Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 2nd March 2024

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 02-Mar-24 05:19:34

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark and wet start to the day here in brackley this morning.
Unsure as to going out as I am waiting a delivery of a HDMI cable for my BT/EE TV box and hopefully once I have downloaded things I can watch my cycling .
As to bus trip to Bicester at the moment depends on receipt of item .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 02-Mar-24 05:40:35

Good morning from another cold, cold, wet morning in Bristol. Low single figures re. temperature, made really unpleasant by the rain and icy wind! When will the warmer weather come. I love winter but hate February and don’t much like March!
The fabric shop I went to yesterday was totally not the shop I expected! It was somewhere else completely and still trading! (DD was in fits of giggles when I tried to describe the shop and its whereabouts on Thursday. She will laugh even more at this development!😂). It didn’t stop me spending a fortune. A very expensive shop. I think I’ll stick to,6 tried and tested internet shop and the local ok shop!
Church coffee today, then I’ll do some sewing or lounging around or something. I shall have a nap as I have been sleeping especially badly recently and not had time to nap in the afternoons.
Remember your random act of kindness today. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Sat 02-Mar-24 06:12:23

Good morning from s somerset, cold wet and dull most of today

I am going to have a full-on lovely day today, including getting a meal sorted. My exercise will need to be indoors, up and down stairs for starters

I noticed a ceiling settlement crack yesterday, across one small room and half the next room. I am being pragmatic and will wait to fix it, I still have to sort a little area of water staining on the small ceiling, a relic after I fixed a leak in the loft. I have not been up in the loft since but it seems that the ceiling is bone dry. It was a question of waiting to see before spending time on fixing the paintwork and I will do it when the weather warms up, water stain first and then am hoping that I can minimise the crack via capillary action and a pointy foam brush. Anyway I am not thinking about it now, just adding it to my future maintenance list

Must get going

Have a good day

baubles Sat 02-Mar-24 06:25:57

Good morning from dark South Lanarkshire where it’s a little damp but not actually raining.

Going out to watch eldest DGD play netball this morning, it’s her passion, she plays at club and district level and helps out at the younger girls games too.

Not a lot planned for the rest of the day but I’m sure to find something that needs doing.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

cornergran Sat 02-Mar-24 06:30:25

Morning Mick, morning All. There’s wet snow out there

We decided to stay over in Gloucester where the rain has turned to wet snow. Should be gone later. 🤞 We’re heading for the Cathedral and hopefully an antique shop or two before driving home.

Thank you all for the good wishes. Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday. Some sun between heavy showers, an enjoyable leisurely lunch in Cote. I wasn’t sure we’d make it as Mr C slipped in the shower first thing, such a bang as he landed. No real damage - to him or the shower - he assured me he was fine and indeed seemed to be although I’ll be amazed if no bruises today.

I was so relieved you had such a supportive response from your surgery ash. Any news of your grandson grandmab?

With thoughts to everyone with worries of any kind I hope Saturday is kind to us all.

Grandmabatty Sat 02-Mar-24 06:42:06

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 3° and dry. Feels cold.
Yesterday was eventful. Dd popped round in the morning with dgs2. She brought pastries which was nice. Dgs2 was complaining about a sore bum quite a bit.
Later she phoned to ask if I would have dgs1 overnight because the GP had phoned the hospital for advice and the consultant wanted to see dgs2 at Sick Kids hospital in Glasgow. To cut a very long story short, dgs2 had an operation in the early hours of the morning. He had a twisted testicle. The surgeon sorted the twist and removed a cyst and fluid. The cyst is not believed to be sinister. Dd sent a photo of him playing with the monitor on his toe. He kept trying to take out his cannula. I hope both of them got some sleep. Dsil went home to have a sleep and will go back to Glasgow to pick them up later. Poor wee boy. Hopefully this will sort out the problem he has had since birth.
Today is dd's birthday. Not the birthday she expected! I'll see her at some point when she gets home with dgs2. Dgs1 is coughing and is probably awake but I'll leave him for a while. He was quite subdued last night but cheered up eventually when I discovered popcorn in the cupboard.
I need to get out to buy dd a birthday card so we might go to the local garden centre for breakfast. Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Sat 02-Mar-24 06:44:34

