Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a Swan toaster and kettle set *NOW CLOSED*

(1000 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 11-Sep-19 15:06:57

To celebrate the paperback publication of Joanna Nell’s novel, The Single Ladies of Jacaranda Retirement Village, we're giving one lucky gransnetter the chance to win a toaster and kettle set from Swan and a copy of the book, together worth over £100.

More details on the prize can be found HERE and T&Cs HERE. We will pick a winner after 11am on 11th October.

To enter simply tell us... what makes you feel young again?

You must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE if you haven't done so already.

And don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest competitions delivered straight to your inbox...

--

The thread is getting close to 1000 posts - the maximum number we can have on a thread - so we've made a new thread for when this one is full which you can find here. grin

annsixty Wed 11-Sep-19 15:11:02

Simply being with young people who treat you as an equal and never, ever patronise.
I am fortunate with my adult GC.

bikergran Wed 11-Sep-19 15:39:22

Going to the Sea Side smile

angela53 Wed 11-Sep-19 16:30:31

Dancing makes me feel young

Cherrytree59 Wed 11-Sep-19 16:38:11

My grandchildern.
My outlook pre grandchildren and become quite 2 dimensional.

Now Spiders, bugs, dinosaurs and sharks have entered my world.?????

I can now balance on a (fallen) tree trunk and fly down a zip wire.
Who knew???

marypercival Wed 11-Sep-19 16:40:27

Caravanning with my children and grandchildren

Daisymae Wed 11-Sep-19 16:44:21

Music! Just listening to the intros of the songs that were in the charts when I was in my teens and I am young again. In 1966 I bought every number one record. Music defined our generation and if my dad couldn't understand a word they were saying, so much the better. If only I had kept those records!

kittylester Wed 11-Sep-19 16:47:21

I echo what annsixty says. People, especially young people, seeing me as a person not as a 70 year old!

I am lucky in that I volunteer with lots of younger people who see the me inside!

cornergran Wed 11-Sep-19 16:55:01

Having fun with other people and simply not thinking about age.

lemongrove Wed 11-Sep-19 16:55:48

Being with friends and enjoying a good time together always rejuvenates me, animated discussions, a few drinks and a lovely meal puts me in a better and younger mind set.
In my view, good friends are better for our health then any amount of visits by grandchildren ( much as we love them.)
Instead of being seen as parents/ grandparents, our friends see us for the whole person and engage with us on that level.
These outings should really be on the NHS! smile

fizzers Wed 11-Sep-19 17:08:06

going out with my grandchildren, going out and meeting good friends.

People who are interested in your opinion and do not dismiss you as being 'old' and therefore have no value.

Marmight Wed 11-Sep-19 17:11:32

Well, this week I teetered at the top of a step ladder pruning a very large tree with a pair of long handles shears, then this morning I had my biweekly session of lifting bell weights and lying on the floor with my legs in the air doing complicated stretches, followed by a grass cutting session. So all in all I feel pretty young not to mention active for 71 ?.

Jaffacake2 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:18:16

Dancing to Abba ,being the Dancing Queen !

wildswan16 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:19:47

Walking through the puddles when nobody is watching, and having a sneaky splash at the same time.

Envious Wed 11-Sep-19 17:21:19

Driving with the windows down and loud music I like on the radio.

Ngaio1 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:21:58

I get up earlier (by design!) and have a brisk walk to start the day. I feel so much better after starting this plan.

Alima Wed 11-Sep-19 17:23:05

Racking up the stereo when alone in the house!

callgirl1 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:31:39

Being at a Marty Wilde concert

Beacon61 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:44:22

Since being partnered with an Assistance Dog, I'm popping up in life, and good things are brewing!

KatyK Wed 11-Sep-19 17:58:41

Listening to the music of my youth. In my case '60s music, especially The Beatles. My daughter bought me a book about the '60s with lots of people wearing the fashions of the day. I love looking through that and remembering when I wore similar.

blossom49 Wed 11-Sep-19 18:00:46

Days out with my friend to see a musical, dining at a lovely Italian restaurant sharing a bottle of rose, checking out the latest fashions at John Lewis and catching up on all the gossip.

MamaCaz Wed 11-Sep-19 18:01:18

The exhileration of riding my bike really fast - even though that only happens nowadays if I'm going down a hill on it! smile

travelsafar Wed 11-Sep-19 18:14:53

Listening to music from the 60's. Memories come flooding back of my mum and dad, nights out as a teenager, and listening to the transister radio in the bath Sunday night to Pick of the Pops.

Juno56 Wed 11-Sep-19 18:19:25

Dancing to the music of my youth (the Seventies).

Grannyknot Wed 11-Sep-19 18:20:49

I've just spent a few days reminiscing with a friend from 50 years ago, and just like that, we were 20 again. smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion