Gransnet forums

Competitions

Won anything?

(830 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-Jul-16 13:55:24

We've always got something fabulous up for grabs here on Gransnet. If you've got any questions about a prize or would like to discuss what you've won with fellow gransnetters, feel free to post here.

Also - do check your emails around the closing date of the competition you've entered. If you've won, we would have emailed you the details. Don't forget to check your junk mail, as sometimes our mails slip through the net.

If you've got your posts in chronological order, click on 'Last' at the top of this thread to skip to the last page of this thread for the most recent winners. You can find past winners on our previous 'Won anything?' thread here.

Best of luck!

GNHQ

otherwiseknownasGrandma Wed 19-Apr-17 09:21:52

Thank you very much for my copy of "Recipes from My Mother". The gluten free chocolate cake was a huge success with all my family at Easter and I'm looking forward to trying out lots more of the recipes including the crab linguine!

Mapleleaf Thu 20-Apr-17 10:22:01

As promised, I said I would read 21 rituals to change your life and then review. I found it an easy to read book and the steps (rituals) are easy to follow. You may find that you do some of them already. I enjoyed the book and will continue to refer to it.

MetteGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 26-Apr-17 13:27:38

Congrats to callgirl1 who has won our family-friendly farm competition.

We've also posted on the original thread. Please check your email for more details.

morethan2 Wed 26-Apr-17 13:58:06

I meant to say thank you for my copy of nourish I should have acknowledged earlier, but between my long goodbye retirement, holiday plus visiting relatives I never really got round to it. So thank you.

Nonny Tue 02-May-17 17:44:25

Thank you for the Maggie O'Farrell book, "This must be the place." I will look forward to reading it when I am away in two weeks time.

grandmaz Wed 03-May-17 10:41:40

Thank you so much for the lovely surprise which the postman brought yesteray! smile I am really looking forward to reading This Must Be The Place...saving it for my holiday in late May!

callgirl1 Wed 03-May-17 17:42:50

Dear Gransnet, Despite the fact that I was so thrilled to be told that I`d won the Cornwall holiday, I have to regretfully turn it down, due to the fact that I can`t find anyone who wants to go to Cornwall in the winter. I was so looking forward to going as well. Oh well......! Thank you anyway xx

callgirl1 Thu 04-May-17 09:53:08

Dear Gransnet, please could I rescind my statement of yesterday for a little longer, just in case I can persuade anyone to go on the holiday with me? Thank you xx

middleagespread Thu 04-May-17 13:32:57

Taking my prize this month and getting very excited.Will keep you posted smile

middleagespread Sat 06-May-17 15:15:52

Packing my bags to enjoy my holiday very soon. So excited and thank you Gransnet.smile

Maggiemaybe Sat 06-May-17 15:57:57

Oh, callgirl, I do hope you find someone! I didn't enter this one, as flights to Cornwall from up here in Yorkshire only operate in the Summer, but it looks like a lovely place to take the family. Fingers crossed for you.

suttonJ Mon 08-May-17 22:02:26

Thanks for the copy of 'Dragons Green'.....my grand daughter is excited at the thought of a book, likened to a new Harry Potter.

callgirl1 Thu 11-May-17 22:06:22

Maggiemaybe, I`ve handed my prize back, sadly. Hopefully it`ll be "one of us" who gets it in my place.

BBbevan Fri 12-May-17 16:47:19

callgirl1. I have been offered your prize. My son and his family love Cornwall so we thought to ask them to join us. Sadly none of the dates fit in with school holidays and a long car journey from East London. So like you I must hand this prize back. ☹️

callgirl1 Fri 12-May-17 21:17:39

That's a shame BBbevan, but when a holiday is mainly geared to children, it would make more sense to make it during school holidays. My youngest son and his wife would have gone with me, but they have a little boy at school, and DIL works in a school.

Pittcity Sat 13-May-17 10:27:51

Thank you for the Ted books that arrived this morning. I look forward to sharing them with DGS.

fourormore Sat 13-May-17 10:49:27

Thanks from me too for the Ted books that arrived this morning. They will be going to my nieces children and will so much appreciated. Thank you!

ranorman45 Thu 25-May-17 11:21:57

I know that it's a little delayed but would like to give a big thank you for my copy of recipes from my mother ,it really is a lovely book with great family friendly meal ideas ,we have tried quite a few out and they have been given the thumbs up and admitted to our ever growing list of family favourites thank again!

callgirl1 Thu 25-May-17 12:24:43

Thank you for my book, Home Cook, by Thomasina Miers. A beautifully presented book.

Elrel Mon 29-May-17 18:30:46

21 Rituals to Change Your Life - many thanks for a fascinating book! The first ritual I took on board was deep breathing, it works well, especially during hospital appointments!

welshmaiden Thu 08-Jun-17 10:59:00

Thank you so much for the book 'Please enjoy your happiness' which I received this morning. I shall take on holiday with me to read in Cornwall!

fourormore Thu 08-Jun-17 16:14:56

Welshmaiden - great minds think alike!
Thank you GN for 'Please enjoy your happiness' received safely today. I love this style of book and will also be taking my copy on holiday in a couple of weeks! Looks good, light holiday reading, thank you!

annsixty Thu 08-Jun-17 16:24:13

Thank you for notify me that I have won a copy of Just for the Holidays. I look forward to reading it.

PoshGran Thu 08-Jun-17 16:49:14

Thank you GN for my copy of "Please enjoy your happiness" which arrived this morning. I'm looking forward to reading it. smile

Sar53 Thu 08-Jun-17 18:25:39

I have also heard today that I have won a copy of Just for the Holidays. Very excited as I don't remember ever winning anything before ! Thank you.