Gransnet forums

Competitions

Won anything?

(626 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-Jul-16 13:55:24

We've always got something fabulous up for grabs here on Gransnet. If you've got any questions about a prize or would like to discuss what you've won with fellow gransnetters, feel free to post here.

Also - do check your emails around the closing date of the competition you've entered. If you've won, we would have emailed you the details. Don't forget to check your junk mail, as sometimes our mails slip through the net.

If you've got your posts in chronological order, click on 'Last' at the top of this thread to skip to the last page of this thread for the most recent winners. You can find past winners on our previous 'Won anything?' thread here.

Best of luck!

GNHQ

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-Jul-16 13:59:58

First comp winner of this thread...Well done to graninthemist who has won an Ultimate Big Wild Sleepout Kit worth over £500.

Please check your emails for more details.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 01-Aug-16 15:47:21

Congrats to NanaandGrampy who has won £450 worth of summer reads.

We've also posted on the original thread. Please check your emails for more details.

Grannyknot Mon 01-Aug-16 16:24:52

Wow! Congrats nana&grampy just as well there are two of you! grin

Charleygirl Mon 01-Aug-16 16:28:50

Congrats NanaandGrampy that is a fabulous prize.

mumofmadboys Mon 01-Aug-16 22:53:20

Thank you GN for the Alphabet book. Very quick delivery. The youngest member of the family will be thrilled with it. ( I ordered it on the late side as we were on holiday).

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 03-Aug-16 13:58:56

Well done to maggieriordan who has won a Diono Dreamliner Travel Bassinet as the winner of this fortnight's Facebook competition.

Please check your emails.

NanaandGrampy Wed 03-Aug-16 17:14:05

Thank you all!!! I am super excited ( as to be fair are my two daughters !!) . Once we've read them, we're going to spread the love and distribute them to the local hospital and hospice for long stay patients.

Grampy .... Is unlikely to get a look in. He has his nose to the decorating grindstone and there will be nodustractions smile x

mumofmadboys Wed 03-Aug-16 17:16:54

Distracted by dust? Not me!!!

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 03-Aug-16 18:13:45

Well done to dirgni who has been picked to win £100 John Lewis vouchers as the winner of the Go Ultra Low competition.

We'll be dropping you an email shortly.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 08-Aug-16 12:51:56

Well done to kimnhol, grannyqueenie, topsy29, luckylatic and broadbent1 who have all won a copy of Paw Patrol: Meet Everest!

Please check your emails.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 11-Aug-16 15:41:18

Well done to middleagespread who has won a holiday with HF Holidays. Please check your emails smile

grannyqueenie Sat 13-Aug-16 20:53:34

The Paw Patrol DVD arrived today, thanks gransnet, my little grandaughters will enjoy it when they come for a sleepover this week. I'll enjoy the few minutes down time it will buy me smile

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 18-Aug-16 10:54:54

Well done to mbody who has won Nine Lives Merchandise from our Facebook comp.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 20-Aug-16 14:50:54

Congratulations to LullyDully, Greyduster and Grannyknot who've won the following competitions respectively: cookbook bundle, children's classics bundle and nature books bundle. Please check your emails. grin

Grannyknot Sat 20-Aug-16 15:10:38

I'm delighted to be the winner of the nature books bundle. Thank you very much! My little grandson will benefit. Plus will earn me some Brownie points with DIL. grin

Greyduster Sat 20-Aug-16 15:20:24

I'm very pleased to be able to add these classic stories to my bookshelves. Lovely additional bedtime reading for GS and I will enjoy re-reading them too! Many thanks!

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Aug-16 13:03:57

Congrats to venus who has won a Barefoot Coaching activity hamper and a £50 John Lewis voucher.

Grannyknot Thu 25-Aug-16 11:46:53

Hi again GN - my parcel of books arrived today, they are beautiful grin.

My regular postie said that he came to my door first because "Your parcel is heavy!"

I am really happy with this win, thanks again.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 25-Aug-16 12:17:25

Glad they got to you safely Grannyknot!

We've got new winners to announce:

Congratulations GeorgeW who's won the Mary Berry comp and cornergran who's won the Gardening books comp. The thread is full of some great tips, thank you!

And Greyduster - please email/pm us your address so that we can send you your classic books! grin

LullyDully Thu 25-Aug-16 14:16:32

Thank you very much for my cookery books, they arrived today. Looking forward to trying out some recipes, not sure quite where to start. A lovely book of Italian Cookery by regions, a very modern family cookery book and Joe Wheatleys Home baking. Many thanks.

cornergran Thu 25-Aug-16 14:43:29

Thank you so much - looking forward to receiving the books. smile

lefthanded Fri 26-Aug-16 09:29:28

I won the spa-day at Ragdale Hall which was the prize from a recent draw of members who completed the site use survey recently.

