Gransnet forums

Chat

Transgender women and an early state pension.

(466 Posts)
Sago Tue 05-Mar-24 10:00:32

Transgender women born between 31 October 1953 and 6 November 1953 may be eligible for State Pension from 31 October 2018 to the date of their 65th birthday.

I’m not sure how I feel about this.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 05-Mar-24 10:03:39

I am a woman and had to wait until I was 66, it seems to me that men feeling like a woman want to pick and choose the most advantageous bits of both sexes…

Grantanow Tue 05-Mar-24 10:08:53

Scrounging.

AmberSpyglass Tue 05-Mar-24 10:09:37

It’s fine: trans women are women.

Doodledog Tue 05-Mar-24 10:13:15

AmberSpyglass

Should they pay back the extra money they were paid when they weren't women? The 20%+ that goes with the gender pay gap? Or can they identify their way out of that, too?

25Avalon Tue 05-Mar-24 10:16:37

Are they real trans or just saying they are to get extra benefits?

MaizieD Tue 05-Mar-24 10:17:44

It's a bit odd. It only applies to people born within a tiny window (7days) in one year. Are real cis women born within those dates entitled to get pension at 65?

It must affect a minute number of people.
(and yes, if it's different treatment from everyone else's, it's wrong)

Mollygo Tue 05-Mar-24 10:25:53

AmberSpyglass

Didn’t take long for the lie to appear. Transwomen are transwomen. Women are adult human females. No transwoman can ever claim to be that without lying.

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Mar-24 10:48:11

Doodledog

AmberSpyglass

Should they pay back the extra money they were paid when they weren't women? The 20%+ that goes with the gender pay gap? Or can they identify their way out of that, too?

When did they decide that they thought they were women?

Whose decision is this? How about all the unfairness that women have suffered over the years by being lied to by DWP?

Happygirl79 Tue 05-Mar-24 11:43:25

The world has gone bonkers

Dotty123 Tue 05-Mar-24 12:12:06

I try to keep an open mind but am struggling with the NHS supporting transgender women trying to breast/chest feed while cancelling other NHS procedures for lack of funding…
www.standard.co.uk/news/health/transgender-womens-breast-milk-babies-nhs-trust-sussex-b1140073.html

Theexwife Tue 05-Mar-24 12:13:03

I would like to know how many trans women were born in that six day period, maybe none. It doesn’t bother me but would mean so much to those women so why not.

Ailsa43 Tue 05-Mar-24 12:13:42

Doodledog

AmberSpyglass

best answer I've seen on any platform in a long time..!

Ailsa43 Tue 05-Mar-24 12:14:20

Callistemon21

Doodledog

AmberSpyglass

When did they decide that they thought they were women?

Whose decision is this? How about all the unfairness that women have suffered over the years by being lied to by DWP?

Couldn't agree more.

nanna8 Tue 05-Mar-24 12:16:28

Me,too. It’s nonsense. If they worked as a man and got the wages of a man then that’s it .

growstuff Tue 05-Mar-24 12:23:35

MaizieD

It's a bit odd. It only applies to people born within a tiny window (7days) in one year. Are real cis women born within those dates entitled to get pension at 65?

It must affect a minute number of people.
(and yes, if it's different treatment from everyone else's, it's wrong)

That's what I was thinking. It's wrong, but how many people does it involve? Where is this idea coming from?

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Mar-24 12:23:53

Theexwife

I would like to know how many trans women were born in that six day period, maybe none. It doesn’t bother me but would mean so much to those women so why not.

Which women?

Namsnanny Tue 05-Mar-24 12:52:43

It doesn't matter if it is one man or many.
Or if they have had cosmetic surgery or not.
It is our gov, (if this info is correct) being hijacked by this ideology and making decisions on our behalf without taking our opinions into account.

Mollygo Tue 05-Mar-24 12:56:29

A minute number-unless lots of males come flooding out claiming that they’ve been TW since birth and their birthdate fits that window.

RosiesMaw Tue 05-Mar-24 13:00:45

I hope I offend nobody especially with MH issues but
Asylum, lunatics, in charge spring to mind

Poppyred Tue 05-Mar-24 13:01:11

Happygirl79

Oh yea! 🤪🤪🤪

Namsnanny Tue 05-Mar-24 13:33:44

Poppyred

Happygirl79

Oh yea! 🤪🤪🤪

and it is our gc who will reap the worst of it.

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Mar-24 14:24:59

Namsnanny

Poppyred

Happygirl79

Oh yea! 🤪🤪🤪

and it is our gc who will reap the worst of it.

But they will be so indoctrinated that what seems to be pushing boundaries now will seem like the norm to them and even wider boundaries will be established.

VioletSky Tue 05-Mar-24 14:35:56

Now trans women are responsible for the gender pay gap?

Cool

What else can we pin on them?

Global warming?
Underfunding of the NHS?
The bigger gaps in Toblerone these days?

ordinarygirl Tue 05-Mar-24 14:44:34

I don't think people would have changed their identity for money but to be the same as how they feel about themselves. I feel blessed to feel the same gender as when I was born . That is one less struggle I have to face.