21

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 3° and grey. The forecast is good though. Ash what a lovely photo! It's nice to put faces to names.
Yesterday I spent all day at a life drawing art class and I was exhausted when I got home! I'm not great at figure drawing but I can see an improvement from when I first started drawing figures. The big piece I did was initially awful! Her breasts were like headlamps. Fortunately I managed to tone them down to match the rest of her body.
Today I'm going out for a walk too Pittcity. Dd and the boys and I will go out somewhere. Then roast chicken for dinner. Have a good day all

kittylester Sun 02-Apr-23 07:54:47

Good morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire.

We are going to a lovely pub in the village for lunch today and I have to make a cake for tomorrow's course. Apart from that, we have nothing on at all.

Abitbarmy Sun 02-Apr-23 07:55:21

Good morning from a dry and sunny North Yorkshire. At last a sunny day promised so the time will be spent in the garden and maybe hanging out the holiday washing if I get it put on. Still have a cough and headache but tested negative yesterday. Hopefully fresh air will help. Lovely photos Ash. Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday.

luluaugust Sun 02-Apr-23 08:00:43

Good morning from a grey W Kent. Busy day with small party at home for DH. I think his birthday will then be well and truly celebrated.
Lovely pictures Ash
Best wishes to all

GrannyGravy13 Sun 02-Apr-23 08:01:16

Morning all

The sky is definitely brighter than the last week, still rather chilly for April though.

I have been awake since just after 4am, gave in and have been reading my kind under the duvet so the light didn’t disturb DH. I should have gone downstairs but I was too comfy.

Nothing planned other than roast pork for dinner this evening.

Nice photos Ash , hope you are enjoying your river cruise ladyleftfieldlover

Hope you have a peaceful Sunday folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

multicolourswapshop Sun 02-Apr-23 08:03:19

Good morning from a dry cold start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.
I had a wonderful day yesterday when I went to the church Easter fayre and met so many kent faces as they say in Scotland, I bought marshmallows with chocolate and a sweet on the top I also bought an Easter egg in a mug to give to the boy next door I enjoyed cups of tea and a buttered pancake in the church hall. Chatted chatted and chatted 0h and bought some daffodils from the local supermarket

Have a good Easter all my gn friends flowers

aggie Sun 02-Apr-23 08:04:27

Good morning from a bright chilly Co Armagh , it’s actually not raining !
We reinstated the rainwater barrel to harvest the rain off the greenhouse roof last week , sadly someone !! Left the tap open so it was empty when I tried to get the watering can filled !
Trying out rice pud in the slow cooker this am . We had a talk about slow cookers at the Club on Wed and everyone was more inventive than me in using theirs.
Major tidying up here , expecting visitors , not to stay but a fleeting call , so duster out and wool stash shoved behind the sofa might do ?

Stilllearning Sun 02-Apr-23 08:06:47

Good morning from S Lanarkshire, light sky with frost on the cars.

Ashcombe, your photo has quite taken me aback. You look lovely and, a bit unsettlingly, very like my dearest friend who died seven years ago. I’m glad you posted it, you have such an interesting and full life.

Church and ‘the long gospel’ this morning. I think I shall formally join the ranks of the aged and sit down for it!
I’ve been exceptionally busy for the past few weeks and definitely feel the results. I am in awe of you grandMattie!

Wishing everyone the best Sunday possible.🦩

Gala Sun 02-Apr-23 08:07:36

Good morning all. Oh what a grey day it is here in Sefton. Suits my mood. No plans, a bit of a nothing day. Too chilly for garden jobs so will do bits & bobs around the house ......there's always ironing. And I've a good book & some cross stitch to be getting on with. As I cooked "Sunday lunch" yesterday teatime we will have the leftovers for our tea today. That's today sorted.
Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday.