Although I'm probably not the target demographic for a spa-day, it is a day for two and I can tell you that my wife is quite thrilled at the prospect.

I tried to convince her that it was a birthday present from me but she wasn't fooled gringrin

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 26-Aug-16 12:05:41

NanaandGrampy, you are the winner of Granny's Purse - congratulations! Please email contactus with your postal address. smile

NanaandGrampy Fri 26-Aug-16 19:21:44

Thank you, we will love it x

Grannyknot Fri 26-Aug-16 19:43:35

nanaandgrampy are you on a diet of lucky beans!? grin well done.

NanaandGrampy Fri 26-Aug-16 20:13:27

I just bought a lottery ticket in case :-) x

mbody Tue 30-Aug-16 11:06:49

Not yet received Nine Lives merchandise? Looking forward to this very much.

cornergran Tue 30-Aug-16 17:15:50

Just received the big box for small gardens, thank you so much. . Looks like I will learn what we we have done wrong in our tiny garden. I feel a re-vamp coming on!

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Sep-16 11:36:50

mbody

Not yet received Nine Lives merchandise? Looking forward to this very much.

Sorry to hear you haven't yet received your prize - we'll check with the PR and get back to you.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Sep-16 12:45:15

mbody - just to let you know the PR has said they'll dispatch the prizes this afternoon, so it should be with you by late next week.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Sep-16 14:57:12

Quite a few winners to announce today...

Janeg88, Hutchy73, hawkster and Samie have all won a National Trust family pass as the winners of our Facebook competition.

Lorelei has won the complete set of new i-SPY titles worth £60 and a pair of Bresser children's binoculars.

Envious has won a limited edition scarf designed by Emma Greenhill and a signed copy of Les Parisiennes.

Please all check your emails for more details. Happy Thursday!

mbody Sat 03-Sep-16 13:34:22

I am delighted to say I have received the Nine Lives merchandise today. Thank you so much. Plush cat is for new grandchild due soon and DVD's will go to grandson, fabulous!!

posie Wed 07-Sep-16 10:10:56

Just received the Miele C3 vacuum cleaner. Thank you very much indeed! smile

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 08-Sep-16 12:37:14

Congrats to Morgie52 who has won a Sylvanian Families set.

Morgie52 Thu 08-Sep-16 16:21:56

Many thanks. Looking forward to receiving the set.

NanaandGrampy Fri 09-Sep-16 15:05:37

Just a picture to show how well received my prize was ( please excuse his runny nose .... He has a cold 😀)!

As you can see the glasses were a big hit !

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 12-Sep-16 13:38:19

How adorable NanaandGrampy!

We've got a new winner announce...

Well done to lolarabbit who has won £100 to spend on Bakker.com.

lolarabbit Mon 12-Sep-16 16:40:30

That's brilliant. My garden and I are very excited. Thank you.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 14-Sep-16 17:13:51

Well done to gwen, deanhead and Daphne01 who have each won an Organix hamper as the winners of this fortnight's Facebook competition.

deanhead Wed 14-Sep-16 19:04:53

fantastic. thank you so much

Morgie52 Thu 15-Sep-16 17:01:42

Just to let you know I have received my prize. Thank you very much.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 22-Sep-16 12:32:33

Congrats to earnshaw who has won £100 to spend with The All-in-One Company. Please check your emails for more details.

Purpledaffodil Wed 28-Sep-16 08:24:44

Had an email to say I've won the Nadiya cookbook. Really excited, but it hasn't appeared on here and I have sent my address. Any ideas GN?

Purpledaffodil Wed 28-Sep-16 11:42:13

Wrote too soon, lovely book by Nadiya arrived in post this morning. Thanks GN and thanks Nadiya for choosing me.

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 29-Sep-16 14:10:23

Hi! New to GN and I get to be the bearer of good news! Congrats to 50socks who has won a £100 voucher for Hand on Heart Jewellery as winner of the latest Facebook competition. Please check your messages for more details.

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 29-Sep-16 14:15:28

Good to hear PurpleDaffodil - hope you enjoy reading and cooking with Bake Me a Story!

