Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Vaccine side effects

(234 Posts)
M0nica Wed 13-Jan-21 09:14:16

No it wouldn't. The vaccine doesn't suddenly 'kick-in'. It is in the body from the moment it is injected and gradually takes effect over about three weeks, reaching maximum effectiveness at that point.

Any reaction to the vaccine will be on the day of the vaccine and a couple of days thereafter.

Yogagirl Wed 13-Jan-21 09:09:12

Atqui

My husband had the Pfizer jab before Christmas with no ill effects it seemed . Two weeks after he had really bad headaches on 3 consecutive nights . He is not normally prone to headaches . The GP says it could not be related to the jab. Has anyone else had anything similar?

I think bad headaches 1-2 weeks down the line would have been down to the vaccine as that's how long it takes to 'kick-in'

Atqui Wed 06-Jan-21 17:19:29

Thanks for your comments everyone

Liz46 Wed 06-Jan-21 16:15:08

I wonder if he had caught covid but the symptoms weren't as bad because he had had the vaccine? Both my daughters had bad headaches when they had the virus.

Charleygirl5 Wed 06-Jan-21 15:51:22

I should have mentioned only a tiny percentage of people will have an anaphylactic shock.

Charleygirl5 Wed 06-Jan-21 15:50:06

To my knowledge, if you are going to have a reaction to the vaccine it may be in the form of an anaphylactic shock which must be dealt with by a medic on the scene. That is the reason people stay for 20 minutes or so- to make sure that all is well.

2 weeks down the line is too far away.

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Jan-21 15:31:19

Atqui highly unlikely I think, if there was a sniff of any sort of negative reaction certain members of the scurrilous press would be all over it, never mind the flipping Covid deniers.

BlueBelle Wed 06-Jan-21 15:02:40

I don’t think it would be related two weeks after having the jab either to be honest
Unfortunately everything we get now will be connected in our minds with CoviD

Atqui Wed 06-Jan-21 14:57:52

My husband had the Pfizer jab before Christmas with no ill effects it seemed . Two weeks after he had really bad headaches on 3 consecutive nights . He is not normally prone to headaches . The GP says it could not be related to the jab. Has anyone else had anything similar?