Gransnet forums

Christmas

Gransnet Christmas Party 2019

(61 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 11-Dec-19 11:24:56

It's official, the silly season is upon us and we've finally got round to dusting off the baubles and embracing the tinsel. We'll be hosting our annual Christmas party from Christmas Eve till the big day itself and everyone is welcome!

If you've got a busy day planned please feel free to pop in and wish your fellow Gransnetters whenever you can, and if you find yourself on your own for Christmas for whatever reason, bring a (virtual) bottle or plate of mince pies, put on your paper hat, tell us a cheesy snowman joke and join the party!

Thanks to your suggestions from last year, we have a Christmas playlist all ready to go but if any of your favourites are missing please add them to this thread and we can include them.

In the meantime, if you've got any virtual decorations to add to the mix, please do. The gaudier the better obviously. tchgrin

Charleygirl5 Wed 11-Dec-19 13:14:09

Lara I am a laydee and I could not possibly do gaudy!

Pittcity Wed 11-Dec-19 13:56:39

My favourite seasonal joke, so far:

A line of Santa’s little helpers dance into a bar. The barman (who loves an anagram) says ‘why the elf conga?’ tchwink

lemongrove Wed 11-Dec-19 15:22:09

I love anagrams to ( long face emoji lacking on here)
Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper? He sold his soul to Santa.

Teetime Thu 12-Dec-19 09:03:29

Good morning all- a bit early for jokes for me but Merry Christmas all. [thcsmile]

QuaintIrene Thu 12-Dec-19 09:43:24

A party! I am on my own at Christmas apart from my cats.
Folk don’t know what they are missing. Or maybe they do !

What did Adam say to his wife on the day before Christmas?

It’s Christmas, Eve.
?

I like that song by Greg Lake x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 12-Dec-19 12:51:01

I also love the Greg Lake song, I Believe in Father Christmas.

Could I bring a mountain of smoked salmon?
Ooh, and trifle?
And lashings of tea?

Pittcity Thu 12-Dec-19 15:07:50

I've heard that Chris Rea's car has failed it's MOT ?

Harris27 Thu 12-Dec-19 20:16:40

Dusting off that old black dress and high heeled shoes ( as if I could walk in them) will have my once a year sherry and order my late night taxi ! Sorted!!

NanaandGrampy Fri 13-Dec-19 17:13:04

In honour of another thread where some e pressed borrow...I shall be wearing a light up , musical Christmas sweater !!

NanaandGrampy Fri 13-Dec-19 17:13:27

Oh bugger ...expressed horror!

sumber8 Sat 14-Dec-19 08:29:14

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MissAdventure Sat 14-Dec-19 14:21:55

Well, I'm not sure i'll look quite that good in my Christmas jumper.

Reported.

squirrel5 Sun 15-Dec-19 09:03:51

I quite like the Christmas song by Leona Lewis,called One mor e sleep??

matson Sun 15-Dec-19 09:16:42

We have snow todaytchshock very festive, and Bleedin cold !

NanaDH Sun 15-Dec-19 09:35:56

"It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas", two youngest grandchildren helped put up and decorate the tree. We made some cards, drank hot chocolate and watched the Grinch.
Perfect? mayhem .

hulahoop Sun 15-Dec-19 10:05:11

We have finally got decorations sorted ,wrapping pressies today ?We had two very excited GC yesterday singing Christmas songs ??

LuckyFour Sun 15-Dec-19 10:40:15

I could do with cheering up - thanks gransnet.
We're going away to distant daughter's for a week over Christmas so we haven't put up a tree. Still not bought all Christmas presents and annoyingly a couple of birthday presents. DH does nothing except the occasional unhelpful suggestion. Came home 5 pm yesterday after looking for gifts in a very crowded town. DH not even started evening meal let alone put the kettle on. I've been sulking ever since. I know it's childish but I have to start again today doing everything. No, I'm not going to ask.

Sorry, rant over. Thank goodness for gransnet!

Americanpie Sun 15-Dec-19 10:48:28

Please add Walking in the air from the Snowman sung by Aled Jones. It always reminds me of Christmas. Thanks.

Pittcity Sun 15-Dec-19 10:59:53

The kettle's always on in Soop's kitchen but in here it's champagne central! tchgrin

angie95 Sun 15-Dec-19 17:05:37

Last Christmas, Mary's Boy Child (Johnny Mathis X

Nortsat46 Sun 15-Dec-19 17:28:24

Well dragonfly, Pooh and Piglet are taking us all to the pub first ... (see her earlier thread *To lighten the mood a bit ...*)

But we’ll come on after that .... can we have lots of virtual crisps, nuts and canapés please ... as they are obviously calorie free. Also many glasses of (virtual) fizz for me please ... as it is obviously hang-over free.

HillyN Sun 15-Dec-19 21:43:29

Here are some decorations you might like:

Fiachna50 Mon 16-Dec-19 00:50:46

A Winter's Tale - David Essex , Run Run Rudolph- Bryan Adams , Mary's Boy Child - Boney M, Merry Christmas Everybody - Slade , White Christmas- Bing Crosby, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland. Merry Christmas to you - Nat King Cole.

SarahCGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 17-Dec-19 15:01:10

Hi everyone, we've just updated our Christmas playlist with your requests tchsmile. You can listen here. Keep them coming! We're feeling very christmassy here at HQ tchgrin