Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Quarantine reintroduced for those returning from Spain

(231 Posts)
B9exchange Sat 25-Jul-20 22:08:58

This is a bit sudden, usually we get a week's warning. Even Grant Schapps is on holiday over there. Will he had to quarantine for 2 weeks? Will there be exceptions?

maddyone Thu 30-Jul-20 09:32:29

We haven’t booked anything but looking at possibly a week or so in Normandy, but watching the updates and wondering ourselves. Maybe it won’t be possible, but I could do with it. Despite normally being well on my antidepressants, since lockdown I’ve been struggling quite a lot, and I feel I could do with the change and a return to some kind of normality, which for us means taking a break every few months. The stress of lockdown has been enormous and I’m not coping too well, especially early mornings.

Iam64 Thu 30-Jul-20 11:29:47

Maddyone, you aren’t alone in finding this period affects mood. I may/may not get a trip to Greece. If it’s possible, I’m sure I’ll feel much stronger facing the winter and what seems like an inevitable lockdown

Newquay Sat 08-Aug-20 20:53:56

Well we’re off to Minorcafor 10 days-where they’ve had very few cases-tomorrow from Manc. Plane only just over half full. As previously said we have the masks used in ITU. 2 hour flight so won’t eat/drink/use toilet. Collect hire car at airport to secluded villa-more secluded than at home. Going with local family bubble-all will quarantine on return. We went to Cornwall a couple of weeks ago. Took all precautions en route and while there too.

maddyone Sun 09-Aug-20 00:23:28

Yes Iam, the winter will be easier if we’re able to have a break. I hope you manage to get to Greece. If we don’t make Normandy we may look at going to a Greek Island. We’ve already cancelled two holidays, one with our daughter and family which would have been nice, but it’s the same for everyone. We’ve got flights booked for Canada in October but their borders remain closed, and they have 14 day quarantine rules for arrivals such as returning citizens, so it’s extremely unlikely we’ll be able to do that.
Life is more back to normal now, so that helps with depressive symptoms, but I do miss the holidays.

tanith Sun 09-Aug-20 07:43:36

My daughters so looked forward to her week in Majorca but has just deferred to next year as my GD would miss 2 wks of school in quarantine instead she going to Gibraltar for a few days short flight and no quarantine on return it’s more expensive but at least they’ll get a few sunny days to explore and go to the beach and visit with family.