Gransnet forums

Chat

Latest Scam. Anyone else getting these?

(21 Posts)
Mollygo Mon 04-Mar-24 13:35:14

Today I received the following message from BOOTS (see image below) telling me I had won a toothbrush. I knew it was a scam, but decided to investigate further.
When I clicked on the email address of the sender to find out more about it, I learned that the BOOTS message was coming from interflora!
I deleted it anyway, but these emails seem to be arriving more frequently.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 04-Mar-24 13:45:17

I get them every day, purporting to be from Boots, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Tesco - all sorts. I see the heading and delete.

Cossy Mon 04-Mar-24 13:52:57

Germanshepherdsmum

I get them every day, purporting to be from Boots, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Tesco - all sorts. I see the heading and delete.

Me too GSM. The best advice ever is to simply delete them, don’t even open them!

Mollygo Mon 04-Mar-24 16:57:39

I don’t click on the link asking me to confirm that I’ve won, but I did wonder who it was linked to. Quite a relief to know it’s not just me getting them. I think I’ll change my password though.

lemsip Mon 04-Mar-24 17:09:54

I don't get any of these thankfully

AlwaysSmiling Mon 04-Mar-24 17:25:59

How can you win something when you haven't entered a competition. I never, ever open the emails even to see who sent it it is because once you open it, the person who has sent it to you knows it is a working email box and you will get more and more scam emails than before. Just mark it as spam.

Iam64 Mon 04-Mar-24 20:20:32

In recent days I had the boots toothbrush thing - deleted
Yesterday, a convincing looking email from my credit card company. It said they were about to,pay £1,340 from my card, could I confirm it’s genuine. I googled the card name - scam? Yes it’s the latest. So that was deleted.

It’s tecious

Iam64 Mon 04-Mar-24 20:20:46

Tedious !

Grammaretto Mon 04-Mar-24 20:33:59

It's like the bad old days. I had something today with an attachment telling me I'd ordered something but I haven't.
I didn't open it.

Eloethan Tue 05-Mar-24 00:19:32

Wow - a toothbrush - how could you resist!!

Iam64 Tue 05-Mar-24 07:56:57

Not just any toothbrush Eloethan, an expensive electric toothbrush

Chocolatelovinggran Tue 05-Mar-24 08:28:46

I haven't heard from my Nigerian Prince in a while. Has he dumped me for someone else?

Grantanow Tue 05-Mar-24 10:10:28

I agree. Don't open them. Just delete them

dragonfly46 Tue 05-Mar-24 10:20:37

I get very little junk mail as it is screened by Google.

Eloethan Tue 05-Mar-24 10:21:13

Oh, sorry, didn't realise that Iam.

Tizliz Tue 05-Mar-24 11:12:20

Chocolatelovinggran

I haven't heard from my Nigerian Prince in a while. Has he dumped me for someone else?

Yes you are dumped, trying me now 🙄

Witzend Wed 06-Mar-24 09:55:59

I’ve never had a Nigerian prince courting me. 🙁. I feel deprived!

I get quite a few purporting to be from Royal Mail, telling me they’ve tried unsuccessfully to deliver a parcel - no doubt there would be postage due if I were daft enough to follow it up.

I haven’t bothered informing our lovely postman, who delivers everything promptly. When ordering online I actively choose RM if there’s a choice - at least I know parcels won’t be left on no. 17’s doorstep.

FoghornLeghorn Wed 06-Mar-24 11:55:24

Yes, I win something every day. Lucky me!

SORES Wed 06-Mar-24 13:21:15

Why isn’t this nonsense going directly into everyone’s Spam folder, to be emptied occasionally? as dragonfly pointed out. I love my Delete button, POWER !

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 06-Mar-24 13:23:20

Mine do go to spam, which I check daily as legitimate emails can also end up there.

NonnaW Wed 06-Mar-24 13:42:53

I get loads of these. Usually forward them to report@phishing. If you scroll down to the end of the message they usually have an address in Florida.