Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

UNBELIEVABLE!

(9 Posts)
phoenix Sun 05-Apr-20 14:51:14

Hello all, hope you are safe and well.

I have just seen this posted on Facebook, posted by someone I used to live next door to.

In the comments that followed, she said she was very bored, but went to see her mother (who is in lockdown, due to age) so that they could be "bored together"! ?

Susan56 Sun 05-Apr-20 15:00:53

Phoenix,our neighbours daughter is visiting every day,they are carrying on as though nothing has changed but he is also on Facebook getting very irate about people not following the rules.You couldn’t make it up.

phoenix Sun 05-Apr-20 15:03:29

Susan56 perhaps it's the old thing that people either don't think it applies to them, or that they are a special case!

Mapleleaf Sun 05-Apr-20 15:03:41

Some people just don’t get it, do they?

phoenix Sun 05-Apr-20 16:00:45

Not wrong, Mapleleaf but found it quite ironic that she had posted about visiting her mother each day after posting the "challenge" poster!

Scentia Sun 05-Apr-20 16:09:01

Our neighbours still have their GC three days a week, their daughter runs her own business on eBay from home. They broke into the play park last week with their GC and yet they were out clapping on Thursday night. You’re right, you couldn’t make it up!!!

EllanVannin Sun 05-Apr-20 16:15:42

These are the ones who'll blame others if they happen to get infected. Like the mobs who go around shouting abuse at anyone who happens to be Chinese.

Buffybee Sun 05-Apr-20 16:20:27

There are idiots, who just refuse to understand what we are all doing but thankfully, the great majority, at least where I live are following the rules.

3nanny6 Sun 05-Apr-20 16:28:29

I have two neighbours and they do not think the lockdown or any rules apply to them. Saturday two lots of neighbours sitting in front of there houses in very close proximity of each other all drinking. One woman was even giving the other woman a hair trim.
Sunday morning man in one house was helping the neighbour in her place to do the garden no social distancing at all. Also the womans daughter who does not even live there visits nearly every day.
They are still sitting out there again having a nice drink. I know you will not believe me but three of them work at the local hospital and personally I think they are taking the P/SS by their behaviour. I seriously regret my actions to do the big Clap for individuals like them as they do not deserve it.
Some things you just cannot make up.