brook2704 Sun 02-Apr-23 08:08:05

Good morning everyone from Inverness where we’ve light grey cloud and a dry day is forecast.
Thanks for the photos Ash I remember that lovely smile!
Yesterday I enjoyed pottering in the garden, lots to do as always but good to get started. Today I’ll be finishing off getting the house ready for our visitors arriving on Tuesday and sorting out the online grocery shopping.
Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday multi
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Taichinan Sun 02-Apr-23 08:08:23

Oh dear. I have sun envy karma! It rose here on the Angus coast with a pinky glow - and then I blinked and it was gone. Relentless grey does dampen the spirit somewhat and I feel a 'can't-be-bothered' day coming on. Luckily I'm visiting a friend this afternoon so I shall perk up for that.
Lovely Gardener and his grandson were here yesterday, both wearing their Handyman hats. What a treasure that man is! He loves The Repair Barn and watches it every week so that he can learn from the Masters there, but I'm sure he could teach them a trick or two!
Lovely photo Ash.
Soon be over grandmattie - a new life beckons.
Enjoy your sunshine everyone x

Alygran Sun 02-Apr-23 08:11:00

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun is out, bed is stripped, washing is on!
Gardening today and then the photo book that I didn’t get round to yesterday.
Have a good day everyone.

baubles Sun 02-Apr-23 08:14:23

Good morning all from bright South Lanarkshire.

We had a phenomenally busy day at the charity shop yesterday so when I got home I was happy to park myself on the sofa and get to work joining all my crochet triangles into bunting. I have a few left to block before adding them but it looks pretty so far.

Mass this morning then I’ll meet DH for coffee before coming home to wash and blow dry my hair as we’re off to a wedding reception this evening. I had to buy tights last week for the first time in an age. Don’t know how I’ll feel in a proper frock and heels after so long.

Lovely photos Ash.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Greyduster Sun 02-Apr-23 08:15:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s disappointingly grey and chilly in South Yorkshire. This was not forecast! I have a gardener coming to look at my sad little wilderness today and tell me what he can do to help make it lovely again. He may take one look and head for the hills! On the bright side, some of the seeds I sowed last week are already coming through - they are on the windowsill in the conservatory - next best thing to a greenhouse! DD and her menfolk are coming to lunch this afternoon which I am greatly looking forward to.
Lovely photos of your jolly get together, Ash!
Have the best day you can folks!

ShazzaKanazza Sun 02-Apr-23 08:21:31

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Thornton le Dale in North Yorkshire.

We arrived at our lovely B&B after a walk around Helmsley and a drive around the countryside.
Today we are going to have a walk around Goathland and Staithes and surrounding areas. My Grandmother is buried in the churchyard in Goathland. It’s nice just being able to park up where we want and enjoy the views with a sunny day to enjoy as well. Very different to yesterday.

Ash it’s lovely to see you so I can picture you now pretty lady💐

Enjoy your Sunday everyone hopefully the sun is out for most of us🌞🌻

Gingster Sun 02-Apr-23 08:22:54

Good morning all and there’s bright sunshine out there. 🌝. How lovely ! This will make us all feel better.

Ash you look a jolly bunch .

Grandmabatty breasts like headlamps 🤣🤣.

Ladyleftfieldlover Bratislava is a really beautiful city. My nephews wife is from there and we have visited her many times.

Picking up DD and little gd for her swimming lesson and then back here for roast chicken . I’ll plate up two portions for the teenage twins, (who eat their mum out of house and home).
They’ve got some work on today, labouring for a friends dad, so they’ll be ravenous when they get home.

We’ll go through old photo albums this afternoon and have some fun. I’m looking out pics of when I was a red-head. I’m creamy/white now and recent friends have asked for proof! 😆.

This is me at a fancy dress as Bonnie and Dh was Clyde.

Enjoy this Palm Sunday ✝️

cornergran Sun 02-Apr-23 08:23:13

Morning Mick, morning All. A grey sky at the moment, sun is promised by 11 , woohoo.

We’ll have to do yesterdays steam train trip again. The four of us were too busy chatting to take as much notice as we’d have liked. Oh dear. Hoping for a walk when the sky clears, lots of flooded roads yesterday so the car will stay where it is.

Take care everyone.