Gransnet forums

Christmas

The C word - my first present!

(14 Posts)
MawtheMerrier Fri 30-Sep-22 10:46:51

I know some of you started Christmas shopping back in January or having been stashing things away in the present drawer all year, so you won’t be impressed.
But I am (at myself)
D came down from Birmingham yesterday and we met for coffee and lunch at a Rural Shopping Courtyard , with the inevitable bit of browsing and shopping. She admired a picture in the corner of one the shops and then some table lamps in another which she may well come back to buy, the lamps I mean.
So today I had this inspiration - the picture for her Christmas present! Or if we are doing Secret Santa I will fiddle that so I get her, or if we are setting a limit on adult presents, it can be a joint present for her and SIL.
Feeling totally smug now and probably won’t buy anything else until I panic round about the 12 th of December

ixion Fri 30-Sep-22 10:49:10

Well, I find this morning that I have missed the last recommended C*** posting date, surface mail, to Australia.

September 12th, they want?

Harris27 Fri 30-Sep-22 10:52:33

No way for Australia? Are you sure? I have definitely missed this.

ixion Fri 30-Sep-22 11:35:33

'Fraid so Harris27.

Just off to open up Santa's Grotto pdq and getting the elves on board.

Marydoll Fri 30-Sep-22 11:44:48

I got MY first Christmas present today. It is our wedding anniversary and DH gave me a dress, which he had bought for my Christmas, but decided to give it now, so that I would get the benefit of it !!!

Namsnanny Fri 30-Sep-22 12:27:02

I dont think I've ever been bought a dress as a surprise.
I hinted to my husband about a very expensive dress I fell I love with, once years ago.
It was off the peg, but only a few were made. He went to London for a business meeting and quietly bought it for me. But said he wouldnt have done so if he wasnt sure I liked it.
Enjoy wearing it Marydoll

The best presents come from paying attention to a person likes.
Your daughter will be thrilled you cared enough to remember she liked the picture,MawTheMerrier

TwiceAsNice Fri 30-Sep-22 15:23:07

Lovely surprise for your daughter I would think. It was my birthday in July and my friend bought me something I I’d admired in a shop near her I was so pleased to have it.

Relating to Christmas presents I haven’t got loads but have bought several over the last few months if I’ve seen the right thing for someone especially if it’s been in a sale

Callistemon21 Fri 30-Sep-22 16:23:01

ixion

Well, I find this morning that I have missed the last recommended C*** posting date, surface mail, to Australia.

September 12th, they want?

Oh no!

Well, I have found that unless you send anything by airmail by the middle of October, it won't get there until the end of January at least.

Australia Post is dire too.
Even ordering a card from an Australian website to be delivered within Australia took 3 or 4 weeks to arrive.

I sure she'll love the present and will be pleased you remembered, MawtheMerrier

LOUISA1523 Fri 30-Sep-22 17:40:49

I've bought theatre tickets for Annie for my GD and DD as Xmas pressies
Thats it though

Flaxseed Fri 30-Sep-22 21:47:38

I have bought both Grandsons presents already. Have started noting down ideas for others and arranged a full day Xmas shopping day with DD1 early November.
I get stressed if I am not done early enough confused

BigBertha1 Fri 30-Sep-22 22:25:01

Saw some mad multi coloured golf balls in the pro shop yesterday I'm getting those for DH he can never find his balls and I have to trip all through the woods to rummage for them.

Blossoming Fri 30-Sep-22 22:34:28

he can never find his balls and I have to trip all through the woods to rummage for them.

I actually LOL’d at this grin

I’ll get me coat.

Marydoll Sat 01-Oct-22 07:36:21

My DH has orange balls, saves a lot of bother! ?

Flaxseed Sat 01-Oct-22 07:40:06

Bigbertha1 grin

You must surely win ‘Wife of the year 2022!’