Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Help...can I look after my grandchildren with diabetes?

(6 Posts)
debz2451 Thu 02-Apr-20 18:32:44

My daughter is a key worker. She has returned to work after a break. I'm required to look after my grandchildren 2 till 8 wed. And fri. Their dad has that at weekend in a different house. Is this allowed? I'm under 70 and I drive from A to B? I rang diabetes uk but couldn't give me a definitive answer. She said it is covered in gov. Website but could not find it? Anyone?

NotAGran55 Thu 02-Apr-20 19:03:41

Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.

Taken from here :-

www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Your diabetes is irrelevant in this instance.

Scentia Thu 02-Apr-20 19:04:12

We are NOT to mix with people from another household. This would be wrong to travel to their house, care for their children, whatever your age or health.

Iam64 Thu 02-Apr-20 19:06:03

you need to phone your GP. It's my understanding that the GP is the person to inform the corona.gov site of any patients who are clinically vulnerable. Diabetes is one of the chronic conditions that may result in you being identified as a clinically vulnerable patient. If that is so, I suspect you will be advised to isolate for 12 weeks.

Scentia Thu 02-Apr-20 19:11:38

I really cannot understand what is so difficult about the rules. Ism64 you are not answering the ops question at all.
DO MOT MIX EITH ANYONE WHO DOES NOT LIVE UNDER THE SAME ROOF AS YOU, end of story. This is what I mean about bleeping for NHS, never mind that just follow the bloody rules people ?

Scentia Thu 02-Apr-20 19:12:17

*clapping not bleeping!