Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Scots who are shielding must remain at home urges Nicola Sturgeon, as rules are relaxed in England

(8 Posts)
Grammaretto Sun 31-May-20 11:14:14

I just checked to see if there is any news for us shielded ones in Scotland since everyone and the dog are allowed out now in England it seems.

Spare a thought for those of us who have not set foot outside for months, apart from hospital visits, and have not seen any of our family since before the lockdown.

Doodle's wonderful thread has been a saviour for those of us in the same boat.

Be kind. Be safe . Be understanding. We may get grumpy at times.

EllanVannin Sun 31-May-20 11:25:19

Grammaretto, mark my words, Scotland will be the only ones free from the virus while England will be heading for its second wave the way things are going. Stay safe.

Grammaretto Sun 31-May-20 11:54:29

That's a good point EV!
I can't see how any of us can avoid it forever but at least we are not getting sick now.

BlueSky Sun 31-May-20 11:59:25

It does seem that Englad has thrown caution to the wind while the other nations are possibly still irritatingly mean! Obviously what we would like and what's sensible for us are two different things!

Marydoll Sun 31-May-20 12:06:02

Grammaretto, I'm with you!
Seeing all those crowded beaches etc, scares the life out of me.

Some people on a beach in England were interviewed yesterday, asking their opinion on easing Lockdown.

One said; I'm bored with it all now, I just do my own thing.

Another said I don't know what the rules are, I don't listen to the news, I got fed up with all that.

That is terrifying and that is why I will continue to shield!

Nansnet Mon 01-Jun-20 07:10:07

Grammeretto, you are lucky to be in Scotland with a leader who seems to have a better idea of how to handle this situation responsibly. People may not like the restrictions, but she's doing what she can to keep people in Scotland safe.

England, on the other hand ... dear, oh dear! Looking at what the masses got up to this weekend fills me with dread, and concern, for all my loved ones who live there.

Grammaretto Mon 01-Jun-20 07:45:53

My DS in NZ has been watching what's been happening here with increasing horror. In NZ there have been 30 deaths attributed to Covid-19 in total and there is currently one person with the virus that is known of. They had lockdown, closing borders, testing and tracing.
This is why their restrictions have been relaxed.
Here there were none of those things.

Gingster Mon 01-Jun-20 07:52:00

We all knew it would be mayhem this weekend. Boris saying ‘from Monday’ . No one was going to wait for Monday!