Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Vaccine side effects

(235 Posts)
Atqui Wed 06-Jan-21 14:57:52

My husband had the Pfizer jab before Christmas with no ill effects it seemed . Two weeks after he had really bad headaches on 3 consecutive nights . He is not normally prone to headaches . The GP says it could not be related to the jab. Has anyone else had anything similar?

growstuff Sun 24-Jan-21 18:07:06

Yogagirl

If I did a survey it would be 98% against having the vaccine, so it all depends who is asked. The vaccine is still in it's experimental stage, once data is gathered we can have a more informed opinion, but when will that be? Don't know.

That's true if you only distributed the polling slips to members of a crank organisation.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 18:04:40

If I did a survey it would be 98% against having the vaccine, so it all depends who is asked. The vaccine is still in it's experimental stage, once data is gathered we can have a more informed opinion, but when will that be? Don't know.

Casdon Sun 24-Jan-21 17:56:20

It’s an IPSOS poll, and there are plenty of others, all of them indicate a rising acceptance of vaccines as the only known method of controlling COVID. This one has selected randomly from members of the public worldwide, I can post the methodology as well if you would like to see it.

growstuff Sun 24-Jan-21 17:54:07

Yogagirl

growstuff

Yogagirl

Well I did actually post before this that; the only people I know who are having the vaccine is my 90yr prev. f.i.l and my sister, and that's it. When I told my sister, she called me a few choice names and deleted me on 'Whatsapp'.

I live by the sea, very healthy bunch down here smile

It's good to hear there's somebody in your family with some sense.

Why have you met them? confused

I assume you mean "Why? Have you met them?"

I don't need to. I can read what you've written of your sister on here.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:50:26

Casdon

Here are some more statistics:
www.ipsos.com/en/global-attitudes-covid-19-vaccine-december-2020
You must have a very narrow social circle if you don’t mix with any of the 79% of the UK population who in December were saying they would have the vaccination Yogagirl. I’m sure most of us come across people of both persuasions.

What sort of sampling did they use? Was it all your mates?

EllanVannin Sun 24-Jan-21 17:48:09

Where ignorance is bliss-------

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 17:46:47

Well, we don't know where you live so we can't, and wouldn't anyway. That sounds perfectly safe but it was raining here so no shouting across the gardens. I do wish we knew where you live, though, so we can avoid it come summer, as it's a seaside place.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:45:22

growstuff

Yogagirl

Well I did actually post before this that; the only people I know who are having the vaccine is my 90yr prev. f.i.l and my sister, and that's it. When I told my sister, she called me a few choice names and deleted me on 'Whatsapp'.

Why have you met them? confused

Casdon Sun 24-Jan-21 17:43:37

Here are some more statistics:
www.ipsos.com/en/global-attitudes-covid-19-vaccine-december-2020
You must have a very narrow social circle if you don’t mix with any of the 79% of the UK population who in December were saying they would have the vaccination Yogagirl. I’m sure most of us come across people of both persuasions.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:42:54

17 houses. We had a social distance Xmas eve mince pie & mulled wine 'gathering' and Xmas Carols, standing on our own driveways, so don't call the police on me. We also have our own 'whatsapp' group.

growstuff Sun 24-Jan-21 17:41:08

Yogagirl

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:38:52

Yes I was surprised too, but those are the facts.

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 17:38:10

I hope you haven't been going door to door, polling them.
How many houses?

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:36:51

Elegran

So can you estimate how many people that is? How many in your street, for example, are going to take the vaccine, and how many are not?

None, zero

Elegran Sun 24-Jan-21 17:31:38

So can you estimate how many people that is? How many in your street, for example, are going to take the vaccine, and how many are not?

growstuff Sun 24-Jan-21 17:25:37

Yogagirl

It would be really nice to have an intelligent conversation on here, instead of this childish nonsense.

Have a nice day then!

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:25:16

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 17:21:39

Quite

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:21:22

It would be really nice to have an intelligent conversation on here, instead of this childish nonsense.

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 17:17:59

Of course not but I you are in a minority but tell us everyone you know is an anti-Vaxxer.

I do find that hard to believe, that's why I wondered where you live. You don't have to answer, of course.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:17:16

Callistemon

And your neighbours?
And Uncle Tom Cobley?

All the people in my life I know for sure will not have the vaccine. Uncle Tom Cobley - no idea! Another stupidity.

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:15:10

Why should I be made to feel guilty because of my decision not to have the vaccine, more vaccine for those who do. Is the UK a dictatorship now then? No freedom of thought?

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 17:13:23

And your neighbours?
And Uncle Tom Cobley?

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 17:12:42

Quite the contrary, I'm allowing those who want the vaccine to have my shot, and my second shot. They will also get all my families, my friends & neighbours, colleges & students.

So you, your whole family, all your friends, a college where you work (?), other colleges and all the students there all believe these unsubstantiated ideas?

Where do you live?

Yogagirl Sun 24-Jan-21 17:10:37

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.