Cross post Cornergran! I'm glad you had a nice time. I'm quite tired because I didn't sleep much, worrying about dgs2. Today will be a quiet one, once dgs1 is home. I'm still choked with the cold too which doesn't help

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 02-Mar-24 06:45:12

Morning all from a still dark West Oxfordshire.
I have a Study Day in Oxford on the creation of the Victoria and Albert Museum. One of my favourite places. Two lectures, lunch and two more lectures.
I cleaned the rest of the cement off my stained glass piece yesterday. It definitely needs a frame so I’ll go to our local picture framers on Monday. I think it will hang in front of the window in our downstairs loo. It’s already an over the top Barbara Cartlandesque room!
Have a good day, especially those of you with worries or difficulties.

grandMattie Sat 02-Mar-24 06:46:24

Just looked out - it snowed in the night! Well!!!

Mizuna Sat 02-Mar-24 06:47:54

Good morning from Cornwall where it's chilly and damp. Thank you so much for my daughter's birthday wishes yesterday. Just been chatting to her. She hopes to go home today, with a heart monitor and medication and further tests in the pipeline. She's still not opened the birthday present I gave her, the box of chocolates, maybe she doesn't want to share them. 😄

My youngest son was doing a taxi shift last night and messaged that there was water coming through the roof of the car. Not his vehicle fortunately. Haven't heard anything since, so presumably he dried out. 😉 All I need to hear is that my other son is going down an abandoned mine today and that'll be a trio of adventures for the three of them! Meanwhile, I'll take a walk by the harbour and have a coffee.

Bellasnana Sat 02-Mar-24 06:48:22

Good morning from Malta where we have had some rain overnight but are promised a dry, windy day with a high of 17°C.

Once again, many thanks to all you lovely ladies who sent birthday wishes to my DD2 yesterday which I passed on when I had a lovely chat with her on FaceTime. She said to thank you all. She had had a happy day at work (a very generous bonus from her boss) and was on her way to the hairdresser. Her husband had kept plans secret for the evening so I haven’t heard where they went yet.

I’m lazing in bed but must get up as I’ve laundry and housework to do.

Feeling a bit exhausted after a busy week with the boys. I think DD3 forgets I’m not as young as I was and has told me I’m needed to babysit next weekend as she is off to Venice with her best friend! Her long-suffering DH and myself will be holding the fort, mostly me as he has work to go to. Oh well, it’s good to be useful I suppose!

Sorry to hear of your DH’s fall in the shower cornergran, glad he wasn’t badly hurt.

Grandmabatty, hope your DGS2 makes a swift recovery from his surgery, poor little chap.

Wishing you all a good weekend, special thoughts to those with illness and troubles to contend with. ☀️

RosesandLilac Sat 02-Mar-24 06:48:33

Good morning from snowy south Glos, I was really surprised to see this this morning. Yesterday was horrible weather, bitterly cold rain, sleet, hail all afternoon although we briefly had bright sunshine at lunchtime.
I had my heart failure review, myGP is again chasing up the so-called urgent request for a consultation at the hospital, made on 31st January last year…..I have zero confidence that it’s going to happen any time soon.
It’s clear that things are deteriorating so an ECG and bloods are booked for Tuesday (with my fingers crossed because apparently there probably won’t be anyone there to take bloods, unless they can persuade a nurse to come in).
Anyway, a quiet day ahead, I will do some art stuff, DH will walk the dog.
Take care 🌹

Mizuna Sat 02-Mar-24 06:54:39

Snow?!!!! I can't believe we're in the same country! Aw, your dear little chap, Grandmabatty, hope he progresses well.

NanKate Sat 02-Mar-24 07:04:35

Good morning Mick and All from a cold damp South Bucks.

Coffee and a shared warm almond croissant this morning at our favourite Italian Cafe, followed by shopping and booking tickets at our lovely new but small cinema.

You are so good Bellasnana with all your childcare support.

Ashcombe Sat 02-Mar-24 07:06:14

Good morning from a cold but clear Torbay. As I sit up with my TIB, I can see the moon, which I discover from Google is a Waning Gibbous.

Thank you, cornergran; yes, I was relieved to be taken seriously and to have a vascular appointment in place in a couple of weeks. Poor Mr. C! I hope he’s not too bruised this morning and that you manage a nap, grandMattie.
Good luck to the netballing DGD, baubles.
Your poor little DGS2, Grandmabatty, but it’s good it’s been sorted out and perhaps he will come home today.
All the best to your DD, Mizuna.

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend. Keep warm! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

brook2704 Sat 02-Mar-24 07:07:27

Good morning everyone from Cambridge, it looks dry here now but rain is forecast for later
Thanks for the update on your DGS grandmabatty thank goodness he’s ok now and hopefully he’ll be home soon. Try to get some rest yourself too if you can
A busy day planned here with the DGSs, swimming and football this morning and then a session at a Clip and Climb later. I’ll just be sitting and watching all the fun
Hoping you get a review and your tests done rosesandlilac it’s such a long time to be waiting and wondering what’s happening
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Alygran Sat 02-Mar-24 07:09:51

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s another dry start but like yesterday it’s forecast to rain. I’m awake very early and have made some tea and brought it back to bed to wait for the heating to click on. There was a lovely sunrise.
Today I’m ironing and doing some admin and then will settle down with my knitting.
Grandmab I hope your little one is home soon.
Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Sat 02-Mar-24 07:14:50

Good morning from Shropshire where another day of rain is forecast.

I am so sorry to hear your little grandson had to have surgery Grandmabatty and hope the problem is now sorted.What a shock for you all.Wishing him a speedy recovery and a happy birthday for your DD.It is my birthday today too!

I was woken at 6.30 by the grandchildren with cards and gifts.Lovely cards and such thoughtful gifts.I was going to have a quiet morning while grandpa took the children to their clubs but they want me to go with them so that’s what I shall do!

I hope your daughter gets to go home today.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Grandmachrisy47 Sat 02-Mar-24 07:16:29

grandmabatty, pleased your dgs has his problem sorted. Hope he’s home today.

mumofmadboys Sat 02-Mar-24 07:25:35

Good morning all! Small amount of snow in Cumbria. Still very cold. Gentle day today as climbed Skiddaw with a friend yesterday and the weather was appalling - snowing and very, very windy. But we did it! The friend came to stay with the intention of doing Skiddaw so we just had to do it! However a few aches and pains today so a restful day. Hope everyone has a peaceful day

Pittcity Sat 02-Mar-24 07:26:03

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. Chilly with rain forecast. DH has gone fishing. I will take a quick walk to Aldi to pick up the bits we didn't get yesterday. DH prefers Lidl but they are always out of stock of something I need.
Love to all 🦩 x

Bonnybanko Sat 02-Mar-24 07:29:51

Good morning all from a dry, cold and very windy start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.
I’ve nothing planned for today, I’ll just binge watch tv. I’ll have my home made lentil soup I made yesterday for my lunch followed by the blue cheese I’ve got lying in the fridge with the cream crackers I’ve got stored in the food cupboard. Im really very lucky with my food storage.

Have a good as you can day today
Thinking of those who are lonely and bereaved, its over a year now since my dear husband departed I miss him every day every minute 🥲

Grandmabatty Sat 02-Mar-24 07:30:52

Susan a happy birthday to you!

Whitewavemark2 Sat 02-Mar-24 07:31:18

Good morning from the South Downs. It rained yesterday and it will rain today as well as feeling cold.

My sister’s cataract removal went smoothly and successfully. I left her at home resting. Next one in 6 weeks and then hopefully she will be up to scratch. Her husband doesn’t drive so she is dependent on the family for taxi duties.

DH has the trots - goodness knows how he got that. Still 24 hours starvation should sort him out. Been up all night, so we are both feeling somewhat jaded. Still, being retired means we can rest as and when we want, so sleepless nights are never an issue.

The ground water level is at ground level now so every time it rains I am walking in a layer of water - I can’t ever remember it quite so bad. Still we shouldn’t be surprised I suppose as it is what the climatologists predicted would happen.

Nothing now planned for today what with DH and his local difficulty - R&R I think.

Enjoy your day all

Peace and harmony to the world.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 02-Mar-24 07:32:34

Morning all, I can hear our GD & GS stirring so it’s a brief post today. Will try and catch up later.

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️