Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 5th March 2024

(77 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 05-Mar-24 05:41:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , cold and frosty outside here in brackley at the moment .
Todays plans , usual bus to Bicester and do my regular routine there , and hoping to return home to find my new EE/BT box has been delivered .
health wise appear to improve as the days go by , but cannot wait for better weather conditions with milder air so I can do more as to attending to graves etc.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 05-Mar-24 05:48:23

Good morning from Bristol. I have peered out, but can’t really say what the weather is doing apart from not raining. It is still pretty chilly.
My visit to the hygienist went well until I swallowed and had a fit of coughing due to the spray from the drill thingy…
Quiet evening. Dinner was Sunday leftovers.
Today, I’ve got nothing planned, just a few essentials from the greengrocer, and, most importantly a couple of bunches of daffodils.
I hope the day is kind to those in distress. Carpe diem, carpe horam 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Tue 05-Mar-24 05:55:42

Good morning from s somerset. Lovely dry and sunny weather expected today

I changed my bedding yesterday, I was warm so put linen on and took away my electric blanket. I changed my mind when the rain came later, it went cold and I was cold and decided that I could not do without my cosy electric blanket. I re-did my bed and was thankful for the warmth when I went up last night.

I am just about to put a full wash on and will go out late morning for a short cycle ride, to stay mobile

Have a good day

Ashcombe Tue 05-Mar-24 06:01:03

Good morning from a chilly but , thankfully, dry Torbay.

Yesterday it was a joy to feel that I’d recovered from whatever upset my system on Sunday. Today will see me resume normal activities with the Props session at the theatre this morning.

Daffodils are such a welcome sight after a long Winter, grandMattie. I have some hyacinths in bloom which have a similar effect.

Such energy, karmalady, is impressive! Changing the bed once is enough for me!

I hope everyone has as good a day as possible. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Susan56 Tue 05-Mar-24 06:20:01

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry and sunny day forecast.

Yesterdays appointment with the consultant went well.I was in with him for 50 minutes.He is arranging for me to have another MRI😭

Today we have the funeral of a friend of ours from church.

Hope everyone has a good day🦩

Grandmabatty Tue 05-Mar-24 06:22:38

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 6° and dry. Glad you are feeling better Ash. I still have my electric blanket on Karma. It's been a godsend.
Yesterday, despite my trepidation, dgs2 and I managed fairly well. Dgs1 has decided he wants to be treated differently now he's five so good luck to his mum and dad negotiating that!
Today another childcare day. Dgs2 enjoys running round my front garden so he'll probably do that at some point. Chicken and chorizo pasta for dinner. Have a good day all.

Mizuna Tue 05-Mar-24 06:24:44

Good morning from Cornwall where sun is forecast. I pottered yesterday with wiring some little box trees which I'm topiaring into cloud formations so they look like bunches of lollipops. It demands much patience but fortunately I've got plenty of that. I bought them as tiny plants from Tesco years ago and have grown fond of them, only just stopping myself from saying hello to them, they look so cute! 🤣

Today my daughter-in-law is taking me out to lunch as an early Mother's Day treat. She's found a place that has an amazing range of veggie wraps. We've missed each other since my hospital trip, so there'll be lots of catching up to do.

Pantglas2 Tue 05-Mar-24 06:24:48

Morning all from dark north Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿- just up so not sure what ‘s outside weatherwise but I’m going nowhere so hardly matters!

I think daffodils herald Spring too Ash and picked some on my walk for a paper on Sunday as we have none in PGTowers grounds this year ( you’d laugh if you saw where I live, nowhere is more misnamed…😂)

Filing and food prep is on my agenda for today, boring but necessary and I do like ‘order out of chaos’ ! Plus no other beggar is going to do it!

Will pop along later ….

monk08 Tue 05-Mar-24 06:47:50

Good morning all from the Black country where we have had rain overnight.
DH has an early appointment for bloods we shall then go for breakfast, I have the hairdressers later and will probably pay a visit to Iceland for a few bits 10% day.
Will come back later to read everyone's happenings must go and wake DH.
Have a nice day all ☀️

RosesandLilac Tue 05-Mar-24 06:53:00

Good morning from foggy, frosty south Glos, a murky morning here.
Off for an ECG and bloods later but nothing else planned. I feel in need of sunshine, my batteries are running down! Luckily my hyacinths and tulips are flowering, a very welcome sight, and shrubs have tiny green buds emerging. There’s frogspawn galore in the pond but it’s touch and go as to whether it survives the cold. We haven’t had a good outcome for several years now, sadly, but nevertheless we see a number of frogs and toads in the garden and greenhouse.
Hope all goes well for you all 🌹

NannyJan53 Tue 05-Mar-24 06:59:50

Good morning from a misty Black Country, where sunshine is forecast for later.

