Gransnet forums

Chat

I've only gone and done it!!

(99 Posts)
travelsafar Wed 29-Nov-23 05:27:55

Have signed tenancy agreement on a lovely one bed flat with a balcony and wet room. I'm so excited. I got the keys on Monday and have started moving in some boxes already. Removal company coming Thursday to give me a quote and I'm hoping to be in before Christmas. My head in a spin thinking of all that needs to be done!!!🤪🤪🤪

grandMattie Wed 29-Nov-23 05:38:13

Well done! The pain of the move will soon be mitigated by the convenience of the flat.

RosesandLilac Wed 29-Nov-23 05:39:12

How lovely! I hope you’re very happy in your new home 💐

Whiff Wed 29-Nov-23 05:54:59

travelsafar congratulations. You will love living on one level and you will be surprised how much money you save on heating costs . Plus easier to keep clean. I love living in my bungalow. All my bills are cheaper I own it so had it adapted to how I wanted it to be for my needs. And had my garden flattened and have an artificial lawn with inch thick padding under it as I fall.

Having a balcony is lovely. You can grow things in pots even veg if you want. Don't know if you have room for a chair . But you can have plenty of colour on it all year round .

Removal costs are high . Make sure you mark up your boxes and which room you want them in . I found decluttering my house decluttered my mind and got rid of things I had held onto far to long. I love my par downed living.

Don't forget to make a list of all the companies you use and let them know you are moving . You will be surprised how many you need to contact. You can have your mail forwarded to your new address. I had it for a 3 month period but can't remember how much it cost but you can do it online .

Enjoy your new home and you will be lovely and cosy over the winter. 🥂

Ailidh Wed 29-Nov-23 06:02:42

Congratulations!

I'm a big fan of one level living, and also of renting! The joy of finding someone to do repairs being someone else's responsibility is immense!!

Mizuna Wed 29-Nov-23 06:19:17

Well done travelasafar and enjoy your new home! I'm a renter by choice, my 15th year now, and absolutely love it.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 29-Nov-23 06:25:48

Good luck with your move, I hope you will be very happy in your new home 💐

Cabbie21 Wed 29-Nov-23 06:58:36

Congratulations for taking the decision. I hope you will soon be settled in and enjoying your new home.

HelterSkelter1 Wed 29-Nov-23 07:00:10

So pleased to hear you have found the flat of your dreams. Well done. I hope your have a lovely first christmas there and a happy 2024.

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 29-Nov-23 07:27:53

Well done travelsafar. I wish you many happy times in your new place.

sodapop Wed 29-Nov-23 07:30:02

So exciting travelasfar I wish you every happiness in your new home.

ginny Wed 29-Nov-23 07:32:00

Hope you will be very happy in your new home.

Aldom Wed 29-Nov-23 07:37:02

I feel so happy for you Travelsafar.
Hoping the move will be as easy as possible. Lots of useful tips from Whiff. Look after yourself and please let us know how things are going.
All my best wishes for happiness in your new home. flowers

fancythat Wed 29-Nov-23 07:38:10

Lovely. Hope you enjoy it.
This thread makes me feel happy too.

Ailidh and Mizuna
Repairs - for some reason over the years, they never used to bother me.
I suppose now, with the increased cost of them, and DH and house both getting older, it means the repairshave become an increasingly, thought about issue.

Jaxjacky Wed 29-Nov-23 07:57:24

Well done travelsafar a hectic time ahead, but short lived until you’re settled.

Juliet27 Wed 29-Nov-23 07:59:25

Congratulations and I wish you many happy times in your new abode.

silverlining48 Wed 29-Nov-23 08:00:56

Good luck travels

keepcalmandcavachon Wed 29-Nov-23 08:06:12

Fantastic news Travelsafar, good luck with your move!

NannyJan53 Wed 29-Nov-23 08:09:05

I can feel your excitement! I hope you are very happy in your new home a

Redhead56 Wed 29-Nov-23 08:19:19

I hope you will be happy in your new home and settle in well.

luluaugust Wed 29-Nov-23 08:22:37

All the best in your new home

Sparklefizz Wed 29-Nov-23 08:27:11

Congratulations Travelsafar- may you be very happy in your new home. flowers

M0nica Wed 29-Nov-23 08:46:06

Every happiness in your new home.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 29-Nov-23 08:49:22

Hope the move goes smoothly, wishing you many happy years in your new home.

Grannybags Wed 29-Nov-23 09:07:08

How exciting for you! I hope you’ll be very happy in your new home

Just remember on moving day - don’t pack the kettle and teabags!!