Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

You couldn't make this up could you? Wonder how they voted... Elderly Britons are REFUSING Pfizer's vaccine because they'd rather 'wait for the English one' | Daily Mail Online

(290 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

biba70 Fri 08-Jan-21 12:08:50

this seems just crazy.

GagaJo Sat 09-Jan-21 23:57:59

Chewbacca

^I can't be bothered to wade through the brown stuff to get to the^ nugget of actual information

And yet your prepared to pay credence to the unsubstantiated drivel about 10 old biddies in Stockton who allegedly want to wait for a different vaccine! Oh the irony! grin

If it was just for the DM article, no, I would ignore it. But you know as well as I do, that there have been GN members saying the same thing.

GagaJo Sat 09-Jan-21 23:56:43

You don't know me, Poppyred, but I stick up for anyone that is being unfairly treated. It's usually only called for in real life and TBH, I am surprised it is called for on here.

But it is. So yes, I will. Unkindness is never right.

Poppyred Sat 09-Jan-21 23:26:21

Yep that’s me Chewbacca straight to the point! ?

Poppyred Sat 09-Jan-21 23:24:11

Yes seems so but GagaJo is speaking for her as usual. ??

Callistemon Sat 09-Jan-21 23:12:08

Poppyred

I can’t believe this thread is still going.... bloody ridiculous!

I think the OP has left the building, Poppyred!

Callistemon Sat 09-Jan-21 23:09:42

PS I like The Indy

Callistemon Sat 09-Jan-21 23:08:08

I can't be bothered to wade through the brown stuff to get to the nugget of actual information

But you didnt need to, Gagajo
biba (or her young friend) had already very kindly done the research for you.

When some posters assured her that she mustn't believe everything she reads in the Daily Mail, it's sensationalist, you accused them of bullying.

petra I agree, the DM has, apparently run some very worthwhile campaigns.

Reading the DM does not preclude people from reading The Guardian, The Washington Post, The Times (Rupert Murdoch?) or The Australian (Rupert again?).

Chewbacca Sat 09-Jan-21 23:05:56

Succinctly put Poppy! grin

Poppyred Sat 09-Jan-21 23:01:50

I can’t believe this thread is still going.... bloody ridiculous!

petra Sat 09-Jan-21 22:48:51

gagajo
I assume you missed the fact that the DM was the only newspaper to campaign ( and not give up) until the killers of Steven Lawrence were put in prison.

Chewbacca Sat 09-Jan-21 22:32:39

I can't be bothered to wade through the brown stuff to get to the nugget of actual information

And yet your prepared to pay credence to the unsubstantiated drivel about 10 old biddies in Stockton who allegedly want to wait for a different vaccine! Oh the irony! grin

GagaJo Sat 09-Jan-21 22:28:07

*use

GagaJo Sat 09-Jan-21 22:27:44

Chewbacca

GagaJo

I can't read the DM Callistemon. It enrages me too much.

That's a shame GagaJo because, as was very articulately pointed out further upthread All forms of media have their bias and faults, and its good to be aware of it, but dismissing things because they appear in a particular source is worrying. And I think that's a much more mature and open minded way of looking at any media.

You're entitled to an opinion.

I used the DM or the Mirror et al with lower KS4 students. Nice and easy to understand. If I want nuance and higher level language use, I use The Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian etc.

I appreciate that a certain section of the population like their news gossipy and scandalous. I can't be bothered to wade through the brown stuff to get to the nugget of actual information.

Alygran Sat 09-Jan-21 22:25:26

Merlot if Chris had driven ‘home’ and got stuck there in lockdown he could pop across the Tees to Stockton to check on the Vaccine 10 ?

MawBe Sat 09-Jan-21 22:16:09

Spooky
With all this talk of congestion on the M 25 - this ad has just come up on the thread

GrannyGravy13 Sat 09-Jan-21 22:14:11

It’s ok I am heading east ??

Callistemon Sat 09-Jan-21 22:10:25

Actually, do you mind awfully waiting until after you've had the vaccine?

merlotgran Sat 09-Jan-21 22:10:15

Where's Chris Rea when you need him?

Callistemon Sat 09-Jan-21 22:09:33

We'll Keep a Welcome
???

MawBe Sat 09-Jan-21 21:55:06

Time for Operation Stack ? ??????????

Chewbacca Sat 09-Jan-21 21:52:47

Looking like a bottle neck on the M4 exit.....

Iam64 Sat 09-Jan-21 21:45:04

Callistemon

But, Chewbacca, the thread was started because someone was enraged by an article in the DM.

Gagajo has defended the OP but has said that the DM enraged her so she never reads it.
How can anyone defend what one considers the indefensible?
confused

I am heading for the M4 Exit.

Can I join you Callistemon? Great post there

Callistemon Sat 09-Jan-21 21:36:42

But, Chewbacca, the thread was started because someone was enraged by an article in the DM.

Gagajo has defended the OP but has said that the DM enraged her so she never reads it.
How can anyone defend what one considers the indefensible?
confused

I am heading for the M4 Exit.

Chewbacca Sat 09-Jan-21 21:28:56

GagaJo

I can't read the DM Callistemon. It enrages me too much.

That's a shame GagaJo because, as was very articulately pointed out further upthread All forms of media have their bias and faults, and its good to be aware of it, but dismissing things because they appear in a particular source is worrying. And I think that's a much more mature and open minded way of looking at any media.

Callistemon Sat 09-Jan-21 21:24:07

None of the allegations are substantiated by any evidence.
They are supposition, assumptions only.