Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 3rd March 2024

(48 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 03-Mar-24 05:34:49

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry and cold start to the day here in brackley .
Today I am hoping to get my BT/EE TV box sorted either with a replacement which seems most likely .
I did manage to watch cycling yesterday online and computer screen .
I need to do some laundry as well and hopefully get in the laundrette early , as I live in a residental home .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 03-Mar-24 05:50:34

Good morning from a cold Bristol. This icy snap has been a surprise, hasn’t it?
Did very little yesterday; I have been sleeping very badly again, so just mooched around all day. I did go out to the church coffee morning, where one can have interesting conversations.
Church today and pootle for the rest of the day.
Carpe diem, carpe horam 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Susan56 Sun 03-Mar-24 06:05:34

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry day forecast.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes yesterday.I had a lovely day with good company, lovely cards and thoughtful gifts.I feel very blessed.

Today we are going over to Cheshire to see my mum.For the first time she forgot my birthday😢She normally phones and sings happy birthday.We will go out for lunch.

I hope Grandmabatty’s grandson is making a good recovery.

Thoughts with all struggling.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Ashcombe Sun 03-Mar-24 06:06:53

Good morning from a chilly Torbay.

I was all set to play the piano for the 9.30 service at church but I’m unwell with a gastric upset so will be staying indoors. I’m hoping another musician whom I’ve just emailed will cover for me.

I’m sorry you’re not sleeping well, grandMattie and hope that improves soonest.
Belated birthday greetings to you, Susan56.

A blessed Sunday to all. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Bellasnana Sun 03-Mar-24 06:18:27

Good morning from Malta where we expect a sunny day with a high of 19°C. I think we have completely by-passed winter this year.

Yesterday turned out better than planned as I received a message from a lovely friend asking if I’d like to meet for a coffee which spurred me into action as I’d been struggling to get up and get on with life.

Enjoyed our catch up then came home and caught up with laundry and cleaning.

Sat down to have a well-earned cuppa when there was a knock on the door and there stood DD3 and the boys, such a lovely surprise. They had been to a party and littlest one had very strong feelings about leaving, apparently!

This morning I will go to Mass after which I will have our weekly FaceTime with my friend in Leicester. We have been friends for 46 years.

So sorry you are unwell Ashcombe. I do hope it will pass quickly and you will soon be feeling better.💐

Glad you had a happy birthday Susan56.

Wishing you all as good a day as possible.☀️

grandMattie Sun 03-Mar-24 06:21:24

Belated Happy birthday, Susan56, hope you feel better soon, Ash.

Greyduster Sun 03-Mar-24 06:24:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Still dark in South Yorkshire but it feels a little milder this morning and it’s dry. I was going to do some laundry today but realised I can’t get it to the rotary drier in the top garden because of all the timber that is stacked in the way waiting for the fence to be completed. Roll on Monday! I have an “empty” today, so I may walk the top part of our valley where it’s not likely to be soggy, though everywhere is soggy at the moment! And I shall make a cake.
Sorry to hear you’re under the weather, Ash.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 03-Mar-24 06:33:38

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I peeked outside and it is a frozen wilderness!
No church today as OH and I are going to an early showing of Dune 2. Afterwards we will have a late lunch at 3 am at a new venue.
Yesterday’s study day in Oxford on the creation of the V&A was excellent.
Have a good time especially those of you with difficulties.

Mizuna Sun 03-Mar-24 06:36:28

Good morning from Cornwall where it's cold and clear. My daughter is home from hospital and I suspect will be tired after her adventure. Today I just want to get on a bus and see the landscape as I feel I've been inside too much this week. Penzance or Hayle or Perranporth are calling. A flask of tea and a book will accompany me. Sorry you're poorly Ash.

