Put any lights or decor up yet?

Grannybags Tue 22-Nov-22 09:54:44

No!!

Grandmadinosaur Tue 22-Nov-22 09:56:26

No.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 22-Nov-22 09:56:35

No!

henetha Tue 22-Nov-22 09:56:44

No. But I am planning to do so a bit earlier than usual this year in an effort to cheer up. And I bought some new Christmas lights for the windows.

karmalady Tue 22-Nov-22 09:57:03

It has been so dull and miserable here for days, proper gloomy november weather. I am about to crack and at the very least, will unearth my decor and scandi wooden tree, from my garage. I have a window of dry weather and sun, goodness knows for how long so will be bringing my nice cheerful things indoors from my garage

I may just stash them for now but next gloomy day, will likely start to put them up. At least the wooden tree and my beautiful tree decorations and perhaps a light or two

NotSpaghetti Tue 22-Nov-22 09:58:49

No! It's still November - won't do ours till mid-December

lixy Tue 22-Nov-22 09:59:52

No, not until Christmas Eve here as DD has a late December birthday.
However my next door neighbour's tree is twinkling away.

FannyCornforth Tue 22-Nov-22 10:04:04

I’m definitely thinking about it!
I’ve got some leafy gold lights coming from M&S today, and I might put them around a picture or something.
I’ve still got my Autumn decorations up - squirrels and pumpkins 🐿

Shinamae Tue 22-Nov-22 10:05:29

🤦‍♀️ No!

FannyCornforth Tue 22-Nov-22 10:05:36

You’re definitely a woman after my own heart Karmalady
You can’t have too much twinkle!

TerriBull Tue 22-Nov-22 10:07:31

No! I'm very attracted to lights, must have been a moth in a previous life! My husband is of the opinion Christmas is but two days of the year and all talk of it should be banned until December at least. However, we will be scouting garden centres soon for a Christmas tree then I'll be getting our Christmas paraphernalia out when we buy one, which will include various lights.

Witzend Tue 22-Nov-22 10:11:07

I’ve still got fairy lights in a huge house plant in the bay window - they went in for Christmas maybe 3 years ago, and I left them up, saying I’d take them down when the clocks changed in March, but I never did.

Apart from that, no. Small potted tree - it’s been in the garden since last year - will go outside the front door on 1st December.

Indoor bigger tree probably on the 10th - sister arriving from the US on the 11th.

I do like seeing other peoples lights and trees in windows etc. though, even though it’s too soon for me. They brighten up the dark days.

ShazzaKanazza Tue 22-Nov-22 10:11:37

No but they are going up Saturday.

FannyCornforth Tue 22-Nov-22 10:16:11

ShazzaKanazza

No but they are going up Saturday.

You go girl! 👏 👏 👏

NotSpaghetti Tue 22-Nov-22 10:21:45

lixy, we have done this since our late-December son was born. Now he is living abroad we are happy to make a wreath for the door and put our tiny lights on the outside tree and do some simple things such as putting up the Christmas cards. It still feels wrong to do the tree till the "last minute".
I don't know about you but we do leave ours up till 12th night so still get to enjoy ours for long enough.

downtoearth Tue 22-Nov-22 10:23:25

Definitely thinking about it,next doors have been up about 10 days,but they have young children.

NotAGran55 Tue 22-Nov-22 10:23:38

Nope. Won’t be done until December 23rd when my boys come home.
Can’t wait for them to do it - it’s not Christmas without the traditional arguments about how to do it…

Oldwoman70 Tue 22-Nov-22 10:27:27

There are 12 days of Christmas - none of them are in November!

I love Christmas decorations but feel if they go up too early they are no longer special. When I put them up I do tend to go overboard - not just sitting room and dining room but also hall, kitchen and outdoors!

Grandmabatty Tue 22-Nov-22 10:30:52

Not yet. I have November birthdays so I like to get them over first. I do have fairy lights on a bookcase but they're there most of the year. I have a dgs2 whose at the crawling and grabbing stage so I'll have to work out how to protect the tree from him.

Yammy Tue 22-Nov-22 10:32:16

No, but they are all sorted out. I also bought some Christmas dried flowers and leaves from M&S before they get sold out.
A tip I was given many years ago about holly usually works about three weeks before Christmas.
If your Holly has lots of red berries but you see the birds start to peck. Cut what you need put in a bucket with water then take a bin liner and completely cover them tucking the liner into the water. Put the bucket somewhere cold a garden shed or garage and they are usually fresh to use when you want them in the house.

nadateturbe Tue 22-Nov-22 10:38:53

No! Ordered GS's presents on amazon, just waiting to be told which Christmas pj's.
Started writing cards.
Made book wish list for our children who insist on buying us presents.

Sago Tue 22-Nov-22 10:41:38

NO!
We have a holiday let that we are going up to decorate on 1/2 December but at home we decorate a week before Christmas.

Calendargirl Tue 22-Nov-22 11:05:10

Will probably put them up the first weekend in December, but they will be down the day after Boxing Day.

Hate to see them up into January.

Bah humbug!

aonk Tue 22-Nov-22 11:06:04

Not yet. We will have a real tree so will wait until about 10 days before Christmas. DH has put up the lights in the trees by our front door but we won’t switch them on until we decorate indoors.