Going out for the day with my friend to a National Trust property as she has a voucher for free entry for two. Then probably go for lunch somewhere afterwards.

Wishing you all the best day possible.

cornergran Tue 05-Mar-24 07:13:06

Morning Mick, morning All. Looks like we’ve had some rain overnight, a dry day forecast with some welcome sunshine.

Mr C was weary yesterday, chilly too. I do smile when I see him using the beautiful lap quilt my cousin made for him, he looks about three. Other than that amusement it was a quiet day. I’ve just about finished my weeding exercise, tackled the ottoman bed yesterday, it is at least tidy under there now. Another half day and I’m done.

Grocery delivery first thing then some dust removal. A package to collect from Waitrose later, maybe a cuppa in their cafe.

We love daffodils too. Spring bulbs are flowering in tubs in the garden, some brave tete a tete daffodils and hycaniths have emerged from the soggy soil. They all make me smile, so cheerful.

Pleased you’re back to your usual self ash and your grandson is on the mend grandmab. Thoughts go to all finding life a challenge. Hope Tuesday is kind to us all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 05-Mar-24 07:14:22

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. It looks damp but not frosty.
I had a dreadful night. I was awake from around 2.30 am to 4 am. Basically worrying about my family, war, forthcoming elections etc. there’s nothing I can do about any of it, which somehow makes it worse.
I’m off to the picture framers again today - they were shut yesterday. Then WI admin and out to a friend’s this evening. OH has his U3A science group this afternoon and his shooting club this evening.
I hope I perk up a bit as the day goes on.
Have a good day everyone. Spring is just around the corner.🌼

Sar53 Tue 05-Mar-24 07:17:31

Good morning from Leamington, my last morning here. I shall be on the first of 4 trains home by 10.30.
DD1 and I both have nasty colds, goodness knows where we picked them up.
I love coming here to spend time with the girls but I enjoy getting back home again.
Have a pleasant Tuesday everyone xx

GrannyGravy13 Tue 05-Mar-24 07:18:58

Morning all from a grey S E Essex were it is raining ☔️☔️☔️

Manicure first thing, then I will go with the flow

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️

Pittcity Tue 05-Mar-24 07:23:22

Good morning from rainy Colchester. I did not expect to be greeted with grey, cold and damp when I put the bins out a few minutes ago. I'm sure that more of yesterday's sun was forecast.
A day volunteering in the charity shop as it's Tuesday. DH is fishing so I can do extra hours if needed.
My daffodils have been almost flattened by the recent weather. I may cut them for a vase.
Love to all 🦩 x

brook2704 Tue 05-Mar-24 07:25:17

Good from Inverness, it’s looks dry outside but feeling a bit chilly
Good to hear you’re feeling better Ash, enjoy your day today at the theatre
Thank you for all your good wishes yesterday, I arrived home safely about 4 o’clock. The flight from Luton arrived in a little bit earlier than scheduled and DH picked me up from the airport. I’m nothing planned today, but looking forward to getting wrapped up warm, going outside and doing a bit of gardening in the fresh air
Enjoy your day out today at the NT property NannyJan and your lunch afterwards
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care of what type of the day brings 💐

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 05-Mar-24 07:25:54

Good morning from a dull but dry Oxfordshire, an early off for us this morning, we scheduled a house appointment for 1pm, but whilst checking the emails for post codes noticed it was for 12, so we will have to get going, too late to reschedule now.
Should be a fun few days, plus we will go to the beach yaaaay, cant wait.
Have a good day everyone, let’s hope the sun shines.hugs for all the poorly grans, we need some good weather to cheer us all up.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Mar-24 07:26:26

Good morning from a wet South Downs.