RosesandLilac Sun 03-Mar-24 06:47:38

Good morning from a frosty hillside in south Glos, the snow has nearly all disappeared. Dog and I had a lovely walk in pristine snow first thing yesterday, she loves it. We were out for an hour and she wore herself out doing zoomies and behaving like a loon 😄
Today a long zoom tutorial, nearly 6 hours, so I’m not sure how much I will manage! It’s recorded and I will be able to rewatch it at my leisure so I’m not too worried about giving up partway through!
I’ve asked DH to order a takeaway roast from the pub, if he hasn’t then he’ll have to make do with whatever is in the fridge 😊
🌹

brook2704 Sun 03-Mar-24 06:57:01

Good morning everyone from Cambridge, it looks grey and dry outside just now
Sorry to hear you’re feeling unwell Ash hope you’re feeling much better soon
Good to hear your DD is out of hospital now mizuna hope you get to see her soon and enjoy your day out today, sounds just like what’s needed
A busy day planned here today with birthday celebrations for my youngest DGSs who’s 7. The other grandparents are coming over this afternoon and DD1 is making a big roast dinner for us all with birthday cake to follow.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

kittylester Sun 03-Mar-24 07:11:01

Good morning all from a frosty North Leicestershire.

We have had 3DGC overnight and DH and DGS4 are off to football at 9.30. When they get back, we are all off to an Event being put on by their Mum.

Fish and chips for tea!!

Have the best day possible everyone!

cornergran Sun 03-Mar-24 07:12:15

Morning Mick, morning All from a clear, cold corner of Somerset. No frost that I can see.

Gloucester Cathedral didn’t disappoint yesterday,although it was only slightly warmer inside than out. Heading home we stopped at the farm services on the M5 where we bought delicious cake and some fantastic bread. Ate quite a lot of both later. Oh dear.

Other than lunch out a quiet one ahead today. It’s been a busy couple of days and some down time will be very welcome.

I’m sorry you’re unwell ash. That’s good news about your daughter mizuna, enjoy your wandering today. A belated happy birthday susan, I’m sorry about your Mum. Good luck finding somewhere that isn’t soggy greyd. A very happy birthday to your grandson brook.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all.

Pittcity Sun 03-Mar-24 07:15:48

Good morning from a frosty Colchester. There is no rain in today's forecast at last.
I'm going to give football a miss as I'm still snotty and don't fancy standing out it the cold. DH may still go to watch DGS3 play.
Roast chicken later.
Love to all 🦩 x

karmalady Sun 03-Mar-24 07:16:21

Good morning from a frosy and bright s somerset.

Lovely day yesterday and much `adult` chatting with my DGC who are now teenagers. I was so happy to hear that all 3 have careers very much in mind. I never thought they would know what they wanted to do or study but now they all know and are settled. All service to society careers, medicine, sandhurst and physio. They have hearts of gold

It is beautiful out right now but too cold to be safe underfoot for a couple more hours. I need a few things from waitrose in wells but will go when the weather is gloomy. I don`t want to waste a sunny day, I do love these early sunny spring days, love sitting in a sunny window

Have a good day

Georgesgran Sun 03-Mar-24 07:37:02

Good morning from Newcastle. I stayed at DD1s last night, after a delicious Chinese meal.
Taking DGS1 swimming soon, then coffee with DD2. My cough is no better, so really, I just want to get back home and cough myself silly in private!
Best wishes to all. X

luluaugust Sun 03-Mar-24 07:39:10

Good morning from dry W Kent. Quiet Sunday, DH’s cold has turned to a cough, sounds awful. I have a sore throat so staying where we are seems best.
Best wishes to all

Sar53 Sun 03-Mar-24 07:40:59

Good morning from Leamington where it feels cold 🥶.
We went to see DGD1 in her WAGS (Rangers, Guides, Scouts etc) show yesterday afternoon. A great show with lots of singing and dancing. I loved it. They rehearse for about 5 months and it shows.
This morning DD1 and I are going to watch DGD2 play netball. I think we will need to wrap up warm.
SIL is off to America today on a work trip so just us girls this afternoon.
Sorry to hear that you are poorly Ash, glad to hear that your daughter is home Mizuna.
Have a pleasant Sunday everyone xx

