Gransnet forums

Chat

Staying in.

(11 Posts)
kircubbin2000 Fri 01-Mar-24 11:40:11

I usually meet a couple of friends on a Friday just for coffee and a chat.They have cancelled again today as its very cold!
I'm actually quite pleased although I'm up and dressed ready to go.Now what can I do instead?

nanna8 Fri 01-Mar-24 11:42:26

Retail therapy ?

BlueBelle Fri 01-Mar-24 11:45:35

I don’t know where you are but it s pouring here with gale force winds and extremely cold I ve been out but very pleased to get home

AGAA4 Fri 01-Mar-24 11:45:44

If you still want to go out go for coffee on your own. Maybe a browse round the shops. A brisk walk is pleasant on a cold day too.
If you prefer to stay in then read a good book. Do some puzzles or catch up on crafts you may do.

kircubbin2000 Fri 01-Mar-24 11:47:11

It's quite a nice day here but cold. I was going to go to keep fit but I think I might just do the exercises at home .

Purplepixie Fri 01-Mar-24 11:51:20

Well I am going to have an afternoon knitting my cardigan. I can actually start driving next week as it is 6 weeks since my operation. Yahoooooo!!!!!

PammyHoops Fri 01-Mar-24 12:24:45

If I feel like a walk out, I often walk to our library. Ours offers coffee and has a small selection of magazines to sit and read and isn't like the old 'shhhhhh' libraries.
There was a games table set up last time and I was invited to sit for a while and share some company. Dice shut the box and a simple card game. I enjoyed the hour and had a bit of a chat and a coffee. Selected a nice cook book and had a walk home again.

keepcalmandcavachon Fri 01-Mar-24 12:46:21

That sound like my idea of perfect PammyHoopssmile, I always think it better to try & get out, though I've just been dodging hail stones!

Beechnut Fri 01-Mar-24 14:15:57

I got ready as I intended to go shopping after my friend had visited. She stayed much longer than expected so I’ve decided to stay home and finish my book. She went away pleased as punch because I’d helped her with two things.

HelterSkelter1 Fri 01-Mar-24 14:21:15

What a welcoming library. Ours is just about to set up Super access where you can enter it outside opening hours...I would rather have a coffee area and a games table.

Sunny here but windy and I think rain is on the way again.

Hope you went out kircubbin and had a coffee somewhere nice. And a chat with a stranger.

Grannmarie Fri 01-Mar-24 14:54:41

Purplepixie

Well I am going to have an afternoon knitting my cardigan. I can actually start driving next week as it is 6 weeks since my operation. Yahoooooo!!!!!

Good news, purplepixie, I hope you are recovering well.
It was very cold and frosty here this morning. I'm heading out shortly to feed and visit my sister's cat, she's away today and her boy is a creature of habit!