Grannyknot Thu 29-Sep-16 14:38:47

Congrats PD from memory the prize was a signed copy, is it thus? smile

Purpledaffodil Thu 29-Sep-16 18:08:04

You are right Grannyknot. Good memory you have. I tried reading one of the stories to GS yesterday and he went back to the computer after a couple of pages saying "I can multitask Nana". But I shall persevere as it is a very attractive book.
Thanks Sorcha. I think a story with baking would cover GS's favourite occupations. Apart from faffing with the computer of course. grin

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 12-Oct-16 16:04:39

It's that time of the week again... congrats to angiehoggett who has won £100 worth of Nanshy makeup brushes in our Facebook competition! Please check your messages for more details

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 08-Nov-16 14:38:32

TheDuchessOfKidderminster from MN wins a £100 voucher for taking part in the MN-GN-Mori online groups - thanks to everyone who took part flowers

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 19-Dec-16 10:53:12

Congratulations to Pmliu who has won a £700 Finding Dory bedroom makeover! Do check your emails for more details.

tiredoldwoman Mon 19-Dec-16 13:32:45

I won the Electra bike and collected it this morning ! I can't quite believe it's mine -it feels like Santa's been ! I'm delighted with it - thank you .

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 19-Dec-16 15:30:48

Many congratulations to Purpledaffodil, who is the winner of our fabulous kids' Christmas reads competition! Please check your email for more details tchsmile

Grannyknot Mon 19-Dec-16 18:49:21

purple shock you are a lucky fish! smile congrats galore.

Purpledaffodil Mon 19-Dec-16 22:31:13

Thank you so much GK for sending me the news and of course GN for the prize. Very exciting!

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 21-Dec-16 10:55:43

Great to hear tiredoldwoman. Happy cycling!

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 21-Dec-16 11:04:26

Announcing a belated lucky winner of the ultimate grandparenting prize worth £1000... creativz! Do check your email for more details. tchgrin

willow5 Wed 21-Dec-16 13:37:56

Thank you for my copy of Merry Christmas Blue Kangeroo, together with the baby kangeroo that came with it. I am sure my grandson will love having this read to him

creativz Thu 22-Dec-16 10:13:20

I'm still in a state of shock, very pleased indeed to hear I'd won and on my birthday too tchshock my gran must surely be watching over me, many thanks GN !

gillyknits Thu 22-Dec-16 20:14:39

Thank you so much for the copy of ' The Resurrection of Frederic Debreu' I shall look forward to reading it after a Christmas when I have collapsed in a heap in the corner!

Purpledaffodil Fri 23-Dec-16 07:41:30

Thank you so much for the huge box of children's books, with several more arriving direct from the publishers. What an unforgettable new book smell! I am indeed a lucky fish as GK said. And my grandsons will be even luckier as the prime beneficiaries. grin.

Lorelei Sun 01-Jan-17 21:04:55

The i-Spy books and binoculars were given to my youngest nephew, and Dylan, his dad (my brother) and his grandad are looking forward to adventures looking for all the things the books cover. There are a lot of great subjects in the 19 books and they are sure to spark his interest and he'll no doubt learn a lot in the process. Thank you very much - it was a great prize to win.

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Jan-17 13:57:15

legs55 wins a £50 voucher for completing a survey about GN on the panel - sign up here if you're not yet on the panel!

missytilley Tue 10-Jan-17 10:06:29

Yes I'm happy to say I won a lovely Book named Sleeping Beauty back in September I was awed at how different and glossy the pictures were Thank You again

rosesarered Tue 10-Jan-17 11:48:17

I never win anything!
Perhaps I should start entering comps.grin

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-Jan-17 12:54:33

Congratulations to CleopatraSoup who is the lucky winner of a £250 Homebase voucher! Please check your emails for more details.

CleopatraSoup Tue 10-Jan-17 14:13:30

Oooh how lovely! I needed something nice to cheer me up.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 12-Jan-17 09:41:46

Congrats to jammy388 who has won our recipe competition and two fab cookbooks! Do check your emails for more details.

jammy388 Thu 12-Jan-17 13:34:10

Thanks that's great. I have responded to your email with my address details.

fourormore Sat 21-Jan-17 09:53:40

Thanks Gransnet for the Tiger book - 6yr old granddaughter loves reading and will love this book I'm sure!Books like this encourage reading don't they!

joannapiano Sat 21-Jan-17 12:33:25

Thank you for the Tiger Days book that arrived this morning.
DGD aged 8 is coming over tomorrow, so we'll start it together and then review it.

ValC Sat 21-Jan-17 22:54:10

Many thanks for the Tiger Days book that arrived this morning, my granddaughter will love this and when she is finished with it she can pass it on to her cousin to enjoy.. I will ask her her thoughts when she's read it and let you know what she thinks.

marpau Mon 23-Jan-17 12:28:41

thanks for the copy of tiger days grandson will love this

Annie29 Mon 23-Jan-17 22:12:04

Thank you for my copy of Tiger Days. I will read it with my Grandchildren next week and leave a review.

littlefiona Sun 29-Jan-17 11:06:48

thanks so much for the tiger days book.my grandaughter has read it already and was enthralled.i have left a review about this

popcorn1 Sat 11-Feb-17 05:53:27

Is this site still live and being used?

SorchaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 13-Feb-17 16:12:06

Congratulations to jusnoneed who has won a Kindle Paperwhite worth over £100 plus a copy of The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon smile

We've also posted on the original thread. Please check your emails for more details.

jusnoneed Mon 13-Feb-17 17:29:12

Thank you so much, a first ever win for me!
I've replied to your email, giving my details.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 20-Feb-17 10:43:25

Congratulations to gillybob, who has won our 'books that feature your local area' competition and a copy of Reading Allowed by Chris Paling!

Please check your mail for more details smile

Greenfinch Mon 20-Feb-17 11:38:55

Congratulations gillybob.Nice to see a regular contributor winning.

Grannyknot Mon 20-Feb-17 12:33:03

Thank you for the prizes for my knitting efforts for The Big Knit! [happy emoticon]

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 20-Feb-17 12:44:07

Glad you received your prize okay, Grannyknit! wink

gillybob Thu 23-Feb-17 10:49:24

So pleased to hear I have won a copy of "Reading allowed".

I am one of those people who can't even win an argument, so this is great news, thank you GNHQ (and Chris Paling) smile

Riverwalk Thu 23-Feb-17 11:14:13

Congrats gilly - I like it when a regular poster wins!

jusnoneed Sat 25-Feb-17 10:00:10

Just to let you know my Kindle has just been delivered (book came a couple days ago), so I would like to say thanks once again.

harrigran Tue 28-Feb-17 10:38:33

Many thanks for the shopping vouchers, won in the Fairy non bio competition, they have just been delivered.
I do use Fairy non bio for GC's bedding and towels but had forgotten to mention that in the post about washing day routine, and I still won smile

Brendaj Thu 09-Mar-17 12:25:03

I have just received a copy of a book called the girlfriend by Michelle Francis.was thissenttome bygransnet ?

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 15-Mar-17 14:18:17

tllysmummy wins a £100 voucher for completing the survey about loneliness.

Rinouchka Wed 15-Mar-17 18:09:58

This week, I heard that I had won one of the copies of "The English Agent". Thank you! I have never won anything before, so perhaps the beginning of a new era......

Greenfinch Fri 17-Mar-17 10:45:24

I have just received a copy of Radio Boy.
Many thanks. It looks interesting

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 22-Mar-17 17:31:56

Helensbutterfly wins a £250 John Lewis voucher for completing the ombudsman survey on GN

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 24-Mar-17 12:45:42

Many congrats to morethan2 who has won the signed copy of Jane Clarke's book, Nourish! Please check your emails for more details smile

Mapleleaf Wed 29-Mar-17 14:12:49

Thank you for email to say I have won a copy of recipes from my mother. Looking forward to receiving it & will review it when I've read it. Many thanks.

GrannyGlyn Thu 30-Mar-17 18:43:42

Thank you so much for my copy of Recipes from my mother.
It arrived today. I was over the moon to get the email, I'm a big fan of Rachel's books.
Thank you Gransnet and Rachel.

NfkDumpling Fri 31-Mar-17 09:27:56

THANK YOU! A copy of Recipes from my Mother arrived via a neighbour yesterday! Wonderful! It's a lovely book which I spent a couple of hours drooling over yesterday and have just picked up again. I can't stand long enough to cook at the moment so can only read, but it's a lovely browsing book - and this way is very slimming!

It looks a good workable book with nice ideas and I think there's a good chance I'll buy copies for the offspring. I'm not passing this one on! Thank you!

Purpledaffodil Sat 01-Apr-17 09:23:12

Thank you so much GN and Soreen for wonderful voucher which arrived today. I chose a JL one as DD is getting married in the summer and I hope to choose an extravagant MoB outfit. Really thankful and excited. smile

Worlass Sun 02-Apr-17 14:23:12

Thank you so much for my copy of "Recipes from My Mother". I have not yet had chance to attempt any of the recipes, but have enjoyed looking through the book. My granddaughter has already requested linguine with crab, garlic, chilli and parsley, which is completely different from anything I would usually attempt, but here's my opportunity to expand my repertoire!

Mapleleaf Sun 02-Apr-17 22:26:12

Hello Worlass. I'm pretty sure that your granddaughter will enjoy the linguine with crab, garlic etc. I made it last night, and it was delicious!

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Apr-17 12:55:55

Thank you gransnet team for the giveaway book 21 rituals to change your life. Just arrived today. Will look at it and review later.