Grandmabatty Sun 03-Mar-24 07:42:51

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 2°. It looks damp but I think it's black ice as the cars have whorls of ice on them. Susan I know what you mean about your mum. Mine hasn't remembered any significant day since last May when she was taken ill. Ash I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell. Bellasnana that sounds like a lovely day. Brook happy birthday to your dgs. I hope he has a good day.
Yesterday dgs1 and I were quite tired with this awful lingering cough and cold. We did go to Tesco for a get well present for his brother and for his mum's birthday. Somehow a present for dgs1 ended up in the trolley too!
Later in the afternoon I took him home. Dgs2 was sleeping and dd and dsil looked like they weren't far behind. Apparently dgs2 is walking like John Wayne and very sore, poor wee man.
Today I have an appointment at the opticians. I suspect I'll need new glasses because of the problem with long distance vision in my right eye. Later on I'll visit mum. I'll tell her about dgs2 but it won't stick in her mind. I suppose that could be a good thing. Roast chicken for dinner. Otherwise a quiet day. Have a good day all

Grandmabatty Sun 03-Mar-24 07:43:57

So many of us with coughs!

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 03-Mar-24 07:49:19

Good morning, we have freezing fog here in our part of Oxfordshire, it looks jolly cold. We aren’t going anywhere but the dog will arrive after lunch and will be collected as usual tomorrow afternoon, so we will have a cold walk later.
I have another cupboard to sort and a book to read.
Enjoy your Sunday.

Alygran Sun 03-Mar-24 07:58:48

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s damp and grey.
Church this morning then home for brunch. Another quiet day.
I spent 2 hours yesterday sorting the used stamps from the collection box for charity. Most needed the edges tidying up or the parcel would have been double the size.
Belated happy birthday Sue. Hope you feel better soon Ash.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Sun 03-Mar-24 08:01:00

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 2°C. DH in his wisdom changed the settings on the heating, he doesn't feel the cold, but I do!

I have a busy morning. I'm off to Mass, it's the enrolment Mass for the First Communicants, (including Dollie) so it will be extremely busy with the two schools involved. An anti nausea pill, a bottle of water and a cough sweet should get me through it.😉
Afterwards is their preparation class, in which I am involved.
DH, who always goes to the Saturday Vigil, to see his darling Dollie is also coming, but will be off sharpish to watch the football in his empty. Heaven knows when I will get home.
Unlike me, DH is very circumspect, but he was chuffed to bits, when the regulars noticed he was missing at Mass last night!
It will be a an afternoon of resting, I never stopped yesterday.

I hope your stomach settles Ash, its very draining and that your grandson ins making good progress, GMB.
Glad to hear you had a good day, Susan.

Have I missed Rosie's Maw and Scalpal posting recently? I do admit to not being fully compos mentis, so I may have missed them.

BlueSapphire Sun 03-Mar-24 08:06:37

Good morning everyone from a bright and frosty Northampton; hopefully it will remain dry today.

Did very little yesterday apart from the Saturday papers, and finished watching the Cazalet Chronicles DVD. A pity they only covered the first two books, and a further series, although planned, was not made.

Out to lunch today with the family to celebrate DS's birthday which was in the week. Presents to wrap this morning.

After that home to more tv and the Sunday papers; no need to cook tonight!
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Jaxjacky Sun 03-Mar-24 08:10:40

Morning from a frosty S Hants. We went out for a late lunch with friends yesterday, my knee behaved, although I was very wary and it was great to be out of the house.
I hope that clears up quickly Ash.
Enjoy the birthday shenanigans brook.
Good news about your daughter mizuna happy wandering today.
No plans today, MrJ may well visit our local for meat draw.
🦩🦩