Yesterday was beautiful, and the sun is certainly getting stronger. Next month we always put up the blinds in the conservatory and that heralds the start of the summer sun! There they stay for 6 months.

I am noting gaps in the garden where I can plant more bulbs at the end of summer for next spring. I think some daffodils are definitely more perennial than others.

It was nice to have a long chat with three other neighbours whom I haven’t seen since Christmas - the sun certainly brings people out. I “live” in the back of the house so never see what is going on in the road outside. It seems I missed quite a lot😄😄.

Might go to the garden centre today DH needs some fish blood and bone and I’m sure I need something🙂

Enjoy your day all
Peace and harmony to our world

Marydoll Tue 05-Mar-24 07:33:13

Good morning all from Glasgow, where its 6°C.

Gosh, Susan that was a long consultation, but good to hear your consultant was thorough.
I hope your boy continues to improve GMB

Yesterday was full on, including stripping the bed like Karma, because it was a lovely day. However, making it back up again on my own is beyond my capabilities. I needed DH's help but of course he was enjoying himself in the golf course. It was only when I went up to bed exhausted, I realised I had forgotten to make it back up! 😡

Babydoll was delightful and great company, but you cannot take your eyes off her. It takes two to change her nappy, she fights it and at one point I found myself covered in poo! 🤮 TMI.
She is so different from Dollie, but just as loveable. We received two videos from Dollie last night, which was the icing on the cake.

I laughingly said to DH, I don't think we should have any more children, I couldn't do this on a daily basis!
My son asked how I ever managed to cope with three under five on my own. You just do, don't you.

This morning I have to follow DH in the rush hour to drop his car at the garage and then repeat the journey tonight. He booked it in, without checking if I had anything on. I do! 😡
Yesterday I popped into the dealership to finalise the purchase of my new car, it was a short visit, because we had a very hangry baby in the car!

A while later, I received a call from the dealership about my appointment at 8am this morning. I explained that I had already been in and my appointment was tomorrow afternoon.
The lady kept insisting. Then it dawned on me, she was talking about DH's car, not mine. Both appointments are at the same dealership, but on different days.
I don't know how many times, I have suggested that DH uses his mobile, not the landline, in case they need to contact him.
He does it all the time and we get weird automated texts to the landline. He is so stubborn, as was proved by his conversation with the receptionist. He wanted to wait for it, she said that wasn't possible. Would he listen?

I need to get a move on. He is champing at the bit to get going. Sigh.
I am going to trail him round Asda and Home Bargains, as his punishment. That is the only way he will get home. unless he gets two buses, 🤣
I can no longer manage a big shop, so I will grasp the opportunity.

Have a good day folks and those who struggle are never far from my thoughts.

Jaxjacky Tue 05-Mar-24 07:34:29

Morning from a wet S Hants, it poured an hour ago, now it’s brightening, we have a cleaner coming as a one off for upstairs this morning.
MrJ went to quiz last night and has bowls tonight, I’ll be slowly cleaning the kitchen.
🦩🦩

Grammaretto Tue 05-Mar-24 07:37:08

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Yesterday was so sunny. I basked in the garden bower with my coffee. The washing dried on the line and some daffodils are out.

I made half a dozen mugs in the pottery which I'll finish off today.
The Scottish Potters are donating mugs to the Maggie's Centres around Scotland.
While DH was being treated at the Western General Hospital, I would often wait at Maggie's and have a chat or sit in the beautiful garden.

Tonight is the Gaelic class so i have homework to do.

I'm glad you are better Ash. Sounds like Dgs2 is fine again Grandmabatty

Have a good day today everyone.

luluaugust Tue 05-Mar-24 07:39:45

Good morning from a damp W Kent I heard from Dd2 that DGD2 had a horrible experience at her dental op. This is what had been worrying me as I realised she had no idea of what it would be like, lots of tears afterwards. I am going to see her and her mum later this afternoon and hope a nights rest has helped.
Yesterday’s U3A local history group visit to an ancient church just outside our district was very interesting, we had never been there in all the years we lived nearby.
Best wishes to all

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Mar-24 07:52:27

Oh! I forgot

Happy St Pirans Day.

Mizuna Tue 05-Mar-24 07:54:51

Yes, I managed to forget St Piran's Day too! Ooh. Some schools in Cornwall allow parents to take their children out for this one day.