Gransnet forums

Chat

Has anyone tried Revitive for aching legs?

(16 Posts)
merlotgran Thu 26-Oct-23 14:05:00

I have had an arthritic left knee for years but what really spoils a walk for me is that after about half a mile my calves ache which means I don’t really want to go much further because of walking back again.

I’ve seen the TV adverts but the machine is expensive so would be a waste of money if it ends up in the back of a cupboard.

Does anyone have any positive or negative experience?

LucyAnna Thu 26-Oct-23 14:58:24

Stretching exercises - before and after?

Justin Agustin demonstrates some good basic exercises / stretches on Instagram - instagram.com/justinagustin?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Charleygirl5 Thu 26-Oct-23 15:00:30

I do know if one has had a knee replacement which you have not it would appear, that the joint would slowly loosen with the vibrating.

I personally would not use it if I had a hip replacement for the same reason.

You could buy it from Amazon and if it did not suit you, they would take it back again.

Coolgran65 Thu 26-Oct-23 15:34:02

My husband bought it (or very similar) a few years ago. He used it a few times and it went into the cupboard.
I then retrieved it and used it for a while. It's now back In the cupboard.
However the grandchildren had fun with it for a week or two until they got bored.

Madgran77 Thu 26-Oct-23 16:30:24

merlotgran

I have had an arthritic left knee for years but what really spoils a walk for me is that after about half a mile my calves ache which means I don’t really want to go much further because of walking back again.

I’ve seen the TV adverts but the machine is expensive so would be a waste of money if it ends up in the back of a cupboard.

Does anyone have any positive or negative experience?

I have severe arthritis in my left knee and developing in m,y right. I have been using the Revitive Knee since March. It has been transformative in terms of movement and walking. I do morning and evening on full setting for 45 minutes every day. And they give you a guaranteed 90 day no quibble money back guarantee so you get a good chance to see if it is working for you. You can get VAT off the price if officially diagnosed with arthritis.

Try it, you cant lose as you can return if not working

Madgran77 Thu 26-Oct-23 16:31:57

Charleygirl5

I do know if one has had a knee replacement which you have not it would appear, that the joint would slowly loosen with the vibrating.

I personally would not use it if I had a hip replacement for the same reason.

You could buy it from Amazon and if it did not suit you, they would take it back again.

Buy direct from Revitive so you get the money back guarantee,. You can ring them and get advice on using with a knee replacement etc. ..they are really helpful and I felt very honest about the pros and cons. But I have had NO cons!

Smileless2012 Thu 26-Oct-23 16:36:58

I bought a Revitive for Mr. S. last Christmas and he says it's made a huge difference to his achy legs. He uses it usually once a day for half an hour.

It was expensive but well worth the money.

merlotgran Fri 27-Oct-23 13:14:48

Thanks everyone. Definitely worth thinking about although I’m still dithering about whether or not it’s worth the money. 🤔

Madgran77 Fri 27-Oct-23 13:51:55

merlotgran

Thanks everyone. Definitely worth thinking about although I’m still dithering about whether or not it’s worth the money. 🤔

It is! And the 3 month no quibble money back guarantee means it's a no brainer as it's long enough to see if it working andbifvitbis keep it, invites not just send back and get your money back. But yo get that you MUST buy direct from Revitive

MayBee70 Thu 29-Feb-24 15:33:27

It says that you can just tick no VAT and don’t need a doctors certificate. Has anyone done that?This reduced the cost quite dramatically. Along with arthritic knees I’m a bit concerned about the circulation in my lower legs. I’m also worried that I don’t walk anywhere near as much as I used to.

Chestnut Thu 29-Feb-24 16:22:26

merlotgran

Like everything really, the only way to get your money's worth is to use it, but there will be no benefit if you just put it in a cupboard. I'm sure it will help with any leg related problems, because it basically stimulates the circulation. I have a different one called a Circulation Booster from some years ago. It doesn't vibrate, it sends electrical pulses from the feet up the legs.

Georgesgran Thu 29-Feb-24 17:14:53

I bought mine, for DD2 from QVC, then she could try it out for a month and I could send it back if she didn’t like it.
She ended up keeping it and it stays under her desk when WFH.

LilyoftheValley Fri 01-Mar-24 05:29:28

I was advised by a Practice nurse to buy two tennis balls and put them on the floor, place my instep on them and roll them about whilst sitting. As she said, much cheaper and very effective! Hope this helps.

karmalady Fri 01-Mar-24 05:41:16

Yes definitely worth it. I bought the revitive medic as soon as I noticed venous discolouration starting at the front of my shin. I know that this is due to insufficient leg circulation and I know of the potential serious problems that can occur in the lower leg, ulcers etc

Revitive and daily moisurising have brought my legs back from that point. It takes a while for that change to happen. I always did go walking but my legs needed the more intense stimulation that revitive gives me.

I don`t use it every day now but maybe 3-4 x a week. I have it handy plus a suitable comfy chair, radio or book and foot cream for better contact. It is pleasurable rather than an effort

I bought mine from revitive

Madgran77 Fri 01-Mar-24 06:25:56

MayBee70

It says that you can just tick no VAT and don’t need a doctors certificate. Has anyone done that?This reduced the cost quite dramatically. Along with arthritic knees I’m a bit concerned about the circulation in my lower legs. I’m also worried that I don’t walk anywhere near as much as I used to.

Yes I bought mine that way. If bought direct from Revitive you get 90 day money back guarantee and they often have special offers. You can just tick box

Esmay Mon 04-Mar-24 18:37:08

Thank you Madgran
I've been wondering about buying one .