Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Didn’t feel safe in the garage.

(28 Posts)
GagaJo Tue 05-Jan-21 10:32:39

There is a whole area of society where people either don't believe or don't care about the virus. I find being in those environments terrifying. I work with people like it and try to avoid them as much as possible.

BlueSky Tue 05-Jan-21 10:28:21

It’s understandable if it’s your first time out. We felt like that first time out back in the Summer.

25Avalon Tue 05-Jan-21 10:23:47

We had to take the car in for service and MOT to the main dealer today. I was surprised/concerned at their lack of proper following of COVID regulations. The main door was open so I put face mask on and followed arrows to service area. There was a sign that the coffee machine was not in use but none to say use the sanitiser stood next to it! There was a big sign on the wall not to come in if you had coronavirus symptoms - too late, I’m already in hmm

Then I was told I could not pay over the phone but when I collected I had to use the machine which would be sanitised before and after. So I asked to pay by bank transfer. Receptionist goes off to ask and returns with details on sheet of paper which I refused to accept as being unsafe. Probably thought”got a right one here” and finally agreed to send details by email. You would have thought main dealer would have a better system. Dropped car keys into a sanitised tissue and followed footprints out to a different door. A door that is closed and needs pushing open by hand. Being me I have disposable gloves in my pocket so was able to put one on to open door.

They are supposed to sanitise the car before I collect. I will be taking a can of virus free spray which was recommended on here by a gnetter and give a good spray before I get in. First time I have been in anywhere since March. Didn’t feel COVID safe. How do others feel?